Chapter 26

The Only Exception

Kyungsoo and Kai gazed at each other with heavy lidded eyes. Kyungsoo couldn't help himself but lean in to kiss Kai again. His lips met the latter's and held Kai close to his body. Kai wrapped his arms tighter around Kyungsoo's waist as their lips moved together. He was in heaven whenever he kissed Kyungsoo. His lips were so soft and just perfect against his. It wasn't long before they pulled back again, gasping for air. Kai pressed their foreheads together and stared into Kyungsoo's eyes, their breaths ghosting over each others swollen and bruised lips. Kai his lips and smirked when he noticed how red Kyungsoo's cheeks were. He gave him a quick peck on his lips to Kyungsoo's surprise and just smiled at him.

"I'll make us dinner. What would you like?" Kai asked in a low whisper.

"Anything is fine. Don't hesitate to call me when you're struggling, which is likely." Kyungsoo chuckled and Kai did the same before releasing his grip around his waist. Kyungsoo removed his arms from around Kai's neck and slumped down into the bed. He watched as Kai turned around and left him in the room alone.

Before Kai came in the room to settle everything between him and Kyungsoo, the latter was texting Suho about his frustrations. He was really upset about seeing Kai and Luhan together because he thought that maybe, just maybe, Kai felt something for Kyungsoo the same way he felt something for Kai. After their first kiss, he couldn't stop thinking about Kai. From the first day he met Kai, he took his breath away. What shocked him even more was when Kai told him he never usually took random strangers into his home and that alone kept circulating his mind. He'd only ask himself, why me? Why was I an exception? Kyungsoo realized that it didn't matter why Kai took him in, he's just happy he did.

Kyungsoo took his phone in his hands that he had put next to him earlier. He saw he had a new text from Suho and swiped his thump across the screen to reply to him.

Text From: Suho

Kyung, you seem really upset about this Kai and Luhan thing. Do you happen to....like him?

Kyungsoo had previously told him what happened back at school. He knew he lied before and told Suho that he hadn't seen Kai but in reality he did. He just let it all out after he complained about being locked out but Suho reasoned that maybe Kai had something to do after school and that's when Kyungsoo exploded. So now that Suho is sending him this text, he's realized how obvious he has become.

Text To: Suho

Am I really obvious hyung? T_T

Text From: Suho

I've seen the way you looked at him and you're getting pretty jealous now. :p

Text To: Suho

I am not jealous! :(

Text From: Suho

Lmao you are. So am I right?

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. He refused to believe that he was jealous of Luhan. Am I jealous?

Text To: Suho

I don't know...Hyung, I just can't stop thinking about him.

Text From: Suho

I knew it! :D Anyway, maybe you should tell Kai how you feel.

Text To: Suho

I did.....

Suho replied to Kyungsoo's text faster than he had expected. He knew Suho was freaking out right now.

Text From: Suho

asdfghjklkjhghj What'd he say!?!?! Omg Kyungsoo you should've told me this first. When!?

Kyungsoo chuckled before replying.

Text To: Suho

When he came home, he told me how he felt about me and then....we kissed again. 

Text From: Suho

WHAT!??? Kyungsoo call me right now!!

Kyungsoo busted into a fit of laughter. He knew Suho would react like this and this gave him more reasons to feel comfortable telling his hyung everything. He always made it less difficult when it comes to expressing his feelings. Before Kyungsoo could even begin to dial Suho's phone number, his cell phone was already ringing. He answered it while he began laughing.

"H-Hello hyung." Kyungsoo said in between laughs.

"Oh My GOD! KYUNGSOO! You should have told me earlier! What the hell!? And what do you man by again!? What again!? Kyungsoo you be-" Suho was yelling on the other line.

"Hyung! Calm down!" Kyungsoo shouted but not too loud so that Kai couldn't hear him. 

"Okay, okay. I'm calm." Suho said in a more relaxed tone. Kyungsoo smiled before continuing.

