Chapter 13

The Only Exception

The two teenagers stepped out of the car and walked to the front door of the ice cream parlor. Kyungsoo stepped in first and Kai followed him behind. He walked straight to the line that wasn't too long making Kyungsoo a relieved and happy boy. Kai watched as Kyungsoo's face lit up the moment they got in the ice cream parlor. He must love ice cream Kai thought to himself and he began smiling. In a matter of minutes, it was Kyungsoo's turn to order. 

"Hello. What can I get you?" the lady behind the counter asked.

"Cookies and cream for him," he pointed to Kai, "and rocky road for me." Kyungsoo said smiling widely.

"No problem." she said.

She calculated the price and Kyungsoo handed her the money. She then went to scoop up each of their ice creams in a cone and handed it to them. They told her thank you and Kyungsoo led Kai to a booth that was located in the back. Kai and Kyungsoo sat across from each other. When Kai took a bite of his ice cream, Kyungsoo waited for his reaction. He had told Kai to drive him to this specific ice cream parlor because it had always been his favorite. Kai took a bite and his eyes immediately lit up. The taste of the cookies and cream ice cream had his taste buds doing back flips.

"Is it good?" Kyungsoo asked smiling widely.

"Remind me to come here often okay?" Kai said, devouring his ice cream.

Kyungsoo giggled at the sight and began to eat his ice cream. When he tasted it, it was as if it was the first time he had came here for ice cream. It brought back memories that he had had with his mother. At the thought, he looked down and slowly ate his ice cream. 

"Are you okay Kyungsoo-ah?" Kai asked, noticing his faltering expression.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. It's just my mom took me here when I was younger." he said smiling weakly.

Kai didn't know how to respond so he just nodded and continued to eat his ice cream. Kyungsoo looked at how messily Kai was eating and he chuckled. Kai didn't notice Kyungsoo looking at him because he was too hooked on the ice cream. It looked as if Kai hadn't eaten in days. He looked up from his ice cream noticing Kyungsoo laughing at him. 

"What?" he asked oblivious to the ice cream at the side of his lips. 

Kyungsoo leaned in closer to Kai and brought his hand to his face. He swiped his thumb across Kai's lips to remove the excess ice cream that was there. Kai was blushing at the fact that Kyungsoo touched his lips.

"Y-You had, um, ice cream on your lips." Kyungsoo said looking away because he was blushing too.

"T-Thanks." Kai replied. He wasn't sure why he was stuttering but he couldn't help it when he was around Kyungsoo. 

"You eat like a little kid." Kyungsoo remarked.

"Hey! It's not my fault! It's so good!." Kai exclaimed. Kyungsoo jus giggled at how cute Kai was being. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyungsoo and Kai got home at around 6pm. They had spent an hour at the ice cream parlor talking and Kai had complained about wanting another ice cream cone but Kyungsoo kept telling him no. In the end, Kai didn't get his ice cream cone so he was a bit sulky on the way home. He eventually got over it when Kyungsoo decided to make dinner for them after he had completed his homework.

"What shall I cook?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I really liked your Kimchi spaghetti~" Kai singsonged. Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Alrighty then." 

Kyungsoo went into Kai's bedroom to look for his cell phone that he hadn't used in months. He promised Suho to text him so he went looking for it. He looked in one of his bags that had his laptop in it and found his phone. He grabbed the charger as well and walked out of the room with both items. He walked into the living room where Kai was busy watching television.

"Can you charge this for me?" Kyungsoo asked. Kai nodded and took the items from Kyungsoo and plugged it into the near by outlet. Kyungsoo left the room and walked into the kitchen to prepare dinner.

 

Kyungsoo and Kai had just finshed eating and Kai was plopped on the couch groaning.

"I'm so full." he groaned for the nth time. Kyungsoo shook his head and smiled.

He got up and grabbed his phone from the charger to see it was fully charged. He walked back to the couch and unlocked his phone. He had many messages from the time he decided to keep his phone off before. Some were from Suho, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun. He continued to scroll and saw he had 3 texts from Jia. He scoffed and open them.

Texts From: Jia

Kyungsoo. I know we haven't talked in a while but I'm worried about you.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and clicked open the other messages. 

Texts From: Jia

I didn't know you held grudges for this long. I still want to be friends. 

Texts From: Jia

You're hurting my feelings Kyungsoo oppa. ;~;

Kyungsoo couldn't believe Jia. Does she honestly think I will forgive her for what she had done to me? Kyungsoo thought outloud without realizing and hoped that Kai hadn't heard what he had said. Kai, however, heard him clearly.

"Who are you talking about?" Kai asked turning his gaze from the televison to Kyungsoo. He hesistate at first before replying to Kai and he wasn't going to lie to him.

"Jia." he said turning his eyes back to his phone. He was prepared for Kai to ask him more questions and he decided just to spill it all out. There was no use in hiding it from him anyway. 


A/N: Sorry it's kinda late. I procrastinate too much! And...I....wrote a Kai/You because I just had to get it out LMAO

I know shame on me.

;~; I hope you like this chapter anywhooo~ & it's not edited since I just wanted to give you guys something.