Chapter 25

The Only Exception

"So you're telling me, your dad really turned into a complete monster?" Suho rolled his eyes. Kyungsoo just nodded gloomily.

After the two boys had left the school building, they began walking to Kyungsoo's house where the latter spoke in detail of what happened on Saturday. Suho didn't understand why his father would do something like that to him and he was determined that he'd do whatever he could to protect Kyungsoo. 

"Kyung, if there is anything you need, you can always come to me." Suho said once they've reached the apartment.

"That's hyung." Kyungsoo tried to hide the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes but it was no use. The tears had fallen either way. Suho grabbed him and embraced him a tight hug. Kyungsoo automatically wrapped his arms across Suho's back and just sobbed for a bit.

"Don't cry, okay. I'm here. I'm always here." He whispered and that quieted Kyungsoo's sobs. Kyungsoo pulled away and looked into Suho's eyes.

"I don't know what I'd do without a friend like you." Suho just smiled.

"I'll text you when I get home, okay?" Kyungsoo nodded. 

Suho walked away from the apartment building and Kyungsoo just watched until his figure disappeared from his sight. He sighed and proceeded to walk through the the glass doors of the apartment and towards the elevator. He pressed the button, relieved that the elevator opened immediately so he didn't have to wait for it, and walked inside. He pressed the number to the floor of Kai's apartment and walked out once it had stopped on his floor. He walked down the hall to the door and knocked on it. There was no response and Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes. Of course you aren't here. Kyungsoo slumped against the door and decided that a little nap wouldn't hurt.

___________________________________________________________________________________

"When you push your arms out, do it with more force. You don't want it to look flimsy." Kai chuckled.

He was currently in the school dance room with Luhan trying to help him perfect his moves. He's been in there for about 40 minutes and they are almost finished for the day.

"Like this?" Luhan asked as he did the move over with more force as Kai had instructed him.

"Perfect." Kai said with a smile. 

"I guess we're done." Luhan said as he sat on the floor. Kai passed him a water bottle and he went to grab his bag.

"Yeah, I gotta go. Kyungsoo doesn't have his key." Luhan rolled his eyes but Kai didn't see it. "I'll drive you home."

"Thanks Jongin-ah." Luhan said as he got up to retrieve his belongings as well. 

Once they had all of their things, they walked out of the room. Luhan turned off all of the lights before following behind Kai. They walked out of the school building and saw some other students who were probably leaving from some extra help. They both walked to Kai's car, Luhan to the passenger seat and Kai in the drivers seat. They both put on their seatbelts before Kai started the car and drove off. 

 

"Thank you, again Kai. For everything." Luhan said once Kai pulled up in front of his house.

"No problem Lulu~" Luhan giggled. 

"You're too cute you know."

"Yeah I know. I'm very cute." Luhan punched him lightly in his arm.

"Hey! You said yourself that I was cute." Kai pouted. Luhan chuckled and leaned forward towards Kai's pouty lips. He placed a soft kiss on Kai's lips but Kai hadn't moved away. Luhan wrapped his arms around Kai's neck and was about to deepen the kiss but Kai moved away. Luhan looked away from Kai and touched his lips. Kai began to blush, but didn't say a word. He was speechless. Luhan.... kissed me. They sat in silence for a while before Luhan spoke up.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't ha-"

"N-No. It's alright. Don't worry. It was just like those kisses you give me every time I drive you home." Kai grinned.

"Yeah. Of course. I just felt like you've helped a lot today so y-you deserved it." Luhan chuckled lightly. I just really wanted to kiss you. 

"I really get the best presents. What am I getting for my birthday?" Kai beamed.

"Nothing. I give you gifts all through out the year. You should be thankful." Luhan rolled his eyes.

"Aww Lulu, don't be like that."

"Drive me home on your birthday and we'll see." Luhan unbuckled his seat belt and gave Kai a smirk before opening the car door.

"Bye, Lulu~" Kai waved. 

"Bye loser." 

When Luhan  got inside his home, Kai couldn't drive away immediately. His mind was too focused on the kiss between him and Luhan. It didn't mean anything, right? Kai shook the thoughts out of his head and drove to his apartment, faster than usual. He realized that Kyungsoo is locked out. I hope he's not too mad.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Kyungsoo woke up to someone shaking him and calling his. His eyes shot open but when he saw who was waking him up, a scowl came across his face.

