Chapter 8

The Only Exception

The woman looked at Kyungsoo then at Kai before answering. "I'm Jungmin's girlfriend. Now tell me who you are before I call the police."

Kyungsoo's jaw dropped. He glared at the woman standing before him and scoffed. He couldn't believe his father.

"Look to your left." Kyungsoo replied.

He was referring to the picture of him hanging on the wall when he was younger. She looked at it and then back at Kyungsoo. She rolled her eyes and proceeded to walk towards Kyungsoo.

"So you're the little rat that couldn't protect their own mother?" She said with one eyebrow raising. Kyungsoo was now pissed off. It took everything in him not to punch her in but he couldn't.

"W-What?",was all Kyungsoo could say. The hate for his father was increasing. How he could say that about me? he thought to himself. The woman her heel and went to pick up the phone she had dropped.

Kai let go of Kyungsoo's arm and walked up to her. Kyungsoo tried to stop him but he was walking too fast. Kai couldn't hold in the anger he was feeling because of what she had said to Kyungsoo. 

"Yah!", he yelled at her. She turned around startled by the deep voice. "Listen, we're not going to be here long so stay out of our way. And don't even think about telling Jungmin that his son came by."

"What are you going to do if I do?", she retorted.

"W-Wait", Kyungsoo said before Kai could reply. He walked towards them. "How long have you been seeing my father?"

A smile crept on the woman's face. "5 months. It'll be 6 next week."

Kyungsoo had to stop the tears the were threatening to fall once he thought about his mother. How his father could do something like that to her. He refused to say anything to her after that and ran upstairs to his room to start gathering his things.

"Consider yourself warned", Kai spat before running after Kyungsoo. She rolled her eyes and went back into the kitchen. Why did Jungmin have to leave his phone? she thought to herself. 

 

When Kai got upstairs, he saw Kyungsoo sitting on his bed crying. He hadn't seen him cry like this since the first day he had met him. He ran and sat next to him and embraced him. He held him tight and Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Kai's waist, sobbing into his chest. Kai had his chin on top of his head, rubbing small circles on Kyungsoo's back. After a few minutes of hearing Kyungsoo's sobbing stop, he pulled back and placed his hands on his shoulders.

"We need to get your things as fast as possible. I don't know what the that woman is planning but I know she's no good", Kai whispered.

Kyungsoo nodded and got up from the bed. He walked to his closet and pulled out a couple of duffel bags. Kai grabbed one and started to put clothes from Kyungsoo's drawer into the bag. Kyungsoo did that same with his closet. He neatly folded his uniforms that were hanging in the closet and put them into the bag. Once they were done with his clothes, they packed his shoes. Kyungsoo remembered that he still had to retrieve his school backpack with his work so he grabbed that as well. Everything was settled by the door and they looked around to see they were missing anything. Kyungsoo looked at his desk and saw his laptop and iPod sitting there. He immediately grabbed it and put it into his computer case. He sighed and nodded to himself.

"You ready?", Kai asked him.

"Yeah."

They grabbed all the bags and walked out the room. Kyungsoo shut the door and followed Kai downstairs. The woman was sitting on the couch watching television when she turned her head to see what they were doing. 

"What do you think you're doing?", she said. 

"I said stay out of our way right? Do as your told and I won't have to do something I'd regret." Kai stated and walked out of the door. This was a new side of Kai that Kyungsoo had seen. For some reason, he liked it. He liked it a lot. Kyungsoo followed behind Kai and slammed the door making the woman jump. She rolled her eyes and continued to watch t.v. I can't wait till Jungmin comes home, she thought and giggled to herself.

Kyungsoo and Kai walked to the rear of the car. Kai unlocked the trunk and opened it. They placed the bags inside and then closed it. Kai walked to the drivier's side and Kyungsoo walked to the passenger side. Once they were settled in Kyungsoo spoke.

"To think my father acted to innocent." Kyungsoo laughed dryly. "I don't even care about his existance anymore. I just want to leave."

Kai nodded and started the engine. They drove back to his apartment in silence. 


 

Author: Hehe some of you guys guess right! Kyungsoo's dad was cheating ;~;

He's a terrible man. I hope you guys like this chap even though it isn't as long as I hoped.

Thanks for commenting and subbing <3