Goodbyes

Destiny's Wheel

Six days has passed and you're about to leave tomorrow.

"Mom, where the hell is my pillow speaker?!?" You shouted as you were rummaging through your wardrobe.

"IT'S THERE! JUST LOOK FOR IT! LOOK UNDER YOUR BED!" You heard your mom yell.

"Aish, it's not here either. Maybe it's under my bed." You mumbled as you closed your closet.

"FOUND IT?" 

"DEH! AND I'M ALREADY DONE PACKING!" You yelled as you were closing your luggage.

"OKAY, COME DOWN NOW AND EAT!" She yelled once again.

You were about to go down already when you got a call.

"OY, AREN'T YOU GOING TO SAY GOODBYE TO US?!?!" You heard your friend bestfriend's voice from the other line.

"Yah, who said I won't? It's still early for God's sakes! Let's meet after lunch okay?" You said to her while going down the stairs. 

"Alright. See you! I'll just text you where to meet me okay?" 

"Okay okay. See you!" You said as you hung up.

"Who's that?" Your mom asked as entered the dining room and placed the food on the table. 

"Mimi. She said that I need to say goodbye to them. So we're meeting after lunch." You said as you sat down and began eating.

"Yah, you forgot to pray!" She said as he hit your head and sat down.

"Aigoo, fine." You said as you did the sign of the cross and continued eating.

After an hour

"Mom, I'm leaving now! I might come home a little bit late." You said as you kissed her and went to the door.

"Wait, do you have money?" She asked you as she got her bag. You smiled. Since you need a little bit of cash, you lied. "Uhm, it's not enough." You said as you went near her. "Okay, here. Spend it wisely okay? And take care. See you later!" She said as she gave you a peck on the cheek.

"Okay, I'm going!" You said as you went out of the door. 

After 30 mins.

You arrived at your designated meeting place, yet, no one was there. You called your bestfriend who was supposed to be there already.

"Hey, where are you!?!" You shouted through the phone.

"We're on our way already. I got stuck in the traffic. We'll be there in 5 mins." She answered.

"Okay. I'll wait here." You said as you hung up.

After 5 mins.

"Aish, why isn't she here yet?" You said as you began tapping your foot out of boredom.

Then there was a suspicious van in front of you. 

"Omo, where the hell is she? I might get kindapp--" You mumbled but were cut when someone covered your mouth with a hankerchief and blindfolded you.

You tried to scream but it was no use since your mouth was covered with a hankerchief. You were then dragged into the van and it speedily drove off.

While inside the van, you didn't hear anything and that even made you scared. You were on the verge of crying when you were dragged again. You then heard some iron gates open and you were made to sit on a couch while they removed the handkerchief. 

You then heard some unusual noises. 

"Who's there?" You shouted, trying to be brave. But the truth is, you were scared as hell. No one answered.

'I said who's there?!?" You shouted again, this time louder. 

After a few minutes, the blindfold was removed. You blinked once and realized that it was still dark.

"Yah, who the hell is it?!" You shouted, this time more confident. 

Then you heard some noises and was startled. 

"The is this." You hissed at no one. Then seconds after, the lights were and you saw your friends in front of you..You were really shocked at first and you weren't able to talk.

"Are you okay?" Mimi then went near you.

"What's this?" You managed to say.

"It's our surprise despedida(farewell party.) for you. Everyone's gathered." She said while pointing at you friends.

Silence.

"Are you okay?" She asked again since she was worried that you might be traumatized from what happened earlier. The truth is, you were really traumatized. 

"YAH!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARED I WAS A WHILE AGO?!" You began shouting.

"Sorry. We just wanted to surprise you." she said as she hugged you.

"Aish!" You said as you hugged her back and cried on her shoulders.

"We're really sorry, Tanya." Lance, one of your friends came near you and hugged you as well.

You were still crying not only because of what happened earlier, but the fact that you're leaving tomorrow and leaving them behind made you more upset. Of course, there's no turning back anymore since you've signed the contract already. And you really want to go to Korea to know more about the culture of your father. But the thought of being alone and lonely in Korea, without your friends made you depressed. 

You just continued crying while one by one, they were comforting you. All of your friends were there, comforting you one by one, hugging and kissing you. *I'll surely miss this.* You thought as tears continued falling down from your eyes.

After 5 minutes.

"Yah, stop crying now! We've prepared a lot for you! And we need to spend the remaining time with each other right? Come on, let's play!" She said as she pulled you towards the arcade section.

Well, you were in an abandoned gym which they rented out. They also rented out a mobile bar, sound system, arcade games and of course ordered some food.

After 4 hours. 

"I guess it's time for me to bid farewell. You know that I'm not that good in expressing myself in words right? But I'm going to try my best now. First of all, I want to say thank you to each and everyone of you for being my friend. We've known each other since we were in 1st  grade and now we're all like siblings. I'm an only child and never have I experienced playing with a sister or brother. Or the mere fact of having a sibling. And then I met you guys. I was different from most of you since I'm not pure Filipino. But depite that fact, you still accepted and loved me. We would play with one another, tell jokes or just hang out with one another. Although I may not have pleased everyone of you, you were still there for me, through the good and bad times. And with that, I'm really grateful. Even though I'm in Korea already, we can still contact each other through internet, calls right?" You said the last part with a laugh, but you were still crying.

"Of course we can!" All of them said in unison.

"I just have a favor to ask you. Is that okay?" You said with faint smile. They all nodded. "Will you take care of my mom and Mimi?" You said as you looked at Mimi, who was crying as well.

"Of course we will!" Lance, your male bestfriend said.

"I trust each and everyone of you. Like I said earlier, we're a family. And no matter how far we are from one another, we will still have that connection, the bond, memories and love for one another. And I will cherish that forever." You said as you broke down.

"Group hug!" Lance shouted and everyone went near you just to hug you.

Your friends were one by one leaving, with sad and devastated expression plastered on their faces. 

"Want me to take you home?" Lance offered.

"How about Mimi?" You said as you looked around, not finding a trace of Mimi.

"She just left with Geoff. He offered her a ride. Now, will you decline me offer?" He teased you with his smile. Lance is your male bestfriend, but you realized that you liked him more than a brother, a friend. You have a crush on Lance but were scared to confess to him. And now you're regretting since you'll be leaving in a few hours without even telling him your feelings. I guess that's God's will already. If you're meant to be, no matter how long it is, you will still feel the same. 

"Hello?" He said as he waved his hand in front of you.

"Sorry. If you insist, why would I decline right?" You said with a smile and then linked arms with him.

"Let's go!" You said as the both of you started walking towards his car.

After 15 mins

"We're here!" He said as he turned off the engine. You were about to go out when he pulled you into a hug. You were really shocked with the gesture.

"What--" But you were cut by him. "I know it's too late already, but don't leave me." He said as he began crying.

You then broke the hug and wiped his tears while smiling.

"I need to." You said you pat his head.

"No, you have a choice. Just make the right decision." He said as he shook your shoulders.

"I already did."

"But--"

"No more buts. I've decided already. If you really love me as a sister, you'll support my decision." 

"But I don't love you as a sister! I love you as a woman!" He shouted, which shocked you since he's always the gentle type.

"Lance."

"I'm serious. So, don't leave me okay?" He pleaded with his puppy eyes.

"I've decided already. And I'm expecting you to support my decision. And if you really love me, you're willing to wait. So, wait for me until I come back okay?" You said you hugged him.

"I promise." He said as he pat your back,

"I'm expecting you not to break that okay? And please, take care of my mom and mimi okay?" You said as you opened the door.

"I guess this is goodbye, for now." YOu said to him before closing the door.