Chapter 19

The Only Exception

Kai was rummaging through his closet trying to find something to wear for tonight. He promised Luhan he'd take him somewhere today and he refused to let him down. He wanted to make up for quality time he had missed with Luhan and he really missed spending time with his best friend. Kyungsoo was laying down on Kai's bed with a massive headache. The talk he had with Suho had thoughts flowing all through his brain and he was just getting frustrated as time passed. Soon after he ate the food Kai bought for them, his head was pounding. He didn't want to move at all. He was currently watching Kai become agitated with himself because he couldn't decide what to wear.

"Kai, anything you wear is fine. You're making my head hurt more with all the noise you're making." Kyungsoo groaned with his hands on his head. You could wear anything and still look perfect.

"Sorry Kyungie, I'll get you another aspirin." Kai said and dropped the clothes in his hands to go to the kitchen. 

"Thanks." Kyungsoo mumbled. He was thankful Kai left the room so he wouldn't see his flushed cheeks. 

Kai quickly returned with the aspirin and a glass of water. He sat on the edge of the bed next to Kyungsoo and gave him the aspirin and water. He consumed them both and handed the glass back to Kai, who placed the glass on the night stand next to the bed. Kai got up and walked back to the closet to look for something to wear once again.

"Kai, why don't you wear that?" Kyungsoo suggested as he pointed to a grey v-neck and a paid of black jeans that were hanging on the side of the closet.

"You sure?" Kyungsoo nodded is head.

Kai went to where the clothes that Kyungsoo pointed to were. He took of his shirt, making Kyungsoo's eyes go wide. Kai wasn't looking at him to see his stunned expression. Kai slipped on the grey shirt and began to unbuckle the belt of his pants soon after. Kyungsoo couldn't take his eyes off of Kai even if he wanted to. Kai slipped off his pants, leaving him in his boxers, and grabbed the pair of black jeans. He slid them on and Kyungsoo was intrigued at how the pants fit him so perfectly. Kyungsoo watched with his mouth hung open and his mind in the gutter. Once Kai had fixed himself to his liking, he turned around and noticed Kyungsoo's expression. He smirked and walked closer to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo immediately came back to life and turned his head away from Kai. The latter stood in front of him with his hands to his side. 

"So, how does it look?" he asked, waiting for Kyungsoo to turn his gaze back to him.

"Good." Kyungsoo replied without looking at him.

"Well, good isn't good enough. I'm going to find something bett-" Kai started to go back towards his closet.

"No! I-It's perfect." Kyungsoo suddenly blurted out. Kai turned back around and grinned at Kyungsoo. The latter just blushed as he always did. He just couldn't help it.

"Thanks for helping me Kyungie~." Kai cooed and walked towards the bed again. He bent down and gave him a small hug. "I'll be back later tonight. Don't stay up too late." 

"I was so sure I was the older one." Kyungsoo said with a small smile. Kai just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Bye Kyungie~." With that, Kai had left the room. Kyungsoo just rolled over on his stomach and tried to get some rest in. The way his heart was pounding wasn't helping his headache at all. I hope this aspirin works soon. In a matter of minutes, Kyungsoo was drifting off to sleep. 

 

Kai walked to the living room to grab his phone. He noticed Luhan hadn't texted him yet so he decided to give him a call. He punched Luhan's number in and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Luhan answered.

"I hope your ready because I'm coming to get you in 20 minutes." Kai said.

"Yeah I am. I just need to find some shoes."

"Alright, make sure you look cute for me." Kai joked and erupted in laughter as he walked to the front door.

"Oh shut up. If I'm going to look cute, it's going to be for me and for me only." Luhan said and hung up before Kai could even respond. Kai rolled his eyes and chuckled as he closed the front door and made his way out of the building.

 

Kai parked his car in front of Luhan's house. He pulled out his phone and dialed Luhan's number before putting it to his ear. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Lulu~, I'm outside."

Luhan came strolling out of his house in a white cardigan with red stripes, a white v-neck, blue jeans, and converses. When he made it to Kai's car, he pulled the door and sat in the passenger seat. 

"Well someone looks nice." Kai said while moving his hand to touch Luhan's sweater but the latter quickly smacked his hand.

"No touching. As I said, I'm looking good for myself." Luhan said rolling his eyes.

"You're sassy."

"Whatever. Where are we going anyway?"

"Oh, you'll see. You'll love it." Luhan began grinning, his eye smile becoming visible.

Kai the engine again and pulled out of the parking space he was in and drove off. Luhan was staring out of the window the whole ride trying to guess where Kai was taking him but the route was unfamiliar. He was getting more and more curious as time passed. 


A/N: omfg I'm so sorry for the late update ;~; I know it's short but I kind of got writers block and then I kept getting distracted by tumblr. I fail tbh