Chapter Twenty-Seven

What is Love.

"Hey _______, do you wanna walk to school with me today?" Baekhyun grabbed his backpack and swung it over his shoulder.

You stared at him for about five seconds and replied, "R-really? You want me to walk with you?" I wonder if he possibly remembered anything from last night...

"Yeah, come on, let's go before we're late." He grabbed your hand and told you to go first. You blushed and awkwardly looked at his hand which was wrapped around your wrist. Baekhyun!! Baekhyun! Why are you making it more awkward for me!?

"But what about Kai?" You asked and suddenly regretted it. Wait, why do I even care for him?

"Are you worried for him?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and stared at you seriously.

"A-aniyo." You quickly turned to the door and walked outside. Oh gosh. What's wrong with me? Why do I keep stuttering? If only Baekhyun didn't say anything last night. Now he's making me feel awkward around him.

"Hey, I told you to wait for me, not leave me." He ran up to you.

You and him didn't say anything while walking. Baekhyun secretly stole glances at you while you did the same. When you and him both accidently looked into each other's eye, you blushed and swiftly threw your head down to the ground. I really need to ask him.

"B-baek-khyun," You paused for a while and continued, "Do you remember what happened last night?" Please say that you don't remember. It'll make me feel a lot better...

"What do you mean? We were just celebrating your birthday last night."

"Do you know what you did at the party?"

Baekhyun thought for a while and yelled,"Oh! I was drunk. I'm not much of a drinker anyway."

"Yeah you were," You giggled. Does he really not remember? I'll try one more time and if he doesn't then I quit.

"Then do you...remember when you said something to me?" You were too scared to look at his face.

"I don't know what your talking about. But what did you say to me? Was it embarrassing?!"

"A-aniyo." You smiled and quietly sighed. Yeah~ He doesn't remember. Now that the weight was off your shoulder, you walked quickly and ditched him.

"Hey! Why are you going so fast. Tell me. What did I say?" Baekhyun nagged.

"It's nothing embarrassing." You shook your head.

"Then why won't you tell me?"

"Uhh..I don't know. Just don't ask me. Please." You turned around and batted your eyelashes.

When you got to school, girls envied you. No one had ever seen the playful and cheery Baekhyun, not even Yoomi. Whenever he was around Yoomi, he would try to keep his cool and often didn't talk a lot, but would smile there and here. But with you, he wasn't scared to show his other side. He felt comfortable around you and liked talking to you a lot.

"What a . Trying to steal someone who already has a girlfriend."

"Look at her. Disgusting and fake."

They purposely hissed loud enough for you and Baekhyun to hear. You were a bit sad at what these people thought of you, but Baekhyun told you to ignore them.

"BAEKHYUNNIE~" Yoomi came running out of nowhere and tackled Baekhyun. "Hehe, did you miss me oppa?" She was using all her effort to distract Baekhyun from you. She secretly smirked and thought Take that. Just you wait and I'll show you that Baekhyun belongs to me.

You felt awkward, so you decided to leave them alone. Baekhyun, whatever your decision it is with Yoomi, I'll always respect it.

When Baekhyun was finally free from Yoomi's greasy wrath, he searched for you and saw you walking to class. Wow, didn't even say 'bye' to me. 

While walking, you thought you saw someone tall...a height similar to Kris... walking.You shook your head. Stop hallucinating. Why would Kris be here? He goes to a different school. You walked to class and sat at your desk. You put your head down and closed your eyes for a while when suddenly, girls started screaming everywhere. I swear, this school can never be at peace.

You continued to ignore them and when the teacher came, everyone was quiet again.

"Everyone, please be quiet, we have a new student and let's be respectful and hear his introduction."

You still didn't look up until you heard the introduction.

"Hi everyone. My name is Kris."

Oh my god. Cannot be the same Kris I know right? But his deep voice. It has to! You quickly shot your head up. Right before your eyes was no other than the Kris you knew. You noticed that he was staring at you the whole time and you gulped your saliva.

"Kris, please sit next to ______.Please rai-

"Mwoh?!" You accidently said it to loudly. Kris started walking toward you and you blushed like a tomato.

"Hey. Told you we would meet again." He smirked and stared at the teacher.

You didn't know why, but you kept staring at him. "______, pay attention and stop checking him out." The teacher said. The whole class suddenly turned their heads toward you and gave you death glares.

Thanks Mr.Kim...I think I just gained more haters.


Class ended and you started packing up your things. When you were about to walk out of the class, Kris called you back.

"Why are you rushing? What class you have next, so we can walk together."

"Why do you wanna walk with me?" You were shocked that he wanted to walk with you. If you knew how many people actually hated me, then I don't think you would want to.

He didn't answer, so you decided to walk away. "Wait," He ran up to you, "Do you hate me or something? Why are you avoiding me?"

You turned around and gave him a serious look. Sorry Kris, but people will hate you if you hang out with me! "Yeah I hate you and stop following me."

Kris was hurt a little by your words, but he didn't give up so easily. Although I don't know her that much, something just tells me those words were all lies. "Fine hate me, but I still want to be your friend."

"No, Kris," You sighed and decided to tell him the truth. "If you hang out with me, people will hate you. Don't you know? People here hate me and try to avoid me. So you should do the same. I don't want you to be hated by others either."

