Chapter 15

The Only Exception

The sunlight was enough to stir both boys awake. Kai opened his eyes but closed them right after. Kai's eyes was still shut closed but he was very much awake. He wanted to savor the moment of having Kyungsoo's arm wrapped around his waist. Kyungsoo squinted trying to adjust to the light in the room. He peered at the alarm clock on the side table and read that it was only 6am. They still had 30 minutes left to sleep before it would ring. It wasn't normal for Kai to be up this early, he's always the last to wake up. He groaned when he felt Kyungsoo's arms leave his waist. He didn't know Kyungsoo was only moving to turn the alarm off so it wouldn't ring. In a matter of seconds, Kyungsoo's arms were right back at Kai's waist and he let out a breath of relief. Kyungsoo laid comfortable behind Kai, his face in the crook of his neck. 

"Good morning." Kai whispered, his eyes still closed. He was breathing calmly. Usually, his heart felt like it would jump out of his chest but the feeling of Kyungsoo's breath against his neck was soothing. 

"Good Morning Kai."

They didn't say anything after that. They stayed there for 30 minutes appreciating each others body heat. Kyungsoo, as usual, was the first to get out of the bed as he went to begin his daily routine. Kai just rolls onto his back and opens his eyes. He stretches his limbs and just lays there before getting up to get ready himself. 

 

They arrive to school on time but it's not a pleasant sight when they step through the front doors, for Kyungsoo at least. Kai went to look for Luhan because he hadn't seen him since lunch yesterday and he didn't text him. Jia is by the entrance chatting with her friends when he sees her. Don't talk to me, is all Kyungsoo can say in his head over and over again. However, he isn't that lucky of a person. Jia sees him and straightens up, patting her hair down and looked at her friends for reassurance before she strolls next to Kyungsoo, who picked up his pace the moment he walked into the building. 

"Kyungsoo, we have to talk." Jia says to him, hoping he'd hear her out.

"No we don't." he says quietly.

"Can you even take the time to listen to me first?" she pleaded. Kyungsoo stops abruptly, loosing all the patience he has. He doesn't want to make a seen in the middle of the hallway so he pulls her arm and drags her to a far corner in the hall that is soon becoming crowded since the first period bell is going to ring any minute. 

"Why do you think I would ever let you explain, or should I say, make excuses, for something so heartless and pathetic? Jia, I don't want anything to do with you. I don't want your friendship because in the process of it all, you're still a liar. I forgive you only because it's in my nature. My forgiveness doesn't mean I trust you like I did when I first fell in love with you." She stood there, frozen by Kyungsoo's words. She didn't expect this, at all. 

"Just....stay away from me." he lastly said and Kyungsoo was saved by the bell as he walked away from her. She just stood there, tears falling from her eyes. Her friends had witnessed the whole conversation and judging by Kyungsoo's expression when he walked off, it wasn't a good one. They walked up to her and comforted her, walking her to class.

 

Lunch came quickly and Kyungsoo was with Suho today. He hadn't seen Kai all day and he didn't really feel like looking for him either. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were also there since Chanyeol had gotten better. 

"Kyung, you're rather quiet. I haven't seen you in, what, 2 weeks, and you don't even speak to me." Chanyeol pouted before taking a bite of his sandwich. Kyungsoo smiled weakly.

"Sorry. I just had to deal with something this morning." he said. They looked at him with concerned expressions.

"What happened?" Baekhyun was the first to ask. Kyungsoo sighed.

"Jia tried to....talk to me about....what happened. It's fricken March and she won't stop trying to explain herself." They all nodded.

"W-What'd you tell her?" Suho asked.

"I told her to leave me alone....and that I forgave her." Chanyeol choked on the piece of bread he was chewing. Baekhyun and Suho looked at Kyungsoo, shocked.

"What the hell do you mean you forgave her? She hurt you Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun nearly yelled, earning some stares from people sitting at the table near by. He glared at them before they turned around and went back to minding their business.

"I-It's not like I said I wanted her back! I told her I didn't trust her and I didn't want to be friends either." Kyungsoo defended.

Baekhyun sighed in relief. Out of all of Kyungsoo's friends, he hated Jia the most, before she and Kyungsoo were dating. Freshmen year, she and her friends made fun of Baekhyun for months.  One day during their lunch period, she completely embarrassed him by squirting  strawberry milk on the front of his pants because "they weren't her style". That's the excuse she had given Baekhyun when he screamed at her and asked her reason for doing it. She'd stop bothering him after he decided to tell the principal, who gave her a stern warning about her actions. From then on, Baekhyun hated her. 

Kyungsoo pulled out his phone to check the time when Baekhyun and Chanyeol eyed the device in his hands. They knew he wasn't using it but they didn't know when he started using it again. 

"When did you plan on telling us you started using your phone again?" Chanyeol asked accusingly. Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly.

"Today...." Chanyeol shook his head. 

"I expect you to text me like old times. Baekhyun is a boring texter." he said.

"You don't complain when you're always texting me dir-"

"I think you'd like to keep those..um...details to yourself." Suho cut Baekhyun off before he could continue his rather informative sentence. Chanyeol chuckled but stopped when he received a smack at the back of his head from Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo put his phone away in his pocket and looked up. His eyes glanced around the lunch room and he spotted Kai, who was walking to their table. Suho looked at Kyungsoo's eyes before looking in the direction he was looking at. Kai stopped in front of their table.

"Hey Suho." he greeted him first. Suho smiled and waved.

"Sorry for leaving you with Jia this morning." he said to Kyungsoo, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, it's alright. I was fine." Kyungsoo said smiling.

"Okay then. I'll see you after school then." he said with a smirk before walking away from the table.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were both confused at this point. 

"Who was he?" they asked in unison. 

"Um..." Kyungsoo hesitated. Neither of them knew what happened between him and his father. "He's a friend of mine."

"How'd you meet him?" Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo silently cursed Chanyeol for asking so many questions.

"We met...at a park." They didn't ask any questions after that. Suho, however, had something he was itching to say.

"K-Kyungsoo, when he walked over......your eyes were dilated." Suho said matter-of-factly. Kyungsoo looked at him, his eyes wide, before he shot his head down. He knew he would begin to blush any minute.

"I-I have to g-go." Kyungsoo stammered before running out of the lunch room.

Am I that obvious?


 

A/N: Updated as promised!! <3 <3 <3 If I can, I'll update tonight, if my mom isn't pestering me at least x3

Thank you for all the lovely comments guise!!! -muah-

Here's some Kaisoo:

tumblr_m63ia8FFpy1qal6qmo2_250.giftumblr_m63ia8FFpy1qal6qmo1_250.gif

(Cr: http://mistar.tumblr.com/post/25747227921/kaisoo-in-angel)