Chapter 14

The Only Exception

Kyungsoo was right. Kai did ask more questions, though he heard the hesitation in his voice. 

"W-What did she do?" Kai asked quietly.

Kyungsoo put his phone on the arm of the chair and looked up at Kai into his eyes and began to explain everything. 

"We started dating back in May of last year. I went away with my parents to Singapore for vacation for two weeks and I had told her I would be back. When I did, we spent the rest of the summer together and everything was fine. Something was starting to change when we got back to school in September though. She stop coming over because she claimed her grandmother was sick and she needed to spend as much time with her as possible. I completely understood her and didn't question the lack of time we spent together." Kyungsoo paused after that last sentence and looked away from Kai. He looked at the television that was already turned off instead.

"I spent the night at Chanyeol's house one weekend and we decided to go pick up Baekhyun and Suho to go walk by the Han-River that night. I was so excited to go since it would be my first time, at night at least." Kyungsoo let out a dry laugh. Kai continued to look at him while he spoke.

"We were walking and laughing because Chanyeol tripped on his own foot." he said chuckling, remembering that night. "But then I looked up and I saw.....Jia." he immediately stopped chuckling. 

Kai looked away from Kyungsoo, taking a guess inside his head as to what Kyungsoo had saw that night.

"She wasn't alone. In fact, she was walking hand in hand with the guy she was with. When I showed the guys, I asked them if I was dreaming or not. I really hoped at that moment that they'd say yes, but they didn't. I walked up faster to get a closer look even though they told me not to. I ignored them. I was a few feet away from them when he grabbed her a-and kissed her.....r-right in front of me."

A tear fell in Kyungsoo's palm. Kai could hear Kyungsoo's voice cracking as he spoke. He fixed his gaze on Kyungsoo before scooting closer him. Kyungsoo looked at Kai with watery eyes and clung onto Kai like his life depended on it. Kai wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist as the boy quietly sobbed into his chest. He made imaginary circles on his back trying to soothe the boy.

"It's okay now. She's not going to hurt you anymore." Kai whispered. It broke his heart to see Kyungsoo like this. Kai knew deep down he wanted to be the one to make Kyungsoo smile again. However, he had a hard time admitting it, to himself and Kyungsoo. The smaller boy's sobbing was dying down and Kai pulled back from Kyungsoo. He looked at Kai with doleful eyes as Kai looked back at him. Kai's hand reached for his face and swiped his thumb across his flustered cheeks and wiped the remaining tears away. Kyungsoo gave him a small smile and blushed. They stayed like that for a moment, enjoying each other's presence and staring at each other like nothing wrong would happen now. 

Kyungsoo's phone buzzed making him jump out of the trance he was in while staring at Kai, enjoying his features. Kai turned away and decided to put the television back on. His face was really hot so he got up to get a glass of water in the kitchen. Kyungsoo picked up his phone and saw that Suho had sent him a text. He completely forgot to text him earlier.

Text From: Suho 

Yah! Kyungsoo, why haven't you texted me~ T^T 

Kyungsoo giggled before replying.

Text To: Suho

 Sorry hyung :3 I was doing homework and then had to make dinner so I forgot. You're not mad right? ^^

Text From: Suho

Kekeke ani, sorry for getting impatient. I'll text you in the morning since it's getting late. Night Night! :D

 

Kai came back after his cheeks went back to it's normal temperature. He saw Kyungsoo smiling and his heart suddenly skipped a beat. Aish, he thought to himself.

"Glad to see you in a better mood." Kai said smiling and sitting on the couch next to Kyungsoo.

"Yeah, Suho kinda cheered me up when he just texted me." he said giggling. Kai felt a little pang in his chest. I can't be jealous, right?

"Only Suho?" Kai blurted out. He looked at Kyungsoo then looked away. Kyungsoo began laughing, making Kai's heart beat increase in speed.

"Not only Suho, silly!" he said poking Kai's cheek. Kai turned to look at him again and grinned. "You've been cheering me up since the first day I met you." Kyungsoo continued. They both began to blush, hoping that either of them didn't notice each other's flushed faces. 

"I'm really happy I met you Kai. I really don't know where I'd be without you." he got up and walked closer to Kai and hugged him, tight. As always, Kai wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist whenever he hugged him because it felt natural. It was as if his arms were meant to be in the place and only his arms. This hug, however, felt different from all of the others. Neither of them knew how to describe it just yet. 

Kyungsoo pulled back from the hug and looked at Kai. He stuck his arm out in front of him motioning for him for take it.

"It's really late. We should go to bed." Kai nodded as Kyungsoo dragged him to his room. 

When they got into the room, Kai plopped himself on the bed first. Kyungsoo followed soon after grabbing the covers and pulling it up to his chin. It was pretty warm but he could never sleep without covers. It made him feel safer. As silly as it sounds, that's how he felt. They were laying on the bed with their backs facing each other in silence.  Kai was slowly falling asleep when he felt a pair of arms wrap around him and his back pressed against someone's chest. He smiled with his eyes closed and placed his hands on top of those who were Kyungsoo's. They knew he didn't have to say anything. At this point, everything could move smoothly with or without words. Kai felt Kyungsoo's breath along his neck making him shiver a bit.

"Y-You alright?" Kyungsoo whispered.

"Perfect." is what Kai responded.

Simultaneously, they both smiled, even though they couldn't see each other's faces. 

And maybe I would be that person to make you smile, always, was Kai's last thought before drifting off to sleep.


A/N: Hai~~~ I made this one fluffy because there is never too much fluff, right? Hope it's not too short. I was getting writer's block but quickly got back on my feet.

x3 But guys

tumblr_m66gnxWyZf1rxu3hso2_1280.jpgtumblr_m66gnxWyZf1rxu3hso1_1280.jpg

Kaisoo is all too real in my heart. Lmao anyway, hope this chapter is okay ^^