"The other night when I was sick, Kai cooked me soup and when he was done feeding me, he embraced me because I was shivering-" As usual, Suho being over excited cut Kyungsoo off.

"You guys are so freaking cute! Kyungsoo tell-"

"Hyung! I'm not done!" Kyungsoo said and pouted even though Suho couldn't see him.

"Sorry." Suho mumbled.

"Okay. As I said, he embraced me and you know how I always feel guilty about everything?"

"Mhm."

"Well I ended up blabbering about being a burden on Kai but...he said that I wasn't. He told me things opposite of how I was feeling. And then....we kissed." Kyungsoo said the last part quietly. 

"I can't believe you're telling me this now!! I'm so happy for you! I knew you liked him. But I'm still keeping my eye of him. Are you guys....you know...in a relationship now?"

"I-I don't...know. It wasn't really confirmed. I don't know."

"Oh. I see. Do you want....to be in a relationship with him?" Kyungsoo's cheeks began burning at the thought of being in a relationship with Kai. He felt his heart thumping every time he thought of Kai. 

"I really...don't know. I don't know if I can fully trust him even though he's told me he wouldn't hurt me. After Jia hurt me, it's hard to trust anyone again." Kyungsoo began to think about his relationship with Jia. He had to refrain tears from falling from his eyes because he didn't want to cry again, especially because of her.

"I know it's hard Kyung. You can't even trust your father anymore. Just take it slow and don't rush, okay. I'm sure Kai will understand." Kyungsoo smiled a bit to himself.  

"Thanks hyung-" Before Kyungsoo could continue speaking, he heard a loud crash that seemed to have come from the kitchen. He let a loud sigh and rolled his eyes. "Hyung, I got to go before Kai sets the kitchen on fire or something." 

Suho chuckled. "Okay. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, later." Kyungsoo ended the call and threw his phone on the other side of the bed. He quickly got up and ran out the bedroom door to the kitchen. When he got to the kitchen, he saw a pot of what seemed to be pasta boiling over on the stove and a cutting board with chopped vegetables laying on the floor. Kyungsoo stood there, shock written all over his face. He put his face in his palms and let out a loud groan as he flung his head back. He took his face out of his hand as he heard Kai wincing at the other side of the kitchen.

Kyungsoo ran in the kitchen and quickly turned off the stove. He walked towards Kai, avoiding the knife, cutting board, and chopped vegetables on the floor. Kai held his left hand with his right, focusing on the blood that was oozing out of his index finger. Kyungsoo held him by his arm and pulled him into the living room so he could treat Kai's wound. Kai sat down on the couch, whimpering because the cut hurt so much. Kyungsoo left him there and went into the bathroom to retrieve the first-aid kit. He went back into the living room and sat down on the couch next to Kai and gently grabbed his hand.

"Kai, why didn't you call me before all of this happened?" Kyungsoo asked quietly but he already knew the answer. He took an alcohol prep pad that he had opened and lightly began to wipe Kai's bleeding finger with it. Kai pulled his hand back quickly and let out a yelp.

"That hurts!" Kai whined. 

"I'm sorry. Just relax and I'll make it quick." Kai nodded and Kyungsoo reached to hold his hand again. He wiped the cut again but Kai didn't pull away, he just whimpered. Kyungsoo took out a bandaid and wrapped it around Kai's finger and smiled.

"Not so bad, right?" Kyungsoo cooed. 

"It still hurts." Kai pouted. Kyungsoo looked at him and knew what was going through Kai's mind.

"Yeah, and I'm the baby." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and kissed Kai's finger. "Better?" Kai nodded frantically and gave Kyungsoo a cheeky smile.

"You should have just called me you know." Kyungsoo said as he shook his head.

"I wanted to do it by myself. I don't know how to cook anything other than breakfast and my mom's soup." Kai pouted and Kyungsoo chuckled at him.

"It's okay. I think it's better that you hurt your pride instead of your finger, seeing that you cry over a little cut from a knife."

"It wasn't little!" Kai began frowning. Kyungsoo couldn't hold back his laughter and how adorable Kai was being.

