Chapter 2

The Only Exception

Jongin started to the run water in the tub until it was filled. The bruises on Kyungsoo's body looked serious and he was going to try and get them healed. When the water was warm enough he turned off the pipe. Jongin then continued to help Kyungsoo take off his shirt. When his shirt was completely off, there were bruises along his arms as well. What human being would do this, Jongin thought to himself.

"I'm going to get you a towel and some clothes to put on.", Jongin said and he left the bathroom.

Kyungsoo looked at himself in the mirror and made a face. "Ah man, I look terrible". He touched his face and the bruises on his arms. He mad a sound of pain.

Jongin came back into the bathroom with some fresh clothes and a bath towel. 

"Take a bath and then get dressed.", he told Kyungsoo and handed him the items. Jongin walked to the other side of the bathroom to the medicine cabinet. He pulled out what seemed to be an ointment. "When you're done, I'll put this on you to speed up the process of healing your bruises. My umma sends me these because they work very well", he grinned. "So when you're finished, just meet me in the living room I guess", and with that, Jongin walked out. He soon came back to ask Kyungsoo a question.

"Are you hungry?", he asked.

Kyungsoo nodded and Jongin gave a small smile. 

"Alright."

Jongin closed the bathroom door and walked into the kitchen. The food he had bought was on the kitchen counter. He grabbed two plates and one glass from the cupboard and began to dish out the food for the both of them. He then walked to the fridge and took out some juice. He poured it into his glass and put it back into the fridge. Remembering that Kyungsoo might catch a cold, he put some water into his kettle and put it on the stove. He waited for the water to boil and grabbed a mug in the cupboard. When the water was done boiling, he made some tea for Kyungsoo.

Jongin heard the bathroom door open and saw Kyungsoo going towards the living room. He brought the food to the living room and gave Kyungsoo his plate and put his own on the table. 

"Thank you", Kyungsoo smiled for first time in front of Jongin.

He went into the kitchen again to get the tea he made and his glass of juice. He put his tea on the table and took a seat next to kyungsoo. They ate in silence, not that they'd talk while eating anyway. 

Jongin finished first and put his glass and plate in the sink. When he came back, Kyungsoo was done. He took his plate and put it into the sink as well. Kyungsoo began drinking his tea, warmth filling him on the inside. It tasted really good causing him to close his eyes as he drank.

"I-Is it good?", Jongin asked with a curved smile. He was satisfied with Kyungsoo's expression.

"Very", he replied. 

Kyungsoo sat the mug down when he was done and Jongin went to get the ointment. 

"Um...you have to take of your shirt again, sorry", Jongin said once he got back.

Kyungsoo nodded and slowly took of his shirt, trying to avoid the pain. He put his shirt on the couch and Jongin moved a little closer to him. Kyungoo's cheeks flushed pink at the sudden closeness. Jongin open the ointment and smeared it over his hands. He lightly smoothed the ointment along Kyungsoo's abdomen. He shifted under the feel of Jongin's fingers. When Jongin applied more pressure, Kyungsoo groaned in pain.

"I-I'm sorry. It'll end soon", Jongin said quietly.

Soon, he got used to the pressure Jongin applied. Jongin moved his hands all over his well toned stomach, massaging gently. He heard Kyungsoo make sounds of contentment. His face grew hot as he listened those sounds. He applied more ointment to his hands and massaged Kyungsoo's arms. He made circular movements up down his arms. He made sure he got all of the areas that were bruised and closed the ointment. Kyungsoo put his shirt back on and sat there, silent. 

"Thank you", Kyungsoo started, "for everything." He looked at Jongin for a second before turning away.

"But why?", Kyungsoo asked. Jongin looked up, with a confused expression.

"Why what?"

"Why did you take me in? Y-You said you don't normally do these things. Why was I an exception?", Kyungsoo asked, his voice slowly cracking.

Jongin wanted to know the answer to this question as well. He wasn't sure what compelled him to take care of Kyungsoo, he just did it.

"I don't know honestly", he said quietly and scratched the back of his neck. "I mean seeing you sitting there, lifeless, made me feel terrible. And I honestly wanted to know w-why you were out there, in the rain." Jongin said this with a heartfelt tone. 

Kyungsoo was quiet for a minute. He was fiddling with his fingers as Jongin spoke. 

"I guess I should tell you", Kyungsoo said, almost in-audible. 

He looked at Jongin who soon met his gaze.


 

Author: Omg omg okay, thank you sooooo much for the lovely comments. When I put this up, my heart was racing tbh. But you guys already give me the confidence to write more so I'm thankful <3 Hope you guys enjoy~