Chapter 22

The Only Exception

The next morning, Kyungsoo woke up sweating again. He sat up and adjusted to his surroundings as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead with the back of his hand. He kicked off the numerous blankets that were layered on top of him. He felt better than he did last night so he figured he must have sweated his fever off. He looked to his right and figured Kai had woken up early since he was no longer by his side. Thoughts of what happened last night was quickly going through his head and he immediately remembered what happened between him and Kai. He lifted his fingers and grazed them across his lips. He was blushing and his face was becoming hot again. Surely this fever isn't coming back, right? He shook those thoughts out of his head and smiled to himself. He couldn't believe that Kai had kissed him. He had to admit it was the best kiss be had ever had despite his condition. He moved his legs to the side of the bed and got up slowly to avoid another headache. He walked out of the bedroom and down the hall. He was going to go to the bathroom when a familiar smell when up his nostrils. Instead, he walked to the kitchen and saw Kai stirring something in a pot. He was too focused on what he was doing to notice Kyungsoo's presence. Kyungsoo walked quietly toward Kai and got on his tippy toes to reach the latter's ear.

"Good morning." Kyungsoo whispered and earned an inhumane noise from Kai. The spoon that was in his hand dropped violently on edge of the pot and Kai spun around, whipping his hand and hitting Kyungsoo in the face. He placed his hand over his chest and took in a deep breath.

"Holy , Kyungsoo. What the hell!?" Kai shouted rather loudly. He immediately calmed down when he heard Kyungsoo wincing in pain. The impact of Kai's slap made him stumble to the other side of the kitchen and the side of his face was red. Kai ran to him and quickly grabbed him and held him in his arms.

"Oww." Kyungsoo whined.

Kai led him to the living room and sat him down. 

"I-I'm sorry Kyungie, y-you scared the crap out of me." Kai moved Kyungsoo's hand that was rubbing his face too take a better look at it.

"S-Sorry." Kyungsoo said quietly with a pout.

"I'll get you an ice pack."

Kai got up and went to the kitchen. He opened the freezer, pulled out an ice pack and walked back into the living room. He sat next to Kyungsoo and held his chin in his hand to see the bruise once again. He lightly placed the ice pack on Kyungsoo's cheek and the latter whimpered at the contact of the coldness against his skin.

"I-I can't leave it on too long Kai." Kyungsoo whined.

"You can't take it off just yet Kyungie."

Kai stayed there and held the ice pack to Kyungsoo's face knowing that if he let go, he wouldn't keep the ice pack on his face. After about 10 minutes, Kai took the ice pack away from Kyungsoo's face. He sighed in relief when it was finally off of his face. 

"It feels numb." 

"Good. So you don't feel any more pain. The swelling has also gone down." Kai grinned.

"No. It still hurts." Kyungsoo pouted and rubbed his hand against his cheek.

"Well I don't know what else to do to make it better." Kai shrugged. Kyungsoo began smiling and Kai looked at him with a bewildered stare.

"I know what'll work!" Kyungsoo piped up. Kai continued to stare at him. Kyungsoo pouted because Kai wasn't catching on quick enough to his liking.

"What is it?" Kai asked, raising a brow.

"A...ki-....forget it." Kyungsoo said quietly and began to get up from the couch but Kai grabbed his arm and pulled him back down, making Kyungsoo fall into his lap. He opened his eyes widely in shock of Kai's sudden actions. Kai cupped Kyungsoo's chin in his hand and leaned into his face. He placed a soft, sweet kiss on Kyungsoo's cheek making the latter blush immediately.

"Better?" Kai asked and winked at him. Kyungsoo nodded shyly and turned his head away from Kai. He got off of Kai's lap and sat back onto the couch. Kai chuckled.

"Well, before you scared the crap out of me, and er...this....happened," Kai said pointing to Kyungsoo's cheek. "I was warming up some more soup for you."

"R-Really? I-I didn't know you had more."

"Yeah, made just enough incase you wanted more." Kai smiled. 

"Thank you Jonginnie~." Kyungsoo cooed. Kai rolled his eyes and got up from the couch. 

He proceeded to the kitchen and to his surprise, the soup was still hot. He poured some into a bowl for Kyungsoo and grabbed a spoon from the dish drainer. Kai had eaten already that morning so he wasn't hungry. Kai walked back into the living room and handed Kyungsoo the bowl of soup on a tray. Kyungsoo placed the tray in front of him but instead of eating, he looked up at Kai, who was now sitting on the couch once again.

"What? Y-You don't want it?" Kai's shoulders deflated a little.