"Hey, you're awake." Kai said quietly with a smile.

"Get off of me." Kyungsoo said coldly and got up from the floor. He grabbed his bag and waited for Kai to open the door.

"Um..alright."

Once they got into the apartment, Kyungsoo took his shoes of quickly and walked into Kai's room. Kai was taken aback at Kyungsoo's attitude. 

"I'm sorry that you were locked out!" Kai yelled after him but Kyungsoo didn't reply. He felt a pang hit him in his chest. He's really mad, isn't he?

Kai took off his shoes and placed his bag down before following Kyungsoo to his room. He walked inside of the room and saw Kyungsoo with his shirt off. His eyes widened and his face reddened when Kyungsoo turned around and noticed Kai had walked in the room.

"Get out. I'm changing." Kyungsoo demanded. Kai furrowed his eyebrows and closed the door. He figured he'd stay outside the door until he was finished dressing. 

"Are you done yet?" Kai asked after a few minutes. Since he didn't hear a reply, he just walked in anyway.

"Kyungie, I'm sorry. I forgot you didn't have a key."  Kai walked towards the bed where Kyungsoo was sitting down with his phone in hand.

"Whatever." he mumbled.

"I-Is there something wrong? Did something happen?" Kai asked. Kyungsoo looked up from his phone and looked at Kai. Kai could see hurt in his eyes.

"I'm not mad about being locked out Jongin." Kyungsoo said quietly.

"Oh. T-Then tell me what's wrong." Kyungsoo sighed and turned away from Kai.

"I went to the dance room after school."

"Why didn't you come in? I could've ga-"

"I didn't want to interrupt the moment between you and Luhan." Kai began to realize what Kyungsoo was talking about. 

"It's not what it seems. I was just helping Luhan out today." Kyungsoo scoffed. He turned to look at Kai again.

"Did you not see the look in his eyes? Kai, he likes you." Kai was slightly taken aback. Is that why he kissed me?

"How do you know that?"

"You can't be that clueless. It's obvious because that's the same look.....that I give you Jongin." Kyungsoo was beginning to tear up so he quickly turned away from Kai's eyes. He didn't know why he cared so much. It wasn't like him and Kai were in a relationship or anything.

"I don't notice those things about Luhan because I don't feel that way about him Kyungie. He's just my best friend." Kai paused and took a deep breath. It was going to take a lot for what he was about to say.

"I only notice when you look at me that way. Kyungsoo, look at me." Kyungsoo didn't listen so Kai moved closer to him on the bed and cupped his chin. He turned his head so that he would look him in the eye. Kai wiped the tears from his cheeks with his thumb before he continued speaking.

"When I kissed you that night, did you think it was for nothing? The way you kissed me back, I knew then that you felt the same way."

"J-Jongin, it's h-hard for me to trust anyone. After....Jia, I don't know. Even my father-"

"Kyungsoo, trust me. I won't let anything happen to you. I won't ever hurt you, I promise." 

Tears were welling up in Kai's eyes now and that was enough to make Kyungsoo cry even more. Kai began to lean in and Kyungsoo blushed, knowing what was going to happen. He wrapped his arms around Kai's neck and  closed his eyes as Kai's warm lips met his. Kyungsoo felt the same spark of electricity go through his body the first time he kissed Kai. Their lips molded together perfectly. Kai wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist and rubbed the exposed skin with his fingers. Kyungsoo gasped in the kiss, allowing Kai to slip his tongue in and explore his cavern. Kyungsoo's mind was elsewhere as he kissed Kai. It had to be one of the best feelings having Kai kiss him like this. Their tongues glided together, fighting for dominance. Kai bit on Kyungsoo's bottom lip and tugged on it making the smaller boy moan in the kiss. Kai smiled and slowly pulled away, both of them gasping for air.

"I've sealed my promise with a kiss."


 

A/N: Hello~ xD I've added some Kailu to make you Kaisoo lovers depressed for while but in the end, there was a LOT more Kaisoo so I'm forgiven right? ^^ Hope this chapter suffices :3

(I thought i posted this hrs ago but I realized I didn't uncheck the "hide chapter" button OTL