Compromise

Destiny's Wheel

After you talked to Kai, you approached the girl who's name is Lina. You weren't close with her but you at least know that she's also a scholar like you who came from China. 

"Lina, do you have a place to stay already?" You asked a little bit worried about her.

"I don't know yet. How about you?" She asked as she continued to sulk. 

"Uhm, yes. I just talked with one of my friends. Want to come with me?" You offered her.

"No, it's okay. Maybe I could just contact one of my mom's friends. She just lives near here. Thanks though for the offer." She said as she gave you a small yet sincere smile. 

"Okay, just contact me okay? Here's my number. I got to go and talk to Ms. Shim. Take care!" You said as you handed her a piece of paper and went to look for Ms. Shim.

You were searching for her through the crowd until you saw her talking with one of the school officials.

"Where will they stay  now?" She asked, her raising up a bit.

"I don't know. It will take several months to restore this place. I guess it's better if they find a new place to stay in." The official said.

"WHAT?! Don't you know that all the students staying here are either from the province or abroad?! Haven't you thought of the possibility that they don't know anyone here?!" She exploded and vented out her anger and stress.

"Of course. I'm pretty much aware of that Ms. Shim. But we couldn't do anything. Don't worry. We'll provide a place for them to stay at. We will look for a new dorm for them. Exucuse me, I have to go now." The officer said as he excused himself and left. 

Ms. Shim just sighed and sat on the curb. "What will I say to them now?" She asked herself. 

You then approached her and sat beside her.

"Ms. Shim I guess it's better if you will agree with what the representative said earlier. As for me, I would stay with my friend for a while. I already talked to hi..her. She said that she would pick me up in a while. is that okay?" 

"Is that so? I guess that would be better. It's so good of her to offer you a place to stay. Arasso. Take care and keep in touch okay?" She said as she gave you a smile, relieved that you already have a place to stay at. 

"Okay, I'll be going now. Thank you so much and see you!" You bowed to her and then walked towards the cafe near your dorm. 

While walking, you can't help but ponder on the possibilies and consequences of staying with exo. Will their manager allow you to stay with them? What will the fans say if they'll get to know that a girl is staying at their dorm? Would you be hated by their fans? 

You were in deep thought that made you bump into someone. 

"Watch where you're going." The guy who had an icy glare said. 

"I'm so sorry." You apologized as you bowed to him.

"Tsk." He just shoved you off and then walked away. 

"What an arrogant guy." You muttered in irritation and then entered the cafe. 

You rumaged through your bag and felt glad when you saw the gift you got from your mother before leaving the Philippines.

"Thought I forgot this in the dorm. Thank God." You said as you hugged the picture that your mother gave you. 

You took out your wallet and went over the counter and bought something. You then sat down by the window and waited for Kai. 

While you were in daze, you felt your phone vibrate. It was a call from Victoria. You then answered your phone.

"Mei Mei! Are you okay?!" She roared with worry in her voice. 

"Yes jie, I'm completely fine. Good thing I wasn't inside the building when the fire happened." You informed her.

"That's good to hear! Oh, where are you going to stay now? If you like, I could inform the manager and let you stay here." She continued blabbling.

"Aniyo. There's no need for that. I talked with Kai oppa a while ago and he said that he'll inform the managers and president about my situation. Thanks for the offer though." 

"Is that so? Good thing that kid is doing something great. TIme for him to change. Anyway, got to go now mei. Take care! Oh, keep in touch okay?" She said as she hung up.

Now you were lonely again. You patiently waited for Kai to arrive while playing with your phone. 

Kai's POV

After talking with Tanya, I approached the managers and told them about her situation. 

"Hyung, is it okay for Tanya to stay with us? She doesn't know anyone here and I feel obliged to take care of her." I said as I patiently waited for hyung to answer. 

One of their managers glared at me and him. "Do you like her?" 

"Of course not. Well, I like her but only in a platonic way. Don't think of anything else. I just want to help her as a friend." 

"Well, for me it's okay. what do you guys say?" One of  the hyungs agreed and asked the others. 

"It's okay for us. But you have to talk to the president himself. We couldn't just act immediately. We don't want to lose our jobs Jongin-ah." The strictest manager said.

"Arasso hyung. I'll talk to him personally. Thank you for understanding." I said as I gave them a small bow and went outside. I went to the roof to call the president on the phone. Yeah, I knew the number of the president just because. 

After 3 rings, Lee Sooman answered. "Oh Jongin-ah, what do you want?" I then informed him of what happened to Tanya. 

"Is that so? Arasso. I'll let her stay with you guys." He finally agreed to me.

"Thank you." 

"Not so fast. In one condition though" 

"Aish, what is that?" I asked irritated with his actions.

"She needs to work as your coordi." He stated flatly.

"WHAT?! She's studying. She can't work for us!" I roared.

"That or nothing, Jongin-ah." 

"Fine. I'll tell her that." I answerred him and then hung up. 

"What the . So she needs to work for us now?" I muttered angrily as I went down the stairs. 

"I was about to open the door already when one of the manager hyungs popped up in front of me."

"AISH! HYUUNG!" I screamed as I was shocked. 

"What did the president say?" 

"He said yes. BUT! She needs to work for us. As coordi." I told him as I went inside the dorm.

"Oh, that's better than hearing a heartless "No" isn't it?" Manager hyung said as he followed me after closing the door.

"I guess so. Oh, can you drive for me hyung? Have to pick her up now. Are the others still sleeping?" I asked as I got my hoodie for disguise. 

"Yeah, they're sleeping like pigs right now." Hyung said as he snickered. 

"Guess I just have to surprise them." I said as I smirked and went out the dorm. 

 

A/N

Short update! Sorry guys. :D