Saved

Nightmare

Eunji/You Pov

 

Sleeping that night was impossible. Well, not quite. I was sleeping, but my nightmare kept me awake inside.

 

I was running in a dark forest, to I don’t know where. I was being chased in a pursuit. Soon I smelled smoke and watched as trees in the forest ahead of me began catching on fire and falling down to the ground.

 

Too many trees had fallen all around me, blocking my way. I came to a quick halt before another had nearly landed on top of me. I had nowhere to go. Looking behind me, I saw my chaser catching up. He stepped right over a burning tree and came out without a single burn mark. When he looked at me, his eyes felt as if they were piercing through me like an arrow. Joon walked up to me and clamped fiery hot hands on my arms.

 

“Take me back.” He said.

 

“Never.”

 

“Take me back!” he screamed.

 

“Why?”

 

“BECAUSE I LO-“

 

Joon was cut off when suddenly another person appeared and shoved him away from me. When I looked closer, I realized that it was Kevin. Joon came running back towards Kevin and threw a swinging punch at him. But Kevin was too swift for him, and dodged it. Kevin sprinted over to me, threw me over his shoulder and found a way out from the trees. He darted through the brush until there were no more trees, and civilization was in sight. He didn’t stop until we reached the palace again, went inside, and were back lying in my bed.

 

In that instant, I opened my eyes from the dream. I saw Kevin, looking at me as if he were waiting for me to wake up. Once I gained complete consciousness from a sleepless sleep, I reached out to Kevin with my hand. Kevin put his arm out and pulled me over to him and held me close.

 

“So that’s how it works.” I said.

 

“How what works?”

 

“Your power. You came into my nightmare and saved me. Thank you.”

 

“No need to thank. I’m only doing my job.” He smiled.

____________________________________________________

Joon Pov (OMO :D)

 

That pest. Stupid, smiling, blonde-haired pest. I’ll get him back someday. And he’ll regret that he ever tried to stop me.

 

I had to come up with a plan. A dark plan. But what? I couldn’t personally just walk right into the palace, and not expect to get captured. I had to get him alone and away from the reach of others, away from their protection. But…damn. How do I do that?

 

Think, Joon, think.

_____________________________________________

Kevin Pov

 

It was my first time since Eunji had been getting nightmares that I actually went in and ended it. I haven’t been inside another person’s dream since I was a kid, and that was just for fun. Quite frankly, I had no need no. No one around me had seemed to be having terrible dreams, and when they did, they weren’t really that bad.

 

This was the first time I saved someone from a nightmare and a restless night. And I felt good. Proud. Successful. Eunji knows now then when she has bad dreams, that as soon as they start, they’ll end; because I’ll be right here next to her. I suppose it’s a comforting thought for Eunji to have. It is for me, too. Knowing that she’ll sleep better now. Thank goodness.

 

We had no idea what to do next about Joon. No one knew of his whereabouts anymore. For all we know, he wasn’t in the forest anymore. He probably moved on to another location. Great.

 

I did not help with the effort to figure anything else out about this situation today. I was too tired from helping Eunji. Kiseop even came in her room, got down on his knees and begged me to at least come sit with them, because it was ‘no fun without me’. Aish that kid. I turned him down, and he had walked out pretending to be sad with his shoulders down and a pout on his face. Eunji and I laughed at the silly sight.

 

There was nothing else to do that day.

 

It was a simple, boring day, just sitting around. Just the way I liked it.

 

“Nothing? All day?” Eunji questioned me.

 

“Nothing at all. Just resting.” I said with a relaxed sigh.

 

“But that’s all I do everyday!” She complained.

 

“Well then maybe we should go out and do things together more. How about that?” I suggested.

 

“I guess… what kinds of things could we do?”

 

“Hm… let me think. There’s a pool-“

 

“I love swimming!” Eunji interrupted.

 

“Ah, hey, let me finish my thinking. Okay. A pool, the library, we could go to the garden again, we could shop in town…”

 

“Ah, see? There’s plenty to do!” Eunji beamed.

 

“I know, I know. I just never considered doing them before.”

 

“Is that all there is?” she asked.

 

“I give you that whole list of things to do and you’re asking for more? Aigoo.” I said, poking her on the forehead.

 

“Yes, I am! What else is there?” she persisted.

 

“I suppose we could bake something in the kitchen… go on a walk to the waterfall, play a game in the field. Want me to list more?”

 

“No. That’s fine. So when are we going to get started on doing all of these?” she smiled.

 

“Tomorrow. Today’s our lazy day remember?” I laughed.

 

“Ugh.”

_________________________________________

Joon Pov

 

Maybe a trap of some sort. Would that work? How would I set it up? Where would I set it up?

 

 I sighed and took a seat at the edge of the lake. The light blue water shimmered in the sunlight. I was far from people. I wasn’t sure how far, but all I could hear was the sound of the leaves on the trees moving in the wind, and the sound of birds singing. It didn’t fit my taste. I was never the kind who really enjoyed the outdoors. You could even ask Eunji for proof. I never liked going on walks or anything of the sort, yet here I am. In the middle of nowhere, surrounded by nature.

 

I needed to come up with my plan soon. I can’t waste too much time just sitting around, because they could find me again just as soon as they did when I escaped from prison.

 

Kevin Woo, you will die in my hands.

________________________________________________

A/N: I got so distracted when I was writing this... If I wasn't, I probably would've updated like... 2 hours ago bahah xD

Did you guys listen to U-Kiss' new mini album "Special to Kiss Me"? It's very good. AJ wrote the lyrics to the title song, "Believe". Check it out if you haven't! ^^

No comment responses today ^^; heheh...