Chapter Eight

What is Love.

It was another typical day of school for you . You made up your mind , and decided not to tell Eunha about what you saw at the hospital at Kai . It was because you didn't want her to bother you about the whole love triangle thing , and , you felt like it was a secret that he let no one know . You felt a little happiness knowing that you were probably one of the few that knew about this .

 

You weren't feeling well either. Knowing that your dad was sick and only had a short time left, you had butterflies in your stomach. You really couldn't think of the future when it would be only you, your dad completely gone from your life.

 

In addition, you also had a fever from walking in the rain yesterday. You would have stayed home, but you thought school was more important and besides, you weren't sick to the point where you couldn't walk.

 

While walking to lunch, you met up with Eunha and the two of you sat at your usual spot. Suddenly, you felt a strange presence behind your back. You heard someone call "Aye you." You turned around and saw Kai staring at you. For a moment, you thought it was a mistake. There was no way, Kai, the kingka would want to talk to you. Unless...it was about the car accident from yesterday.

 

You gave him a look and went back to eating lunch, Eunha with super wide owl eyes full of curiosity and excitement.

 

Oh no.. she's definitely going to pester me about this later..

 

Not wanting to deal with both of them, you pushed your lunch tray in front of you and stood up, heading towards the exit. You heard footsteps behind you. "Aye you" again. You tried walking faster. "YOU WITH THE PONY TAIL." This time you stopped, took a deep breath, turned around on your heels and reluclantly walked towards him. 

 

He had a cold expression and told you to follow him. He led you to an empty lot of the school. You didn't know why, but you were a bit scared of him. He had a dark aura that told you to not get too close to him. He was leaning back against the wall.

 

 

"Y-yeah? You want to talk to me?" You spat out the words. 

 

"Why the hell are you getting in my business?" He asked with a harsh voice.

 

"Uhm, what are you talking about. What business?" You put your hands on your hips, frowning a bit. Who was this guy to go and tell you off for something you had no idea about.

 

"Would you stop joking with me? Why do you keep showing yourself in front of me? I know you're doing it on purpose. STOP." Kai spoke , emotionlessly , but his eyes were glaring daggers at you.

 

You didn't even know what he was talking about. After awhile, when you didn't say anything else, he continued.

 

"I saw you with my sister yesterday. What the hell were you doing? Are you trying to use her to get to me? If you want me, then all you have to do is tell me straight up. She's a kid." Kai spat. "Are you that desperate to use a sick little girl? Tch. Disgusting little . You touch her and you're dead." He fiercly glared at you.

 

Furious at his comment, you retorted back.

 

"First of all, I wasn't using your little sister, AT ALL. Okay so just because I happened to be nice to her you accuse me of using her? Well I'm sorry to disappoint, but not everyone is a little like you think they are." You glared at him. When you realized he wasn't going to say anything, you took a deep breath and continued.

 

"Second of all, about the car accident incident, you didn't have to save me. In fact, you could have just let the car crash me. I'm better off dying, there's no point in living without my dad so STOP accusing me. It hurts." You felt like crying, being accused of doing nothing wrong, and having to bring your father into the argument. Kai didn't even seem to be affected.

 

"Stop lying." He snarled. "I don't even trust you one bit. Stop telling all these stupid excuses that you think I would believe. I don't want to see you anymore. Never and I mean NEVER appear get in my sight. Again."

 

While he walked passed you, he purposely crashed his shoulders into yours and you staggered back.

 

Before he walked away, you said, "Those are not excuses! You don't even know what I'm going through. You're a jerk. And for your information, I would rather die than even be with you!"

 

You ran back to the school campus before he did. Your eyes were teary, but you managed to hold them in. You couldn't cry now. You couldn't show that you were weak in front of him.

 

You heard the bell rang and walked to your english class. You were too occupied by Kai's hurtful words to pay attention.

 

Suddenly, Mr.Lee yelled," _____! Get up here and get your detention slip and leave my class now!"

 

The class laughed, but you didn't think it was funny at all. If only they felt what you were going through.

 

While walking to the front of the class, you suddenly felt weak. Your kneess were trembling, and you got all dizzy. It was probably due to the fever from the rain. Before you knew it, you fainted and collapsed.

 


 

"Omo! Someone! Take her to the nurse's office!" Mr.Lee yelled to the class.

 

No one offered, so Baekhyun volunteered. He wasn't sure why he volunteered, but something about him told him he needed to help you out. 

 

He bridal carried you to the nurse's office and laid you on the bed. 

 

The nurse checked your pulse and temperature. Baekhyun noticed that your heart rate was very weak and the temperature was 101 degrees.

 

"She must have fainted from a high fever. All she has to do is rest for a while." The nurse left and left Baekhyun and you alone in the room.

 

He curiously stared at you and remembered about yesterday when you also fainted at the hospital. You must always faint and it's always like I'm the prince that ends up saving you.

 

Suddenly, his hand rose and touched your cheek. He was a bit curious to look at your face closely because he never had the chance to observe how you looked like.

 

He your hair away from your face and stared at it. She's actually not bad looking..

 

He suddenly blushed and noticed what he was thinking and mentally slapped himself. He took an ice pack and placed it on your forehead when the door clicked open.

 

He turned around and saw Yoomi bursting through the door yelling in pain.

 

She caught a glimpse of Baekhyun sitting next to you. That ice cream girl...What is he doing here with her?

 

You suddenly woke up from the noise and noticed Yoomi staring at you and Baekhyun intensely with jealousy.