Chapter 18

The Only Exception

"Why would Suho want to come here?" Kai asked Kyungsoo. He was a bit taken aback because Suho was coming to his house. He barely knew Suho and that just made things more confusing for Kai.

"He's worried because I didn't go to school today." Kyungsoo said. He groaned for the nth time and layed back down on the couch.

"He's just looking out for you Kyungie~" Kai teased. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes. It didn't really help that Kai was somehow agreeing to Suho's sudden visit. 

"I know but....h-he almost went to my dad's house to look for me."

Kai's eyes widened. Doesn't Suho know that your dad's a douche? Kai thought to himself.

"Why would he go there?!" Kai asked, raising one eyebrow. Kyungsoo sighed and sat back up. Kai walked over to the couch and sat down next to him. 

"He doesn't know about my dad." Kyungsoo said, his voice barely above a whisper. Kai looked at him in disbelief.

"A-Am I the only one who knows?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Are you going to tell him today?"

"I have to, otherwise he'll want to pay my dad a visit one day and if I say I don't want to, he'd go on his own either way. My dad had a different personality in front of him....in front of all of my friends actually."

Kai nodded his head after Kyungsoo spoke. He had his own opinion of Kyungsoo's father but he thought it was best no to express how he felt at the moment. In a matter of minutes, the door bell rang and Kyungsoo groaned once again. Kai chuckled.

"I've never heard someone groan as much as you do." Kai said as he got up to open the door.

When Kai opened the door, Suho's eyes widened in shock. He obviously didn't expect to see Kai here.

"Oh, uh sorry. Kyungsoo must haven't given me the wrong address." Suho said shyly. He looked at the text message on his phone and cursed Kyungsoo under his breath. Kai made out a little of what Suho said and began laughing. 

"No, no, this is the right address. Kyungsoo is here." Kai replied and stepped aside to let Suho in. 

Suho stepped in and took off his shoes and placed his backpack by the door. He followed Kai into the living room where he saw Kyungsoo laying there with his arm over his eyes. 

"I'll be in my room if you guys need anything." Kai said quiet enough for them to hear and disappeared into the hallway.

Suho nodded and walked to the couch where Kyungsoo currently was. He hadn't removed his arm from his face since Suho had arrived. 

"Yah, this isn't a way to treat your guest!" Suho joked as he sat on the couch, pushing Kyungsoo's legs out of the way so that he had room to sit. Kyungsoo sat up and looked straight ahead.

"Hey Suho." he said flatly.

"You didn't tell me Kai lived with you. Just how long have you known him?" Suho asked. He was getting more and more curious now. 

"Less than a week." Kyungsoo mumbled, hoping it was incoherent.

"What!? And you just let him into your home!? God Kyungsoo, if you needed a roommate, I was available." Suho said with a pout and a frown on his face. Kyungsoo sighed and placed his face in his hands.

"It's the other way around." Kyungsoo said.

Suho eyed Kyungsoo for a minute and before he could respond, Kai walked in the room.

"Erm, sorry if I'm interrupting anything but I'm going to buy lunch and I was wondering if anyone wanted anything."

"No, I'm good thanks." Suho said with a small smile.

"K-Kyungsoo?" 

"I'm not hungry." Kyungsoo replied, although a bit muffled since his face was now in his lap.

"Well alright. I'll be back in a bit." Kai left soon after. As soon as Suho heard the door close, he spoke up again.

"What did you mean it's the other way around, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo raised his head up and took a deep breath.

"It's a long story."

"it's only 3:20pm. I've got time."

"Alright. K-Kai was the one who took me in to his home about a week ago. He saw me c-crying in the park when it was raining and from that night, I've been l-living with him." Suho frowned.

"Kyungsoo....what were you doing in the rain....crying?" Suho asked.

"I had to get away from home."

"But why?"

"My dad started beating on me when my mom died." Kyungsoo whispered. Tears were threatening to fall from his eyes.

