Accepted, seriously?!?

Destiny's Wheel

You were surfing the net when a random advertisement popped out. You squinted your eyes and read the words written on it. 

"Be a scholar and study in Korea, now!"

You were curious so you clicked the link written below it. It directed you to the Korean Embassy.

"Oh, what the hell is this?" You asked yourself as you continued scrolling down. You then saw an announcement. 

"Korean Government offering scholarships." You then clicked it and read through the requirements. 

After a few minutes

"Omg, I'm qualified!" You exclaimed in excitement and happiness. "Guess I need to get all of my credentials and then file it already. Hope I'll be accepted. Oh, I need to tell mom about this!" You said to yourself as you went down and immediately told your mom.

"Omma!" You said as you tapped her shoulder.

"Yah, Tanya! You scared the hell out of me! And how many times do I need to tell you to call me "Mom" instead of "Omma?" 

"uhm okay MOM." You said as you mocked her.

"Are you mocking me?" she said as he put her hands on her waist.

"Of course not. I just want to tell you something!" You said as you began jumping up and down.

"What is it?" She asked as she continued with her baking.

"Well, I saw an ad in the internet..." you were about to continue when she cut you.

"And what ad is that?" 

"Scholarship ad." You said as you helped her molding the dough.

"What? Really? Where? File your credentials already!" She said as she stopped with the molding and faced you, excitement and happiness also seen in her face. 

"Uhm, that's the problem. It's a scholarship in Korea." You said, whispering the last part.

"What, in Korea??! No, you're not going there!" She said while continuing with her job.

"Aish, omma. Please?" You said as you tugged her arms and did some aegyo.

"That won't work on me." She shrugged. 

"Please? I really want to go there, plus I'm really qualified. Remeber that I got a 97% average last year? And I already have an advantage over the others since I can speak the language already. Please? I'll be going to the Embassy tomorrow and file the requirements." You said as yo gave her a heart-warming smile.

"god, alright alright." She said in defeat. 

"YAAAAY!!" You said as you hugged your mom tight.

The Next Morning

"Tanya, do I need to come with you?" You bestfriend, Mimi whined. 

"Of course you need to! Now let's go." You said as you pulled her towards the entrance of the embassy.

You went to the front desk and informed them that you're here to submit your requirements.

"Okay, just wait here. We're still going to evaluate you and you're going to undergo an interview in a while." The girl at the front desk said as he got hold of your folder and went inside a room.

"I guess that's where the Consul  is." Mimi pointed.

"I guess so too. Now we just have to wait." You said as you went to sit down, seeing several people as well.

After 2 hours.

"Tanya Lee." The same girl announced your name.

"Here!" You said as you raised your hand. "Follow me." She said as she started walking towards a secluded room. "Wait here. I'll be back in a jiffy." You said to your bestfriend as you followed the girl and entered the room. "The Consul wants to talk to personally." she said in English as she opened the glass door separating you from your dream.

You entered the room, it was just a small yet cozy room, designed with both Filipino and Korean accents. "Sit down." A voice ordered you and you sat down, just centimetres away from the Consul himself.

"I'm assuming you're Korean?" He asked you in Korean.

"Yes. Actually, I'm half Korean, 1/4 chinese and 1/4 Filipino." You answered him in perfect Korean.

"Oh, you're pretty fluent in Korean, considering that you grew up here." He said in awe while looking trhough your file. "And it says here that your Father is Korean but left you when you were 3 years old. Is that correct?" He said eyeing you for a quick answer. 

"Yes sir. But I've been learing the language on my own, that's why I'm pretty fluent." You answered him while smiling.

"Great. And my secretary told me that you're interested in our goverment sponsored scholarship, why so?" He said as he placed your files on top of the table and looked at you intently, waiting for you to answer.

"Since I've been deprived ever since I was young the chance to get to know more about my father's culture, language and country, this scholarship will be a great oppurtunity for me to do that. Even though I don't remember who my father is, getting to know more about his culture, it's like I'll be getting to know his better as well." You said seriously while looking at his eyes directly.

"Is that so? And do you think you're qualified? Being a government sponsored scholar is not a joke. You have to be capable and serious in all matters. So, you think you're qualified?"

"To be honest sir, I think I'm qualified. I'm pretty sure that you've seen my portfolio already and have seen my grades. It's not that high since I wasn't close to being serious last year, but I did my best to attain those grades."

"Okay. So with that, are you saying that we'll accept you?"

"If that's the case or if that happens, it will be a great honor sir."

"Okay." He said as he looked through your profile again. "You're accepted." He  said with a mono tone voice.

It took you some time and then it sunk.

"Omo, are you serious?!" You exclaimed, startling him as well.

"Didn't I say it a while ago? You're accepted." He said while flashing a smile.

"Omg, thank you so much sir!!" You said as you stood up and bowed at him,

"Okay, sit down for a while. There are rules to be followed." He said as he gave you a book. "You need to read over that book and understand every single rule. You'll be  leaving next week since classes will start in two weeks and you still need to adapt so we're giving you time to do that. Inform your mother already since she needs to sign a waver and contract. Be back here on Friday. You can go now. Congratulations." He said as he pointed at the door.

"Thank you so much!!!!" You said as you gave him a bow again and left. 

 

A/N

Violet=Korean

Black letters=English