Meeting THE Family

Destiny's Wheel

"Tanya ssi, wake up now." You heard Victoria's voice while someone was shaking your shoulders. 

"5 more minutes." You mumbled in English.

"Tanya ssi, we've arrived already. Wake up now." You heard Victoria's voice again. She was still shaking you, this time, harder. 

You then realized that you're not in the Philippines anymore AND YOU WERE WITH VICTORIA AS OF THE MOMENT.

"I'M AWAKE!!" You shouted as you opened your eyes.

"Geesh, no need to shout. Now let's go." She said as she gave your head a pat and smiled.

"Where are we again?" You asked, still in groggy from your sleep.

'We're at SM. Let's go! Can't wait to introduce you to my family!" She chimmed as she pulled you out of the car. Good thing there weren't fans around since you're at the underground parking. 

She dragged you inside the unfamiliar place, and you were totally amazed with the overall appearance of the building. So this is THE SM Building. This is where histories and legends were made. H.O.T. Shinhwa, DBSK, Super Junior, BoA you name it! Wow, I can't believe I'm inside THE SM Building, with Victoria unnie dragging me around. Is this a dream? You thought while you were being dragged by Victoria. You scanned the whole place and you saw posters of DBSK, Super Junior, SNSD, SHINee, F(x) and their new group, EXO. 

"We're here!" Her voice brought you back from you own world.

You looked in front and it was a door with the words "Training Room" on it. 

"I hope they're inside." She said as she opened the door and peeked inside. 

"They're here!" She chimmed as she pulled you inside the room. Gosh, you can't believe that she's seven years older than you. 

"Unnie!" You heard female voice. You looked up and saw THE other members of f(x). You were starstruck and couldn't speak. f(x) was in front of you! And you're bias, Amber was straring right at you!

Sensing the awkward athmospher, Victoria suddenly spoke.

'Uhm guys, this my new found friend, Tanya!" she said as with a sincere and excited smile.

"Anyonghaseyo, Tanya imnida." you said as you gave them a bow. 

"Anyong!" Luna ssi greeted you with a warm and sincere smile. 

"Hey." Amber said, of course with her famous smile or better yet, smirk.

"Anyong!"' Sullie beamed with an eye smile.

You then waited for Krystal to introduce herself.

"Unnie, are you sure she isn't a fan?" She shruggedm without even looking at you.

"Of course I am! She just arrived from the Philippines today. Don't be rude Soojung ah." Victoria said with a serious face.

"Really, you came from the Philippines! Wow, that's so cool!!" Luna exclaimed.

"Well, yeah. Thank you." You said in perfect korean.

"Wait, you said that you're from the Philippines. Why are you speaking Korean fluently? And why don't you look like a Filipino, no offense." sulli asked.

"Well it's because I'm not pure Filipino. My father is Korean while my mother is half Chinese and half Filipino." You informed them.

"Wow, that's amazing!" Amber exclaimed in English. "You do understand me right?" She asked shyly.

"Of course I do. English is also used in the Philippines." You answered her, slowly becoming comfortable with them. Well, except for Krystal.

"You said you were part Chinese, do you also speak Chinese?" Luna suddenly asked.

"I learned when I was little. But my vocabulary is limited. I'm more versered in English, Korean and of course my native language, Tagalog or Filipino." You answered Luna's question.

'Wow, that's amazing! Can you teach us some Filipino words and phrases?" Sulli excitedly asked.

"Of course." You answered her with a smile.

That was the time when you noticed that Victoria and Krystal weren't in the room.

"Uhm, where is Victoria unnie and Krystal ssi?" You asked them, realizing that you were left with them.

"Why, feeling awkward?" Amber asked you in English, obviously teasing you.

"Uhm, of course not." You answered her, feeling a little bit shy.

"Haha, no need to feel awkward! You're friends with unnie so you're our friend as well! Well, I don't know with Krystal though." She said with a frown.

"Why is that, is she always like that?" You asked her, still in English.

"Well, she's not that warm to random people, especially to those who she just met. You've heard of her being the "Ice Princess"'s sister right? Well, guess what, they're really sister." she said with a chuckle.

"Well, that's good to hear." You answered her with sarcasm.

"Don't worry. I've know her for four years already, she's easy to melt." Amber said while giving you a reassuring smile.

"Let's just see if I could melt her then." You said as you gave her a smile too.

"Uhm, guys. I think it's better if the two of you could speak in Korean since we're in Korea and we can't understand what you're talking about." Luna said, interrupting your conversation.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. It's just I've been too comfortable talking with Amber ssi. And like what I've said, I just arrived a while ago." You said with a giggle, this time using Korean already.

"It's okay. Next time, remember that you're in Korea okay?" Sulli told you with a giggle.

"Deh, Sulli sii." You answered her.

"Wait, don't adress us with "ssi" anymore. We're friend now remember?" Luna said.

"Uhm, okay. What should I call you then?" You asked, really clueless what to call them. You were familiar with the formalities of Korea and their age system.

"What year were you born?" Luna asked you.

"1994." 

"Oh, so we're the same year!" Sulli happily said.

"what month?" This time, it was Sulli who asked you.

"April." You answered.

"Then you should call me unnie." She gave you a smile. 

"Oh, arasso unnie." You spat the words from your mouth, still not used to calling a person who's just a few weeks older than you "unnie."

"That applies to us, too." Luna said as she pointed to Amber.

"How about Krystal ssi?" You asked, curious.

"Oh, she's your dongsaeng! Well, she's the baby of those who have debuted already." Luna informed you.

"Okay then." You said, still feeling a little bit awkward.

"What did I say about being comfortable? Let's sit for a while!" Amber said as she held your wrist and made you sit down, beside her. The two followed and formed a circle.