"W-What?" 

"He almost killed me, Suho. If I stayed, you'd probably never see me again."

Tears were welling up in Suho's eyes now. He was becoming fearful for Kyungsoo's life now. He grabbed Kyungsoo and hugged him.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you Kyung. I really am." Suho whispered. He was crying now.

"It's not your fault." Kyungsoo said pulling away from the hug and smiled weakly at him.

"God, I would have never expected that from him. He's ing crazy."

"He's a ing liar, too." Kyungsoo said crossing his arms against his chest.

"T-There's more?" Kyungsoo nodded.

"He's been cheating on my mom, hyung."

"W-What? Your mom did not deserve that. She was the sweetest thing." Suho said.

"Yea she was. My father didn't deserve her." Kyungsoo said. He was getting angry but he tried his best to keep calm. 

"H-How'd you know he's cheating?"

"A few days ago, Kai took me to my house to gather my things and when he got there, some was there. She told me she was with my father and that their anniversary was coming up. I wanted to strangle her right then and there. And my father sent me this." Kyungsoo reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He slid his thumb across the screen and opened his inbox. When he found the message he was looking for, he gave the phone to Suho. He took it and began reading.

When he had processed every word in the message, he raised his head slowly and turned to Kyungsoo.

"Holy Kyung. Is he serious? What the hell is wrong with him?" Kyungsoo sighed and shrugged his shoulders. He layed back down on the couch and put his hands on his face. The sound of a phone ringing made him sit up with great speed because he thought it was his phone. However, it was Suho's.

Suho looked at his phone before answering. "It's my mom." he mouthed.

"Hey mom." Suho answered the phone. "Alright, alright. I'll come now." Suho groaned and put his phone back into his pocket.

"Sorry, I gotta run. Mom's working late and I have to watch my brother." Suho rolled his eyes and handed Kyungsoo his phone.

"Oh, it's alright. Tell him I said hi." Kyungsoo said smiling.

Suho scoffed. "He likes you better than me anyway. Maybe you should keep him." Kyungsoo just chuckled at him. Suho got up and walked to the door.

"Text me when you get home!" Kyungsoo yelled behind him.

"Alright!" Suho replied as he put his shoes on. He grabbed his bag and swung it over his shoulder and unlocked the front door. When he opened it, Kai was walking up to the door with a bag in his hand. 

"Oh hey, leaving already?" Kai asked with a smile.

"Yea. Apparently my 10 year old brother needs to be watched over." Suho said rolling his eyes again. Kai just laughed a little.

"I'll see you later then. Bye!" Kai said and patted Suho on his back.

"Later." he said and walked away.

Kai closed the door and locked it. He took his shoes off and walked into the kitchen and placed the bag down on the counter. He walked into the living room and saw Kyungsoo laying lifeless on the couch. He crept by him and poked his stomach making Kyungsoo squirm. 

"Kyungie~ I brought you food~" Kai said, still poking his stomach.

"I told you wasn't hungry."

"But it's Kung Pao." Kai whined and poured.  Kyungsoo just look at him, refusing to fall for Kai's antics.

"Come on Kyungie~ I'll tickle you if you don't come and eat." Kai said and smirked. 

"You wouldn't dare." Kyungsoo said, glaring at Kai.

In a matter of seconds, Kai was running his fingers down Kyungsoo's sides. The latter was wiggling and screaming for Kai to stop. He couldn't contain his laughter.

"O...Kay...Kai!! S-Stop it!! I...will....e-eat!" Kyungso pleaded. Kai smiled widely at his success as he pulled Kyungsoo off the couch and into he kitchen.


A/N: I just want to thank you lovely people for wishing me happy birthday <3 Saranghae~ I updated again just because I didn't want you guys to wait to long ^^ I wrote this chappie on my iPod so I hope there isn't a lot of mistakes. Anywho, enjoy! ~