Departure

Destiny's Wheel

You unlocked the door surprised with the fact that your mother isn't in front of you. You were about to go up already when you heard your mom.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked with an angry voice while sitting on the couch. She the stared at you "Where have you been? Do you know what time is it already?" She said while holding onto the book that she has been reading.

"Mom, I had a farewell party with my friends okay. And it's only 8 o'clock for Pete's sakes! Now if you don't mind, I'll go rest already. I'll be leaving at 6 am tomorrow if you don't remember. Good night." You said as you went up to your room.

You weren't able to fall asleep because of sadness and excitement at the same time. You were just staring at the ceiling for a long time, thinking about the memories in this room, with your family, friends, schoolmates and most expecially, Lance.

"You have to wait for me. You promised me that." You mumbled before drifting to sleep. 

 

"Tanya, wake up now!" Your mom said while shaking you.

"Five more minutes." You mumbled while shifting your position.

"Hey, it's already 2:30! It takes an hour for us to arrive there! And you still have to check in your bags! Faster!" she said while continuously shaking you. 

"Okay, I'm getting up now." You mumbled, half asleep while you walked to your comfort room.

After 15 mins

"All set?" Your mom asked you while holding onto her bag and car keys.

"Yes." You said as you took a last look at your house. 

*I'm going to miss this* 

After an hour.

"You have your passport and ticket with you right?" Your mom asked.

"Yeah." You answered her with a yawn.

"You have everythign with you? Winter clothes?" 

"Mom, it's spring over there already! I only need sweaters for the meantime. And yes, I brought 4 pairs of winter clothes. But don't   worry, I can buy additional clothes over there."

"Are you sure you'll be okay all alone?" She asked while fixing your hair.

"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore! I'm 18 years old for Pete's sake, of course I can take care of myself already!" You said proudly.

"I trust you. Don't forget to take care of yourself alright? Don't forget to take your vitamins so that you won't get sick there. Remember, you stll don't know anyone there. You don't have any rights to get sick over there. Alright?" She said while patting your shoulders.

"Of course, Mom. I won't.. Now, I have to go isnide already. I still have to check in my luggages, remember?" You said to her.

"Arasso, take care. I'll miss you. See you soon!" She said as she gave you a tight hug.

"Mom, don't you dare cry. You look ugly when you do. I have to go now." You said with your teeth clenched, preventing yourself from crying.

Your mom then broke the hug. 

"Good luck with your studies. And take care." She said as she gave you a peck on the cheek.

"I'm going now." You said as you started walking towards the entrance.

"Tanya!" You mom shouted and you looked back.

"I love you" She mouthed with a flying kiss.

"I love you too." You mouthed as you entered the entrance.

As soon as your mom was out of sight, you began crying. You were cying because you felt selfish and left your mother all alone just to look for your father. Of course, you were happy that you received a scholarship, but guilt was strting to build up and drown you.

"I have to do this. Fighting!" you said as you cheered yourself and went to the chek-in section.

You successfully checked in your luggages and now you were only waiting for your flight. You glanced at your watch; 1 and a half hours. 

You took out your Itouch and decided to listen to some songs, of course KPOP. Your playlist was shuffled and the current song that was playing is Ego from Big Bang. Your imagination ran wild and started imagining if you randomly see or meet any idol. Oh, if that;'ll will happen, your life would be complete already. You were so engrossed in your own world when you felt someone tap your shoulder. You removed your earphones and waited for the person to talk.

"Are you going to Korea as well?" He asked you while pointing at your ticket.

"Yeah." You just answered him while looking at you ticekt as well.

"Well, we need to board already. The plane is leaving in 15 minutes." He said while pointing at the gate.

"Omo, seriously!?" You accidentally blurted out in Korean.

"Are you Korean as well?" He asked, amused. 

"Yeah. Let's go in first." You said as you stood up and went inside the gate and straight into the plane. 

