Sign

Nightmare

Eunji/You Pov

 

Waking up the next day, I crinkled up my nose. I smelled some sort of nasty smell, and it was almost like I could feel it in my lungs. Keeping my eyes closed, I sniffed a few more times and began to cough.

 

“Kevin… do you smell that?” I asked drearily.

 

“Mmm yes dear, I do. I’ll go see what it is.” Kevin said, flopping out of bed.

 

I turned over and buried my face in my pillow.

 

“Dear… we should get out of here right now.”

 

“Ah, why?” I said, still half asleep.

 

“Because there’s a humongous fire going on that’s practically right outside the window now let’s GO!” Kevin said, beginning to panic.

 

Kevin picked me up off the bed and carried me out the door.

 

“Kiseop! Fire!” He yelled as we passed by Kiseop’s bedroom.

 

Kiseop flew out of his bedroom door and ran past us quickly to outside the palace. As we ran through the hallways Kevin yelled to everyone to get up and evacuate. When we finally got outside, looking down towards the wing of the palace my room was in; we saw that the fire was beginning to consume it.

 

“Alexander! You go over there and slow down the time so that the fire doesn’t burn the whole palace down. Kiseop, I want you to start spraying as much water as you can on the fire to put it out. AJ, I want you to freeze the fire and bring Dongho with you to break it. Are my orders clear?” Soohyun directed.

 

“Yes, sir!” The group of fighters said.

 

“What about the rest of us, Soo?” Hoon asked.

 

“Ah… let’s see. Kibum, I want you to stay here until the fire is put out in case any of those guys need aid. You, Eli, Kevin, and Eunji should make your way into town for safety precautions. And I will be here supervising. Okay?” Soohyun said.

 

“Yes. We’ll be on our way then. Send someone to come get us once you are finished, okay? I don’t like being in town. Too many ‘prince admirers’, if you know what I mean.” Hoon said, rolling his eyes.

 

“They crowd us like we’re some sort of celebrity. Ugh.” Eli shivered.

 

“Alright, alright. I’ll send someone as soon as everything’s finished. Now, go, be on your way.” Soohyun said.

____________________________________________

Kevin’s Pov

 

“Prince Kevin! Prince Kevin! Hi Prince Kevin! Why don’t you talk to me? Prince Kevin!!” I heard girls say as we walked the streets of the town.

 

I kept a tight grip on Eunji’s hand to be sure she didn’t get lost in the crowd of ‘fans’.

 

It’s probably best if we don’t talk at all now, huh? Eunji thought.

 

I nodded slightly and kept looking forward as I followed Eli and Hoon.

 

Okay. Ah, these girls are scary.

 

I smiled, and almost laughed, at Eunji’s thought. She was right. They were scary. They kept trying to hold my open hand, talk to me, or try to get eye contact with me. But I kept staring straight ahead of me, using the back of Eli’s head as my focus. Then I felt a hand try to break my grasp of Eunji’s hand. I stopped and looked behind me at a not-so-innocent-looking girl. The eye contact I made with her was not friendly, but a glare. She bowed and said ‘I’m sorry’ as politely as she could. I scoffed, and continued on my way.

 

We finally arrived at the town’s government building, where only those of royalty or those who were part of the guards were allowed in. Being the last to walk in, I locked the door behind me.

 

“I hate walking through there. Those people have no sense of respect. One girl slapped my ! Do you expect me to just keep walking and not do anything about it? That’s my problem! Damn it was hard not to retaliate!” Eli growled.

 

“Calm down, Eli.” Hoon said.

 

“Calm? Psh. Calm my .”

 

Hoon sighed and took a seat in one of the chairs in the room.

 

“What’s up with you, Kevin? You don’t exactly look the greatest either. I can tell by your eyes.” Hoon asked.

 

“Some chick tried to get her hand in between mine and Eunji’s. Or at least, was trying to break the hold.” I sighed, frustrated still.

 

“What’d you do about it?” Eli asked, more relaxed now.

 

“Turned around and glared at her was pretty much all I did.”

 

“She said she was sorry too…” Eunji said.

 

“I didn’t forgive her though. I couldn’t forgive her. So I just kept walking.”

 

It was silent from then on, until we heard a pounding on the door.

 

“It’s AJ! Let me in!”

 

Eli got up and unlocked the door, and AJ came bursting in.

 

“Fire’s gone now!” He said.

 

“Is everyone alright?” Eunji asked, concerned.

 

“Yep, everyone’s doing fine. The only problem is, a part of the wing that the fire was by is severely burned. We’ve got guys working on reconstructing it right now.” AJ explained.

 

“I bet my room was part of it..” Eunji said to herself.

 

AJ nodded. “Let’s get out of this town. Those girls out there are c-r-a-z-y!”

___________________________________________________

Joon Pov

 

I suppose that little trick I pulled could be called a warning.

 

But for me, it was more like a sign.

 

A sign that I’m still here, and I’m still ready to put on a fight.

 

___________________________________________________

A/N: hehe, double update today :3 This is to make up for the chapter I wouldn't have been able to post tomorrow. So basically, you're just getting it early.

Don't forget to read my friend's story. The link to it is in my author's note on the previous chapter.

Silent readers, comment ^3^