'So, do you know any Korean groups?" Luna suddenly asked, taking you a back.

"Well, I'm really a kpop fan." You said as you looked down, feeling ashamed.

"No need to be ashamed. We won't judge you as being a sasaeng fan or what not. You're out friend now." Sulli assured you.

"So, who's your favorite group?" Luna asked, waiting for your answer.

"Well, the first Korean group that I learned about was Super Junior. But my knowledge expanded through the years." You answered them truthfully.

"Since when you were a fan?" Amber suddenly asked.

"2007." 

"Wow, that's five year already! Daebak!" Luna clapped her hands together.

"Hehe, I guess so." You gave them an awkward laugh.

"So, who's you bias in Super junior?"

"Kyuhyun oppa."

"Haha, I was right! With your personality, surely you're going to pick Kyuhyun oppa!" Luna happily chimmed.

Questions were thrown to you and you didn't have a choice but to answer every question.

Then the devastating question was thrown.

"Who's your bias in our group?" Sulli asked. You were so stiff that you can't even answer them right away. Should I tell them? Gosh, if I'll tell them, it would be awkward as hell between Amber and I! 

"So?" Luna asked, curious.

"Well, it's Amber." You said, you're doomed now! It will be awkward.

You waited for a while and then heard a chuckle. it was from Amber. 

"Well, I thought of that too when I first saw you. You were staring me down once you saw me." Amber said in English, making the two of them clueless. This made you blush more. 

"Well, that's predictable." Luna said, setting that question aside.

"Anyway, unnie said that you're her friend. So she met you in the university?" Sulli asked, confused why you're in university already.

"uhm yes. I'm here on a scholarship actually." 

"WHAT? YOU'RE A SCHOLAR?!?!" They all exclaimed.

"Haha, yeah." 

"That's really amazing! What's your major?" Amber asked.

"BS Psychology." 

"Daebak! Tanya ssi, jjang!" Luna said as she gave you two thumbs up.

"Wait, you're younger than me. Why are you in university already?" Sulli said in shock, realizing that you're younger than her.

"Well, in the Philippines, the educational system is totally different. When one's three or four years old, you attend kindergarten. Then after a year, pre school. And when you're six years old, you enter grade school or primary school that's up to grade four. When you're in grade 5, you enter middle school. That's up to grade 7. And then you graduate. Then there are 4 years of high school. Junior and Senior years, combined. And then four years of college." You explained to them.

"So how old were you when you entered primary school?"

"6 years old." You said to them. They then did their maths and blurted out. "You graduated when you were 13 years old?'

"yeah. And I entered high school when I was 13 years old." 

"so that mean you graudated high school when you were 16 years old?" Luna asked, shocked.

"yeah."

"And you're 18 years old now so that mean you're in second year in university!?!" Sulli blurted out, raising her tone due to shock.

"Uhm yeah." You said as you scratched your nape.

"Wow, that's really amazing! I'm so jealous! I'm still in my senior year!!" She complained.

"Haha, that's okay. Once you get into university, you will regret it." You .

"But that's really amazing!" Luna said, amazed.

"Oh, can you sing, dance, rap or anything?" Amber suddenly asked.

"uhm, I'm not really comfortable doing those things in front of an audience." You muttered.

"Why? But you can sing or dance or rap right?" Luna said.

"Uhm, I can but my skills are not superb like yours." You said with shame.

"Haha, no need to be insecure! We're just asking. We can tell the president about you!" Sulli said.

"Uhm, there's no need for that. I just want to concentrate on my studies for a while since I'm in a government sponsored scholarship remember?" 

"Ohh, right." they all said.

"Where the hell are those two?" Luna said, being her impatient self.

"We're back!!" You heard Vitoria's voice.

"Where have you been?" Luna asked.

"Well, I just talked to Krystal. Didn't I?" She nudged Krystal.

"Unnie!" she said with irritation in her voice.

"Okay, do your thing!" She said in a stern voice. You looked at Victoria, she was smiling but she's scary for sure.

You then noticed krystal approaching you. 

"uhm, Tanya ssi, I'm so sorry if I was being rude to you a while ago." She said in English. Oh yeah, you forgot. She was born in the States.

"Oh, that's okay. Don't worry. Of course you will feel that way since I'm a stranger. Trust me, it's okay." You said as you gave her an assuring smile.

She then returned your smile. You weren't used to her eing like that since you thought she was the second Ice Princess. Guess I just melted an ice.

"I'm really sorry. Hope it's not too late for you to forgive me. Truce?" She said as she outstretched her hand.

"Truce." You said as you shook her hand.

The rest were just watching the two of you. Amber was smiling, understanding every since word you both uttered. She's relieved that the both of you are in good terms already.

"What did I say about speaking in KOREAN?! Well, even though I didn't understand any word you were saying. WIth the looks of it, I'm sure you're in good terms now. Am I right?" She asked, eyeing the both of you.

"Of course we are! Right Tanya ssi?" Krystal said as she placed her arms on your shoulders.

"Soojung ah, I'm pretty sure that you need to call her unnie as well." Sulli said in a "matter of fact" tone.

"Seriously?" Krystal looked at you, waiting for an answer.

"Well, it's true. Dongsaeng." you said with a laugh.

"wow, I didn't know that you were older than me!" Krystal said with a laugh.

"Well, looks can be deceiving." You said, garnering another laugh from her.

"Okay besites, that's enough. We need to pack our things now since EXO members are coming over already." Luna said as she went to the bench and started packing her things.

"EXO?" You blurted out.

"Yeah, they're our hoobaes. They're coming over in well, 3, 2, 1."

"Sunbaes, we're here!" Voices were heard.

 

A/N

Well, since Krystal's Jessica's younger sister, it's acceptable that she can be an "Ice Princess" too right? Hehe, EXO came into the picture! :D