Run

Nightmare

??? Pov

 

I kept running and running through the forest, with no clue as to where I was going. I thought I had heard multiple footsteps behind me and looked behind to check.

 

“There he is! Run!” I heard one of them yell.

 

I sprinted in between the tall, murky green trees in fear of getting caught. When I could no longer see the soldiers behind me, I began to climb up one of the pine trees. I looked down from the branch I was standing on about halfway up the tree, and saw the soldiers run past.

 

“I lost track of him!” One yelled.

 

“Keep looking!” Another said.

 

“Give it up, guys, he’s no where in sight. Let’s go back to the palace. We’ll just have them send in Hoon and Eli for us instead, anyways.” Said another solider.

 

“… fine then. Head back, boys! Retreat!”

 

I waited until I could no longer hear the sounds of the soldiers shoes pounding on the ground to come down from the tree. After double checking my surroundings and being sure no one was around, I continued running deeper into the forest.

____________________________________________________

Kevin’s Pov

 

While Eunji was bathing and doing her own little things, I had made my way down to the meeting room to find everyone in an unpleasant mood.

 

“Did someone die or something?” I asked as I closed the double doors behind me and made my way to my seat.

 

“No, but I’m not happy to say that our soldiers failed us quite quickly.” Kibum said, crossing his arms and glaring at the two head soldiers that were in the room.

 

“How? Why so quickly?” I looked over at the soldiers in the corner of my eye.

 

“H-he was running so fast, and the forest is very confusing-“ one of them said.

 

“That’s no excuse. Where are all of those years of training you’ve had? Did they disappear?” Dongho scolded.

 

“We’re extremely sorry, your highnesses. Please forgive us.” They said, bowing at 90 degrees.

 

“You’re not forgiven yet. I want you all to go back in there again and actually search for him. Remember every tactic you’ve learned. Don’t let us down this time. We want some sort of results from sending you out there.” Alexander said.

 

“Yes. 알고있습니다.*” The soldiers bowed once more and left the room.

 

“Do you really think they’re capable?” Soohyun asked.

 

“I’m not sure. But we might as well give it a try, right?” Alexander said.

 

“Even if they come back with no information about Joon’s whereabouts, are Hoon and I still going in after him?” Eli asked.

 

“Yes, how exactly are we supposed to find him? The forest is huge!” Hoon added.

 

“Trust me, you’ll find him. I know you will.” Alexander assured.

 

“What should the rest of us do while they’re looking for Joon?” Kiseop asked.

 

“Keep a close eye on Eunji,” I said, “Making sure nothing happens to her.”

______________________________________________

Eunji/You Pov

 

I finished up taking my bath and wrapped myself in a soft, lilac-purple towel. I walked out of the bathroom, which was connected to Kevin’s bedroom, and saw Kevin laying on his bed; shirtless. I gasped and covered my eyes, almost dropping my towel. Kevin noticed me and pulled the covers over himself.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry, I forgot you were in there. Um… you’re clothes are on the end of the bed here…I- I’ll bring them to you.” He said.

 

Kevin grabbed my silky light blue nightgown and undergarments and brought them over to me. I moved my hand away from my eyes and took the clothing, trying not to make eye contact or look at Kevin’s body. Kevin let out a small laugh and went over to his bureau to grab a shirt. I went back inside the bathroom to put my clothes on. I put on my undergarments and slipped the nightgown on over me. When I went back into Kevin’s bedroom, Kevin was standing by the window, staring outside. I quietly approached him from behind and grabbed his hand. Kevin turned around, looked at me, and smiled.

 

What were you thinking about?

 

“Hm?”

 

When you were staring out the window, you looked like you were deep in thought.

 

“Just thinking about you, my dear, and nothing else.” He said sweetly.

 

I blushed and looked down at my feet.

 

“Aw, look, you’re blushing.” Kevin tilted my chin up with his finger and chuckled.

 

Am not! I thought, and reached my free hand up and covered Kevin’s eyes with it.

 

“Are too.” Kevin pushed my hand down with his.

 

Definitely not.

 

I put my hand back up to cover his eyes again, but Kevin grabbed it and held it.

 

“You are. It’s okay, it’s cute.” Kevin whispered in my ear as he leaned closer to me.

 

I blushed more, and this time, there was nothing I could do about it. Kevin let go of one of my hands and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

 

“Did I ever tell you that I loved you, Eunji?” Kevin whispered.

 

I slowly shook my head and looked up at Kevin.

 

“Well, I do.” Kevin said, “I love you.”

 

Kevin looked at my lips, then at my eyes, and back down at my lips again. He pulled me as close to him as he could, closing the space between us. Kevin grinned and placed his hand on my cheek… and pressed his lips onto mine. Not knowing quite what to do, I kissed him back softly. Kevin pulled away slowly, and put his forehead against mine, looking deep into my eyes.

 

“I love you.” He said again, holding me tight with both arms.


I love you too.

 

_____________________________________

A/N:

OTL, I think my chapter updates keep getting shorter and shorter. SORREEEHH D: I'll try to do better T^Tb

*알고 있습니다 (al-go iss-seub-ni-da): I understand.

I always like... want to put in all of these korean phrases in my story.. then I'm like, wait, not all of my subscribers can probably read korean, let alone know what I'm saying D: Did I ever told you guys that using romanization really bugs me now? I actually prefer writing Korean in legit Hangul. I'm a complicated person ;)

And no, I do not speak fluent korean. oohhh no. i'm far from that. I just know tons of words and phrases, and I can read it. Okay. Enough blahblahblah from me. I may be back later today with another update. If not tomorrow :3