"I don't care what others think of me. If they hate you then I'll protect you from them." Kris did a slight smile and you melted. That's the nicest thing anyone had ever said to me.

"Alright then. Hang out with me at your own risk. But only because you have no friends." You started walking to the cafeteria and Kris followed you.

When you came to the cafeteria, you heard girls squealing everywhere.

"I wonder why they are screaming." You thought for a bit and realized that it was actually normal for girls to be screaming when EXO K was eating in the cafeteria.

Kris thought, I guess I can't keep them hidden anymore. These girls are crazy.

"Come, I need to show you." Kris led you to the noisy group of girls.

"Yah Kris! Are you crazy? You want to be killed by those fangirls?" You tried pulling him away from the group, but he kept insisting that you should just follow him. This kid wants to die on the first day of school already.

"Aye Kris, you're here!" Chen yelled. Wait, that voice sounds familiar...you thought. As Kris pushed the girls out of the way, you could feel the girls tackling you to get ahold of Kris.

"Kris! Kris! Look, I'm you future wife!" A random girl yelled out. You couldn't help but slightly laugh at her ridiculous comment. You looked up at Kris and saw him roll his eyes.

"Oh my god...You..." You were so shocked to see Kris' five other friends standing in front of him. "W-why are you guys even here...." You pointed at them and turned to Kris. "And I thought you said you didn't have any friends here...You liar!"

"I knew you were gonna call me that. But whatever, I didn't think I could keep them hidden for a long time, especially since they are all so good looking, and that these girls here would probably find them soon. And guess what? My prediction was correct." He smirked and for the first time, you saw his arrogant side.

Good looking? Well if I said they weren't, I'd probably be lying too, but seriously, he's showing off.

"Hey ______! What are you doing there? Get out, you don't belong there! Only girls like us could see them up close like this." A popular and pretty girl shouted in your face.

You didn't know what to say and kept quiet. When you were about to walk out of the crowd, Kris pulled you back and replied defensively, "You guys have no right for insulting her. She's just as good as you are, or even better. And don't ever expect us six to ever befriend you guys because she's the only one for us."

"BOOO!! Get out! You don't even know her. She's a and tries to get every guy here. Just like Baekhyun and Kai!" Another girl shouted out.

Suddenly, EXO K came out of nowhere and girls started screaming again. You suddenly saw Kai walk up to the girl who just shouted. "You," He pointed at her, "Are the most ugliest and disgusting girl in the universe."

The girl gasped and you saw her eyes getting teary. "Just you wait Kai! You were meant to be with me." She turned around to you and EXO M again and said, "And you guys wait for that day when she betrays you, and when that day comes, don't say that I didn't tell you so." And with that, she ran away and her friends followed her.

You noticed that EXO K and EXO M were glaring at each other and you felt like they were fighting over you. Nahh, quit it ______. Why would they fight over you. You're nothing but a burden and an ugly duckling.

"What are you guys doing here at our school?" Suho asked.

"Your school? Who said? Did you claim this school to be yours? I don't think so," Kris spat back.

The whole school was watching the drama while you stood between the two argument. Everyone was confused by the sudden tension between the two good looking groups.

"What? I thought they would be friends or something. I mean good looking people hang out with good looking people right?"

"Do they know each other before already? This is interesting."

"Why is she still standing there? Geez, attention much?"

"Just whatever them. Their old school probably kicked them out." Chanyeol suggested.

"You guys wanna die?" Tao said, ready to use his martial arts skills.

"I think you guys do. Come on ______, come with us," Chanyeol's happy virus affected you and for a second, you forgot all about the situation and walked toward him.

"______! Why are you following them? We're your friends too!" Xiumin yelled.

Ughh...Why is this happening to me? Can't you guys just become friends? I'd probably die and sound conceited for saying this, but this is the only way out. 

"I'll be your friends on one condition. All 12 of of you have to be nice to each others and become friends." You quickly shut your hearing system in case these chaotic boys started screaming at you.

"WHAT?!"

"ARE YOU CRAZY?"

"NEVER IN MY LIFE."

"OVER MY DEAD BODY."

"NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT!"

"Shut up!" You yelled. "Either you guys become friends or I'm leaving!"

"Who does she think she is?"

"Like they'll listen to her."

The boys couldn't take it when they started insulting you, so they quickly shut their mouth and decided to prove those girls wrong.

"Fine, for ______, I'll lose my pride." Tao pouted.

"Treaty then?" You smiled.

They didn't answer, but you knew that they didn't want to accept the fact they had to become friends, so you took that as a yes.

The whole entire time, Yoomi and her friends were watching you, EXO K, and EXO M. Hmm.. Interesting. That new tall guy name Kris right? Well, he's pretty good looking. Let's see if he'll fall for me. She smirked and walked away with her friends.

 


I know this chapter was already posted but because of the roll back, I have to repost it. Since I havent updated in a while, I'll update the next chapter tomorrow. And just a notice, I've been posting chapters every other day, but school is almost starting and I still havent done a lot of my homework. So I will take longer than usual to update. Please forgive me :( If it gets really bad, I might have to go semi-hiatus.