"Ticket please." The stewardess said. You gave her your ticket and ushered you to your seat. "Thank you." You said in english since you're too lazy to speak to them in Korean. You have settled down in your seat and started looking for the guy you were talking to a while ago. You looked outside the window when you heard someone say. "Looking for me?" The same guy you were talking to a while ago said and sat down beside you. "Are you sure you're not stalking me?" asked him while eyeing him from head to toe. "And why would I? I sit here." He said as he pointed at his seat. "If you say so. Just don't dsturb me okay?" You said in english and stared at the window again.

"Ladies and gentlemen. We are about to depart already. Please fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the flight. Expeted time of arrival in Seoul is 4 hours. Sit back and relax. This is your Captain Mr. Kim speaking. Good Morning." The voice that's supposed to be the captain said through the PA. You checked if your seatbelt is tightly fastened. After a minute, the plane started to move and depart. You were stiff as stone since it's been a long time since you last rode a plane. "Nervous?" The guy said while chuckling. "Shut up." You hissed. "As you say." He said as he laid back his head and closed his eyes.

When you felt that the plane was at a stable atlitude, you reclined your seat and drifted to sleep.

After 3 hours. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are experiencing a turbulence right now. We expect you to straighten your seats and fasten your seatbelts." The captain said through the PA.

"Aish." You heard someone say. You looked at your right and saw the guy being stiff.

"Nervous?" You said, mocking him.

"Shut up" He said, contnuing to be stiff. 

"Haha, do you want to play a game to get rid of that feeling of yours?" You excitedly said while facing him.

"I'm not in the mood to that right now." 

"Oh come on, we still have an hour to play that game! And we both look like that we're bored. so why not right?" You said with pleading eyes.

"Aish, fine. What game?" He asked as he looked at you.

"Getting to know you game. You're Korean right?" You asked, starting the game.

"Yeah. And I assume you're also Korean." He said while staring at you.

"Ddaeng. You're wrong. Well, technically. Since I'm half Korean and 1/4 Chinese and 1/4 Filipino." You said with a smile.

"Woah. What a great combination. And why are you going to Korea now?" He threw you a question.

"Uhm, scholarship. And you?" 

"Wow, scholarship, e? I'm going back home. Scholarship in what school?" 

"Seoul university. Why were you in the Philippines anyway?" 

"Wow, that's great! To study English. What major?" 

"BS Psychology. Study english? Interesting, that's the explanation why you're comfortable with English. Why are you going home?"

"BS Psychology? Amazing! Me? To continue my studies. Where will you stay?" 

"Dorm. Great, in what Universtiy?"

"Oh. Seoul University as well. i bet you have allowances right?"

"Of course we have. What major?" 

"Same as yours."

"Really? That's great!"

"Why is it great?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"It's because you're my first friend in Korea and we have the same major!" You exclaimed while clapping your eyes.

"Psh, who said we're friends?" He said while staring at you with a serious face.

"Eh, aren't we friends?" You asked with a frown.

He then laughed at your cute expression.

"Hahaha, I'm just joking! Of course we are!" He said with a happy tone!"

"YAY!" You exclaimed.

"SHH!" The others said, disturbed by your noise. 

"HAhaha." You both laughed quietly.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we're landing in 20 mintues." The captain said through the PA.

"Hey, how old are you? He asked after the announcement.

"Are we still playing the game?" 

"If you insist. Now, answer me!" 

"Okay, I'm 18. You?" 

"Same as you. When is your birthday?" 

"April 13." 

"Seriously? Then call me oppa!"

"And why will I call you oppa? I'm bet I'm older than you!"

"Wrong, I'm a day older than you. Now, call me oppa." 

"Psh, I don't even know your name yet! " You said as you playfull slapped his arms.

"You be the first one." He said, waiting for you to answer him.

"Psh, I'm Tanya Lee." You said as you extended your hand.

"Oh Sehun." He said with a smile as he shook your hand.