Chapter 7

The Only Exception

It was around 9pm and fatigue was hitting kai. They didn't do much that day so it was unclear as to why he was so tired. Kyungsoo, however, was deep in thought. He thought about wanting to go to school on Monday but his uniform was at home. Everything he owned was at....home. He wasn't sure how to tell Kai but he needed to go home. 

"K-Kai?", Kyungsoo whispered. Kai was on the couch next to Kyungsoo, watching television.

"Hm?"

"I need to go home."

Kai looked at him and his eyes grew wide.

"You can't go ba-"

"I'm not planning on staying. But if I want to go to school on Monday, I'll need to retrieve my uniform", Kyungsoo said with a weak smile.

Kai let out a breath of relief. He didn't want Kyungsoo to go back to that death trap called, "home". Another thought hit Kai.

"B-But how are you supposed to get it?", Kai asked.

Kyungsoo shrugged. "Tomorrow's Sunday. My dad goes to work at around 8am. I guess I can go around that time."

Kai nodded. "I'm coming with you."

Kyungsoo looked up at him. "N-No you don't hav-"

Kai interjected before he could finish. "I'm coming with you. While we're there, you can get all your things. Plus, I have a car so it'll be great.", Kai smiled.

Kyungsoo smiled, knowing he couldn't convince Kai. Kyungsoo began to stretch but as always, the pain would shoot through his body, making him groan. Kai immediately got up to get the ointment from the bathroom. He came back quickly to the living room and Kyungsoo had a pain-filled expression.

"Come in the bedroom so I can rub more of this stuff on you.", Kai said and he put out his hand to help Kyungsoo up. Kyungsoo took his hand and got up slowly. He followed Kai down the hall to his bedroom. 

"L-Lay down", Kai said quietly. Kyungsoo took off his shirt suddenly, knowing he'd have to anyway and went on the bed. His actions shocked Kai for a moment. Kai's cheeks began to feel a burning sensation.

He walked towards the bed where Kyungsoo was laying down on his back, his upper half exposed. Kai sat at the edge of the bed and put some of the ointment on his fingers. He lightly pressed his fingers against Kyungsoo's abdomen. He closed his eyes and winced because of the slight pain. He soon relaxed under Kai's touch. Kai kept massaging his stomach adding pressure. Kyungsoo's groans soon turned into moans because it felt so good.  Kai blushed at the sounds he was making. When he looked at Kyungsoo's face, he noticed he was biting his lip. Sweat began to drip from his forehead. 

Kyungsoo soon realized the sounds he was making and opened his eyes to a sweating Kai. Kai got embarrassed and wiped his sweat with his arm.

"A-Are you okay?", Kyungsoo asked.

"Y-Yeah it's a l-little hot in here is all."

"But the window's open...", Kyungsoo stated.

Kai turned towards the window and smiled shyly. "Oh.", was all he could say.

Kai kept massaging Kyungsoo and he arched his back.

"I'm sorry. D-Did I hurt you?", Kai asked worriedly. 

"No. It feels good", Kyungsoo whispered.

Kai removed his hands from Kyungsoo's stomach to massage his arms. Kyungsoo was slowly falling asleep and his breathing slowed down. Kai stopped massaging him and closed the ointment. He stared at him for a while as he slept before he decided to go sleep as well. He stood up, his eyes never leaving Kyungsoo.

"Sleep tight", he whispered. He bent down and lightly kissed Kyungsoo's forehead and smiled. He was amazed by his own actions and quickly left the room, keeping the door ajar. He walked out into the living room and placed the ointment on the table. He lied on the couch and drifted off to sleep.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kai awoke to the sound of his cell phone ringing. He scrunched his face as the light hit him. He squinted at his phone trying to make out the name on the caller id. It was Luhan so he picked up.

"Hello?", he said, his morning voice in full effect.

"Hey Kai, did I wake you up?", Luhan said.

"Yeah."

"Good!", he said smiling on the other side of the phone. Kai frowned at the thought that his friend was amused that he had ruined his sleep. It was 7 in the morning and he didn't have intentions on waking up until the next hour. 

"I want to go out to the cafe for breakfast!", Luhan pleaded.

