Chapter 5

The Only Exception

When everyone was finished eating, Luhan insisted on washing up all the dishes. Kyungsoo was thankful for that of course. While he was doing so, kai took the opportunity to talk to Kyungsoo a bit more.

"What school do you go to", Kai asked.

"Seoul Academy. I'm in my last year. I haven't attended class for a week", Kyungsoo sighed.

Kai looked at him with sympathetic eyes. He knew why he wasn't attending school. Suddenly, his eyes grew wide.

"W-Wait you're older than me!? And we go to the same school!?", Kai almost yelled. "Oh wow. I didn't even know. I've never seen you around."

"It's because I'm shorter isn't it?", Kyungsoo joked. Kai laughed then they were silent for a while

"Are you planning on going back on Monday?", Kai asked after a while.  He wasn't going to talk him into going if he wasn't comfortable doing so.

"I don't know actually. I-I want to."

"Good", he smiled. "We'll go together."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Luhan was finished washing the dishes when he came in and saw Kyungsoo and Kai talking to each other. He slowly crept in and sat down next to Kyungsoo who was now in the middle. 

"Lulu, I just found out Kyungsoo goes to SA! Can you believe that? And he's in his last year", Kai told Luhan.

Luhan raised his eyebrows. "Really? I've never seen you around."

"There's just been a lot going on. I usually take my classes on the top floor so you guys wouldn't see me", Kyungsoo explained. Kai and Luhan nodded.

"Uh Kai where's your physics book? I can't fail Monday's test again.", Luhan said and frowned. Luhan had to take a re-take of a physics test that Kai had already passed. Luhan hated physics which is why he needed to study as much as possible. 

"Oh yeah." Kai got up from the couch and walked down the hall to his room. He grabbed the text book from his desk and went back into the living room. He handed Luhan the book. Luhan looked at the book with disgust and shrugged. He got up from the couch to lay on the floor on his stomach. He flipped open the book and began reading. 

"I-I could help you if you want", Kyungsoo suggested. He was a smart student. He passed physics last year with an 85 so it wouldn't be a problem helping Luhan. 

"You'd do that?", Luhan asked looking up at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo smiled and nodded. He got up and sat next to Luhan and helped him. Kai soon joined because he wasn't the best at physics but he did alright. 

After about an hour, Luhan was getting the hang of the subject. He closed the book and thanked Kyungsoo for making it easier for him. He used analogies that Luhan could relate to so he could comprehend easier. Kyungsoo was happy he could help him out. Luhan got up from the floor to sit back on the couch and Kai followed. However, when Kyungsoo was getting up, he felt all the pain in his arms and stomach. He groaned in a pain and Kai ran to help him up. 

"A-Are you alright, Kyungsoo?", Luhan asked with concern.

Kyungsoo just nodded and sat back on the couch. 

"What happened?", Luhan began to get a bit worried.

Kyungsoo looked at Kai who was already looking at him. He nodded to Kai giving him permission to tell Luhan what had happened.

Kai moved his eyes to Luhan. "After his mother died, his father began hitting him. I found him last night in the rain because he tried to escape. I-I don't want him to go back there." Kai said the last part quietly and looked back at Kyungsoo. 

"Oh man. That's rough. I'm sorry Kyungsoo", Luhan said rubbing his back a little. Kyungsoo gave him a smile. 

Luhan's phone began ringing. He picked it up and read the caller id before answering. "Oh", he said. "It's my mother. I gotta take this. I'll be back". Luhan went down the hall and answered the phone.

"I was thinking this morning. What if my father is looking for me?", Kyungsoo asked Kai. "What if he finds me and.....I don't know. Hurts me again...", he trailed off at the thought and closed his eyes. He felt the tears forcing their way out so he closed his eyes tight. Kai pulled him closer to his chest and hugged him. 

"He's not going to hurt you again. I'll make sure of it", he whispered into his ear, sending chills down Kyungsoo's spine. Kai sent his hands through Kyungsoo's hair to comfort him. They stayed like that.

When Luhan got off the phone he walked toward the living room. He didn't make any sounds when he came so he saw how Kai was holding Kyungsoo. He stood there and glared at them. He didn't understand why Kai was holding him like that when they just met. He scoffed and walked more into the living room making his presence known.

"My mom said she needs me for um, something. I gotta go", was all Luhan said as he grabbed his backpack.

"Um alright. Text me later?", Kai replied.

Luhan just nodded as Kai got up from the couch to walk Luhan to the door. 

"Bye Luhan!", Kyungsoo chimed before he disappeared with Kai. 

Luhan put his shoes on and didn't say a word. He opened the door and walked out. "Bye Lulu", Kai yelled smiling. 

Luhan didn't reply. 


 

Author: Suprise!! Hehe So I found the laptop charger and wrote this for you guys! She hid it in her drawer .__.

But I have to do homework nows OTL.

Love you allllll~