Chapter Nine

What is Love.

The moment Yoomi entered , you immediately straightened up and tried to get out of Baekhyun's reach , already feeling the anger radiating from her . But , with the bad luck you've been having lately , you accidentally bumped foreheads with him . On impulse , you reached for him and asked if he was okay , with Yoomi glaring daggers at you the entire time .

 

Baekhyun slapped your hand away and gave you a look .

 

"Don't touch me ."

 

You paused and gulped , not knowing what to do . The situation had turned so awkward since Yoomi entered . She just gave you a scoff , and gave Baekhyun a peck on the lips before going off to find a nurse for her bleeding knee .

 

You looked over at Baekhyun , who now had a stone hard expression on his face . You didn't want to upset him any further so you just got up and excused yourself . Suddenly , you felt a grasp on your wrist . You looked down to see who it was . Baekhyun . He wasn't even looking at you , but facing the opposite way . His grip on you was like steel .

 

"Sit down ." He ordered , and you sat down immediately , not wanting to face his wrath either . He released his grip and continued looking into nowhere while you awkwardly sat there . Not knowing what to do , you played with your fingers , and looked down .

 

The two of you were back to back . It was extremely awkward . You cleared your throat a couple of times , trying to make some conversation , but he never replied back .

 

When the nurse decided to let you go back to class after resting , you immediately stood up and ran up to the door , not even caring if Baekhyun was behind you or not . After thinking about how he had treated you back there just because of his girlfriend hurt you enough . You didn't want anything to do with him anymore . While you were running back into the classroom , trying to get ride of your tears, you felt someone yank on your pony tail .

 

The person slammed you into the wall and you whimpered at the pain .

 

Yoomi...

 

"Listen .. ." She snarled . "I don't know what you were doing with my man , but get your filthy hands off him and stay away . From both of us ."

 

She gave you a hard shove and walked away . You sunk down to the ground and just sat there , not knowing anything to do , you started crying . Your tears were echoing down the hallways , but that was the least of your worries . Knowing you couldn't present yourself like this in front of Mr. Lee , you went up to the nurse again saying that you felt really sick , and she gave you a pass to go home .

 

But instead of going straight home , you went to your job at the ice cream shop . You were three hours early , but it didn't really matter . You could always earn more money . When you walked in the shop , your boss greeted you and you headed back into the storage room to start cleaning up first before the afternoon rush came . Walking into the closet , you spotted the broom and grabbed it , memories flooding back to you that night .

 

Kai...

 

You remembered the first encounter with him when he knocked you down to the floor and the two of you hid under the table for whatever reasons . You frowned a bit , now remembering what he had told you today . Those words were harsh , and although you knew that he was wrong , you couldn't help but let yourself get affected by what he said .

 

I don't get it .. really .. why would he just assume that I would do the worse ? Are his expectations of people really that low ? I wonder what happened ..

 

 

The more you started to clean around the shop , each area gave you a nostaligic feel and a small flashback . 

 

He pulled you closer to him while he inched back towards the seat , trying to hide away from whoever was now in the ice cream shop . This time , you remained still and obeyed the man, as you heard chairs toppling over and tables turning . Your heart was in your throat and you felt like you couldn't breathe as you saw a foot near the table you were .

 

 

You shook your head , trying to get all these memories away from you . The rest of the day wasn't too well either . A lot of customers had treated you unfairly , they didn't even clean up the mess and some even had the courage to feel you up while you were serving .

 

It annoyed you to the limits but you couldn't do anything but smile and pretend that it didn't happen . And everything you saw just had to remind you of your father . It was definitely one of your wore days . When your shift finally ended , you headed home . 

 

Sadly , you trudged towards your house , suddenly remembering that you had left all your belongings in the classroom . You didn't really care though . If your father was going to be dead in a couple of weeks , there would be no point in living . When you reached your home , you slowly reached into your purse only to find that you didn't bring it with you , meaning , you had no key to the house . Your dad was still in the hospital so you had no way of getting into your house now .

 

 

Your mood was brought down even further . You started wandering around the neighborhood and before you knew it , you had walked into a dark alleyway . Ones that you usually tried to stay away from . Looking around , you tried to find a way out , but it proved to be difficult . These parts of town were like mazes .

 

You kept on wandering around , trying to find the way out . It was already dark outside and you were getting scared . Every person walking near you seemed too intimidating to approach , let alone ask for directions . You couldn't believe what a terrible day you were having . All you wanted to do now was just crawl into bed with a tub of ice cream and cry yourself to sleep .

 

Ha .. You thought . Kai , where is he ? Isn't he going to save me like he always does ? Oh yeah , cause he definitely told me he was going to rescue me . You thought sarcastically to yourself .

 

Walking a bit further , a couple of men approached you . They looked around their mid-forties and were smoking cigarettes .

 

"Hey cutie , I've never seen you before ." A large man with a bald head choked out as he took another whiff of his cigarette . You could smell it even from a couple of feet away and scrunched up your nose . The man took notice of that and walked closer , lifting up your chin . You held in your breath and closed your eyes , his ugly face too much to take in .

 

"Hey .. what's wrong ? You lost cutie ?" He asked . "How 'bout you hang with us for awhile , we'll get you back home ." He chuckled and you could see the smoke coming out from his mouth ."

 

"N-No thank you .." You whimpered softly , really wishing that there was someone here that could save you ."

 

"You .. sure..?" He asked , smirking as his other companions came forth towards you . Your knees started trembling as they advanced towards you . One of the men grabbed for your arm and you pulled back shrieking . They cornered you to a wall and you tried to push yourself back as far as you could , trying to keep a distance away from these men . 

 

"Now now .. there's no need to fight back , little girl . We'll be sure to keep you company . For awhile ." The trio of men started chuckling .

 

"L-Leave me alone .." You demanded , with no confident whatsoever . They just laughed and continued to grab at you . You swatted one of them with your purse and kicked the other in the face . His face turned into one of anger and he grabbed your arm , which you tried to yank out , but it was futile . Luckily , you were wearing good combat boots today and managed to stomp down on his foot .

 

He let go of you immediately and you took off running . However , one of the male pulled you back by the waist . You elbowed him hard and he fell back , but quickly got a hold of you again . He restrained your arms and put a hand over your mouth , which left you useless and unable to defend .

 

"Tsk tsk ... you know , cuties like you should just learn how to shut up and appreciate what they've got , he whispered into your left ear . You could feel his breath on your neck and it gave you goosebumps . As much as you tried to struggle , it was futile . However , you someone managed to kick your knee in between his legs .

 

Quickly , you bit his fingers hard and he pulled back . It was then you turned around and landed a solid punch into his face . Without even thinking , you ran back and sailed a flying kick to the other two men before running out of the alleyway like the wind , as if death was chasing after you .

 

Finally finding an exit .you felt an arm grab you around the waist and pull you back . He slammed you back to the wall hard . You managed to see what he looked like before he put a cloth over your mouth and nose . It wasn't the men before ..

 

 

 

You were slowly losing consciousness and you felt really dizzy . You closed your eyes , and the last thing you could remember before slipping off to unconscious was the man dragging you somewhere .