Kai sighed. He would go with Luhan to the cafe every Sunday morning but today, he couldn't.

"I can't", Kai said tiredly. 

Luhan frowned, "Why not?"

"I'm doing something important with Kyungsoo today. I'm sorry Lulu. Maybe next week?"

"Yeah sure, whatever.", Luhan said before hanging up.

Kai hated doing that to Luhan. He couldn't just leave Kyungsoo to go get his things alone right? He did what was best, right? Kai sighed heavily and got off the couch. He stretched his limbs before going to the bathroom to wash up. When he was finished, Kyungsoo still wasn't up. He'd expect him to be up before him. 

Kai walked to his room and opened the door quietly. He saw Kyungsoo sleeping, his face glistening. He was sweating. Kai went over to him to see what was wrong. He was shifting in his sleep so Kai tapped him a little.

"Kyungsoo, wake up".

He shot up from the pillow and was breathing heavily.

Kai got worried. "W-What happened? Are you okay?'

"I  had a bad dream.", he replied looking at Kai. Kai rubbed his back and sighed for the third time this morning.

"I had a dream my dad found me. When he did, he did horrible things to me."

Kai quickly embraced Kyungsoo and fixed the strands of hair on his forehead.

"He's not going to do anything to you. I promise."

Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Kai's waist and put his head on Kai's chest. He began to calm down soon after.

"Come on. We have to leave soon", Kai smiled at him. 

"Okay."

They both left the bedroom to get ready for their day.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Kai and Kyungsoo walked to the door when they had both eaten and gotten dressed. It was 8:30am so Kyungsoo's dad had left for work already. They put on their shoes and walked out. Kai locked the door and followed behind Kyungsoo to the elevator. Kyungsoo's heart was racing a mile a minute. He knew his father wasn't home but just the thought of going back there made him scared. They walked out of the elevator and out of the building's glass doors to Kai's car. It was black with dark windows so you couldn't see the inside but on the inside, you could see the outside. Kyungsoo felt a bit of relief when he noticed the features of the car. 

Kai went around to the driver's side and pushed the key in. Once it was unlocked, Kyungsoo opened the passenger's side door and went inside. They were both inside and they strapped on their seat belts. 

"Alright. Relax Kyungsoo, okay?", Kai said. He had noticed that Kyungsoo had been breathing irregularly. "Where do you live?"

Kyungsoo told him the address and Kai nodded knowing exactly where to go. 

They drove the whole way to his house in silence. Kai was too busy focusing on the road and Kyungsoo was trapped in his own thoughts.

"We're here.", Kai announced and took a deep breath. He unbuckled his seat belt and took his keys out of the car. He looked at Kyungsoo who was having trouble taking off his seat belt. He giggled at the sight and reached over to help him. His hands brushed against Kyungsoo's thighs making them both blush. Kai finally got the seat belt off of Kyungsoo and they proceeded to get out of the car.

When Kyungsoo closed the door, he turned to face the house. Kai came around by his side and grabbed his hand. 

"Don't worry, I'm here.", Kai whispered. Kyungsoo couldn't help but smile. 

They both began to walk to the front door and Kyungsoo just stood there, staring at the door like it was an unknown species.

". I don't have my keys. They're in my room", he said sounding agitated. He then remembered about the spare key in the bushes. Without telling Kai, he walked towards the bush at the side of the house and pulled a small black box from it. He opened it and pulled out the key. He walked back to the door and took a deep breath. He inserted the key slowly and opened the door. 

"Jungmin, is that you? I knew you'd forget your pho-", the voice of a woman was heard by Kai and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's eyes looked about ready to fall out of their sockets. The woman who they heard was calling for Kyungsoo's dad when she walked out of the kitchen to see that it wasn't his dad. She dropped the cell phone that was in her hand, shocked at what she had seen. 

"O-Omo". she exclaimed.

Kai gripped onto Kyungsoo's hand and squeezed it. 

"Who the hell are you?", she asked them, fear obvious in her eyes.

"T-This is my home. Who the hell are you?", Kyungsoo retorted. 


 

Author: Decided to tease you guys with a cliff hanger. Why you ask? Because I'm evil~ lmao 

It's all love guys <3 Hope you guys enjoy this chapter :D :D ;D