Chapter 11

The Only Exception

The next morning, Kyungsoo opened his eyes slowly to adjust to the lighting. He looked at the window and the sun was still coming up. He slowly sat up and noticed a sleeping figure next to him. He then remembered that him and Kai slept in the same bed last night. He smiled and his cheeks began to turn pink at the thought. He looked at Kai's sleeping frame and moved his hand to move the hair away from his eyes. To his surprise, Kai awoke immediately to his touch. He quickly moved his hand away and turned his head.

"Good morning." Kyungsoo said quietly.

"Morning Kyungsoo-ah." Kai said, his voice groggily. sending chills down Kyungsoo's spine. 

Kyungsoo turned and got off of the bed and proceeded to walk to the bathroom to get ready for school. Kai did the same but he walked to the kitchen instead. 

"I'll make breakfast. How does toast and bacon sound?" Kai yelled from the kitchen.

"Good!" Kyungsoo yelled back, a bit muffled since he was brushing his teeth. 

 

Kyungsoo was ready in about 20 minutes when he walked out of the bedroom. He walked into the kitchen and saw that Kai wasn't there. He figured he was in the bathroom so he began to eat his breakfast. 

"Mmm." he hummed to himself as he ate a piece of bacon that Kai cooked.

When Kyungsoo walked to the sink to wash his dish, Kai came strolling in the kitchen and started to eat his breakfast. When Kyungsoo was done, he turned around and saw Kai munching away. God he looks good in that uniform, Kyungsoo thought and quickly walked out of the kitchen before he showed any signs of him blushing. He walked to Kai's room to pack his school things and brought the bag into the living room. Kai was already done eating and sitting on the couch with his phone in hand. He looked up at Kyungsoo when he walked in with his bag.

"Ready to go?" Kai asked, giving him a small smile.

"I'm....nervous but yeah I'm ready." 

"Don't be nervous," Kai told him getting up from the couch and walking towards him, "I'll be there too and during lunch, I'll find you to make sure everything's okay."

Kyungsoo couldn't help but smile at Kai's words. He nodded meekly and looked up at him. He knew he was older than Kai but he didn't mind Kai being protective of him. It was something he needed to feel after all that has happened to him. Kyungsoo peered at the clock in the Kitchen and it read 8:02 am.

"Kai, we have to leave or we'll be late." Kyungsoo said. Kai nodded and they got ready to walk out of the house.

 

When Kai pulled up in front of the school, Kyungsoo stepped out, looking at the familiar building. Kai got out as well and walked to where Kyungsoo was. 

"Come on, we have 5 minutes before the first bell rings."

They walked into the building and they saw girls staring at them both. They were giggling at them as they walked to their classes. Kai simply ignored the usual attention he received but Kyungsoo had to get used to it all over again. They were probably excited to see Kyungsoo come back to school after all this time. The first period bell rang when Kai got in front of his class.

"I'll see you later?" Kai asked Kyungsoo.

"Yeah."

They departed and Kyungsoo ran up the stairs to his classroom, not breaking a sweat. When he walked in, students who were already seated were looking at him. The teacher, Mr. Lee, was writing on the board when Kyungsoo walked to his desk. He turned around from the board and noticed a familiar face.

"Ah. Mr. Do, nice to see you again." Mr. Lee commented, smiling.

Kyungsoo simply bowed, hoping all the attention would subside by the end of the week. He pulled out his books and tried to focus on the math lesson being taught. After a few minutes of trying, Kyungsoo turned his gaze towards the window. He sighed and thought this is going to be a long day.

 

It was lunch time, and as promised, Kai was waiting outside of Kyungsoo's music class. Kai had physics but since his teacher was out sick, he was able to leave the class early to meet up with Kyungsoo before the bell for lunch rang. When Kyungsoo walked out and saw Kai, he smiled.

"How's your day so far?" Kai asked and they walked toward the cafeteria.

"Hm. Not bad. People kept asking me about my where abouts but I just told them to mind their business. It's getting annoying."

Kai nodded. "Don't worry. People will give up once they realize they aren't getting anything out of you."

Kai led Kyungsoo to the table that Luhan was sitting at once they got their food.. Luhan waved at them both and greeted them when they sat down. They were chatting, laughing, and eating when a girl with long brown hair walked towards the table. Luhan nor Kai knew who she was and figured she was just one of the girls who had a crush on them or something. However, she looked at Kyungsoo who looked back at her. His eyes grew wide when he realized who she was.

"Oh my, Kyungsoo! You're back!" she exclaimed bending down to hug Kyungsoo. He forced a smile and scratched the back of his head when he pulled away from the hug. 

"Uh, yeah. H-Hi Jia", Kyungsoo stammered, taking a glance at Luhan and Kai who were already staring and the two.


 

A/N: Not a long update :3 Mianhe.  I guess you guys are wondering who this "Jia" girl is right? Keke you'll find out soon~