Protection

Nightmare

Eunji/Your Pov

 

Joon dragged me into another bland, dull, and dark room. Though, there was one little window, where some light shone down on the floor.

 

“Um… what is this place, anyways?” I asked.

 

“My secret hiding place.”

 

“Secret hid-“

 

“Shhh.” Joon said, putting a finger to my lips, “It’s a secret.”

 

“O-okay.”

 

“Let’s awaken those powers, shall we?” Joon smiled.

 

“B-but… Kevin said your powers have to be woken up naturally… not by force…”

 

“Kevin said this! Blah blah blah!” Joon said, mocking me. “Forget what Kevin said. Besides, this is natural! You’ll be in a state of danger so it’s natural to defend yourself!”

 

“State of danger?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Are you sure this is a natural way of doing it?”

 

“Completely natural.”

 

“I’m still not sure about this…”

 

“Why? Because you don’t have Kevin’s permission?”

 

“I-I don’t know-“

 

“Look, babe,” Joon said as he walked over and embraced me, “You don’t need Kevin. You need me.”

 

‘I-I’m not-“

 

“Quiet! Don’t say anything. Just accept the truth.” He winked.

 

“Ahh.” I sighed. “Fine then. Let’s just get this over with.”

 

“Good.” Joon smirked.

 

“So… what do I have to do?”

 

“Just… when I attack you…”

 

“Attack me?!”

 

“I’m just going to throw a little fire at you that’s all…”

 

“Psh.”

 

“Let me finish. When I attack, just wish with all your might to protect yourself. And… hopefully it’ll work…”

 

“And if it doesn’t?”

 

“You might get a third degree burn on your arm….”

 

“Joon!!” I scolded and hit him in the head.

 

“Yah! It’s probably not going to happen, so calm down okay? Just focus!”

 

“Okay, okay! Let’s go then!”

 

“Alright. Ready?”

 

I nodded and closed my eyes. Clenching my fists, I focused all of my thoughts on protecting myself. I heard Joon begin to make a fireball of some sort, and heard whirling sound. But I didn’t feel anything. All I heard was a crash and sizzle on the wall behind me.
 

“Did I do it?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then what happened?”

 

“I missed.”

 

“What do you mean you ‘missed’?”

 

“I wasn’t aiming correctly so the fire flew right past you. It wasn’t even an inch near you.”

 

“Oh… wow. Well, try again.”

 

“Okay.”

 

I did the same thing as I did before and waiting for the heat. As I heard the flame head toward me, I felt a sort of pressure exerting from my body; I wasn’t sure what it was. But I didn’t feel any burns on my body. Then I started to feel very tired and weak, and I tumbled over.

 

Joon rushed over and caught me in his arms before I hit the ground. He picked me up in his arms and looked me in the eyes.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“D-do I look okay to you?”

 

“Not really. I suppose waking up your powers is very energy-draining.”

 

“Y-you mean… I did it?”

 

“Yeah. You did. It was pretty cool looking. You should’ve had your eyes open.”

 

“But then I would’ve seen the fire and gotten scared. Then I wouldn’t have been able to focus.” I pointed out.

 

“I guess you’re right. But, wow, you looked amazing.”

 

“H-How so?”

 

“I don’t know… it was like… your whole body was glowing. You had this little shield-like bubble around you too. Hah, it was kind of cute.” Joon laughed.

 

“Cute?”

 

“Yes, cute.”

 

“You’re weird.”

 

“I know.”

 

My head began to hurt and my eyes started to flutter shut. I held a hand to my head to try and steady it from the pain.

 

“I don’t feel very good.” I said.

 

“I can tell. Here, I’ll bring you to my room. You can lie on my bed and sleep. Hopefully you’ll be better when you wake up.” Joon said.

 

“Y-yeah hopefully I w-“

 

“Shush. Stop talking so much. Just sleep now, okay? You’re with me. Everything will be fine.”

 

________________________________


A/N: Hah, I like Joonie in this chapter :3 Do you guys miss Kevin? ^u^

jettgirl63, I love you ;D hahah

Just for fun, here's a Kevin gif and a Joon gif :3