"Okay, okay. I'll make the kimchi spaghetti and you just sit here and watch t.v." Kyungsoo said as he closed the first aid kit. He got up and was about to leave when Kai began to protest.

"I want to do it. My finger is fine."

"I'd rather not risk it. Just sit here and I'll cook." Ignoring any further protest from Kai, Kyungsoo brought the first-aid kit back into the bathroom and went back into the kitchen to make the dinner Kai failed to make.

Kyungsoo started by picking up the knife and cutting board that fell on the ground and grabbed a broom to sweep up the chopped food on the ground. Once he was finished doing that, he took a look at the pasta that was on the stove. 

"At least it didn't burn. It'll do." Kyungsoo mumbled to himself. He went to the sink to wash his hands. He grabbed the cutting board and knife from the counter and began washing that as well. He placed both of the items back on the counter and went into the fridge to grab the ingredients need for dinner. In a matter of minutes, Kyungsoo was chopping and cooking diligently like he always does.

Kyungsoo put the pasta to cook with the kimchi now and he was standing in front of the stove just waiting for the food to cook. It would take about 5 more minutes before it would be done. He walked to the counter and leaned against it as he waited, fiddling with his fingers. Kai, who couldn't take sitting in front of the t.v. too long without getting bored, walked into the kitchen quietly and he saw Kyungsoo's back turned to him and he leaned against the counter. He noticed that the pot of food looked about done so he went and turned the fire off. Kyungsoo still hadn't noticed Kai's presence in the kitchen because he had a hangnail that he was trying to get rid of. Kai chuckled quietly to himself and walked behind Kyungsoo and wrapped his arms around his waist, bag hugging the latter. Kyungsoo jumped at the sudden contact and whipped his head to see who was holding him. Kai chuckled and continued to hold him.

"Relax, it's just me Kyungie." Kai whispered in Kyungsoo's ear, sending shivers down his spine,

"Y-You startled me, Jonginnie." Kyungsoo said quietly and pouted.

"I'm sorry." Kai whispered once again. He moved his head to align his lips with the side of Kyungsoo's neck. He the skin and kissed it, on it a bit before pecking that spot again. Kyungsoo closed his eyes and moaned but quickly opened his eyes covered his mouth with his hands when he realized what had come out of his mouth. Kai chuckled, his hot breath against Kyungsoo's neck. "Do you forgive me?" Kai asked in a husky tone.

"Mhm." Kyungsoo nearly moaned again but was able to stop himself. Kai moved his head to the other side of Kyungsoo's neck and it as he did to the other side. He on it then pecked it as well. Kyungsoo bit his lip but then he suddenly realized that he hadn't turned off the food.

"M-My pasta-" Kyungsoo moaned.

"I turned it off already." Kai whispered as he continued to place kisses along Kyungsoo's neck. Kyungsoo's breath hitched. He let out a sigh and bit his lip again.

"Mhm, t-then shouldn't we eat." Kyungsoo was having a hard time containing his moans.

"Yeah." Kai breathed. He kissed Kyungsoo's neck one last time before releasing his grip from around Kyungsoo's waist. The latter turned around to face Kai, his face flushed. Kai was smirking down at him. Kyungsoo's cheeks were a million shades of red and he quickly moved to the cupboard to grab two plates. He dished out Kai's food first and gave handed him his plate. Kai smiled and bent down to kiss Kyungsoo's cheek.

"Thanks for dinner." He said after he kissed him and walked out of the kitchen with a grin on his face. Kyungsoo felt his knees go weak so he held onto the counter for support. His heart beat was racing and his breathing was uneven. I just might get used to this. 


A/N: Omg, you guys probably hate me. I know, I updated later than I intended to but JFC tumblr is consuming my well being. ;~; I hope you guys like this chapter though ^^

OMFG 200+ Subs!?! I LOVE YOU GUYS! <3

tumblr_m6nvr0YxjR1rs97fco1_500.gif