"N-No....I-I...I just wanted.....you..." Kai smirked and moved closer to Kyungsoo. He grabbed the bowl and spoon and took some of the soup in it. He blew on it just enough and positioned in front of his lips. Kyungsoo beamed and opened his mouth, eating the soup happily.

"Such a baby." Kai mumbled.

"You know, I'm right here, idiot." Kai rolled his eyes and continued to feed baby Kyungsoo.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Kyungsoo and Kai were lazily watching television. It was a little into the afternoon and the two boys were getting dangerously bored. Kyungsoo wanted to go out but he feared Kai would refuse because he'd just recovered from a fever. He groaned in frustrastion and Kai gave him a confused look.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Kai rolled his eyes.

"People don't go, 'unnnghhh', for no reason." Kai chuckled. Kyungsoo, who was slouched on the couch sat up and looked Kai in the eyes.

"Let's go to the mall!"

"But Kyungie, you've just recovered from a fe-"

"I know!!" Kyungsoo yelled, startling Kai. "S-sorry. I-I knew you were going to say that s-so that's why I hesitated to ask. I-I just can't stand being bored Jonginnie~." He started whining which was Kai's new found weakness. He couldn't refuse Kyungsoo when he was like this. Kai thought for a bit before responding to Kyungsoo's request.

"Fine. Be dressed in 30." Kyungsoo jumped up and hugged Kai tightly. He ran to Kai's room and immediately began looking for something to wear. He's lucky he's cute. Soon after Kyungsoo left, Kai turned off the television and went to get dressed as well.

 

Kyungsoo grabbed his phone and walked toward the door to put on his shoes. Kai was still in his room gelling up his hair.

"C'mon Kai!" Kyungsoo yelled as he tied his shoe lace. Kai came soon after and stuffed his own phone into his pocket. When Kyungsoo looked up, he saw kai with his hair gelled and pushed back, exposing his forehead, to which Kyungsoo had to admit was beautiful. He didn't realize he was staring until Kai poked his cheek.

"You like?" Kai smirked. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and smiled. He waited for Kai to slip on his shoes before the both of them exited the apartment. 

Once they got settled into Kai's car, the had to decide which mall they'd be going to. Kyungsoo thought for a bit and just decided that they could go to myeongdong. Kai nodded in agreement and drove out into the busy street. During the ride, Kyungsoo was texting Suho and every now and then, he'd laugh out loud because of something he had said. Kai couldn't help but feel slightly jealous but he shrugged it off knowing he had nothing to worry about. He had kissed Kyungsoo after all. 

"We're here." Kai chirped and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Wah~ I haven't been here in a while." Kyungsoo sighed and smiled. He unbuckled his seatbelt and followed Kai out of the car. 

"Where do you wanna go first?" Kai asked.

"Um...the bank. I need to see how much is on my card." Kyungsoo said scratching the back of his neck. 

"Sure."

They both walked into the nearest bank and Kyungsoo went to check his account. He pushed his card in a pulled it out of the machine. He pushed in some buttons as Kai waited on the side for him. When Kyungsoo was done, he walked to Kai with a shocked expression.

"Y-You alright?"

"Y-Yeah....it's just...my dad is still putting money in my account. I have more money that I expected." Kyungsoo said with a frown. "I don't know what the hell he's up to."

"That's pretty.....uh...creepy." Kai said furrowing his eyebrows. Kyungsoo shrugged,

'Well, let's just go shopping!" Kyungsoo said and pulled Kai's arm.

Kyungsoo had dragged Kai to the nearest store that sold men's clothing. Kai was on the other side looking at some shirts and Kyungsoo was looking at pants. He was looking through the racks for some black jeans when he saw a figure approaching the rack he was currently at. He figured it was Kai so he paid him no mind. The figure stopped by Kyungsoo before speaking.

"Oh hello, Kyungsoo. What a pleasant surprise."

That is not Kai's voice.


A/N: Agsjdkflg Don't hurt me ;~; Drama is coming guys x3

Can you guys guess who  it is?~ 

I see you guys liked the first Kaisoo kiss x_x I'll try to add more fluff like that in the future but for now, expect drama!! <3

Here's some lovely Kaisoo:

tumblr_m7doxbhcuX1rtcg5go2_250.giftumblr_m7doxbhcuX1rtcg5go3_250.giftumblr_m7doxbhcuX1rtcg5go4_250.gif

Indirect kiss omfg omfg ;~;

Not my gifs!~

Cr: (http://kaisooner.tumblr.com/)