Chapter Fourteen

What is Love.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Kai glared at you then at Baekhyun for an answer. You couldn't move or even say a word. You kept on staring at his bleeding side. You were scared of blood.

 

"I brought her here.You guys know each other?" Baekhyun asked cluelessly.

 

"Yes, I know her and I want her out of our house right now." Kai opened the door wider, giving you permission to leave.

 

"Later. Dude, we gotta get you to a hospital right now. What happened?"

 

"None of your business." Kai growled. He pointed to you while clutching his side. "I want her out. Now."

 

You awkwardly stood there. You couldn't move. The blood was paralyzing you, and you felt like you could faint any second. You clutched your stomach and held onto the couch for support. Baekhyun quickly rushed over to you.

 

"______, what's wrong?"

 

Kai raised his eyebrow.

 

________? So that is her name..

 

"Blood.." You barely managed to say. You slipped a bit, and fell down on your knees. Baekhyun quickly tried to pick you up under your arms. He whispered in your ear.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry. For what it's worth, I don't hate you or anything, alright? I'm gonna drop you off at your house for awhile, I'll come back after he's calmed down. I promise."

 

You couldn't do anything but nod, still terrified of the blood. You clutched the front of his shirt and whimpered a bit. Baekhyun softened and his heart started beating a little faster.  He didn't know why, but it made him feel bad seeing you like this. 

 

"I'll take you home, alright?" Baekhyun offered, now speaking with his normal voice instead of whispering.

 

Kai stared weirdly at Baekhyun.

 

What the...Since when did he care so much for another girl besides Yoomi?

 

Kai just shrugged it off and turned around.

 

"And you!" Baekhyun pointed to Kai. "Don't go anywhere. I'm driving you to the hospital when we get back."

 

"Yeah yeah whatever. Go have fun with your new girlfriend."

 

Baekhyun scoffed and muttered an insult under his breath. Kai just pretended to ignore it and headed off to his room. He threw himself on the bed and restlessly laid there with his eyes closed. The pain in his side still stung a lot, but he didn't care right now. Sumi was probably suffering even more. He could bear with it for awhile until Baekhyun returned.

 


 

When Baekhyun closed the door behind , the two of you looked at each other , and quickly turned away . You started blushing a bit , but Baekhyun , on the other hand , just shrugged it off .

 

"Follow me ." He ordered you , now without any emotion . You were confused . Back in the house , he had treated you so nicely . You wondered what was wrong now .

 

Is he bipolar or something? 

 

On the other hand , Baekhyun was having trouble harboring his feelings . Have fun with your girlfriend .. Kai's words kept on echoing inside his head .

 

"The , she's not my girlfriend . I've got Yoomi . " He muttered under his breath as he got in the car and waited for you . Did we really act like a couple ? He pondered for awhile . What the .. I've been too nice to her . Baekhyun , what are you doing ? You don't even know the girl . You carefully stepped in , bumping your head in the process . You clapped both hands over your forehead in embarassment and looked down . It was quiet for a couple of seconds .

 

"Aren't you going to put on your seatbelt ?" Baekhyun asked stiffly . 

 

"Mwoh ?" You blurted out . "Aish , y-yeah I forgot , mianhae ..." You quietly fastened your seatbelt and let out the breath you had been holding in . Baekhyun just in a breath and started the car . He had to be careful now . If things continued on , he knew it wouldn't be long until Yoomi found out about this . You were nothing to him , he thought . Just shrug her off , you've done it before . This is what happens when you have a soft spot .

 

The entire car ride was silent , but it was more of a comfortable silence even though you could tell there was a tense atmosphere .  Baekhyun had the radio , and Super Junior was playing , so you hummed along to the beat a little , making sure not too loud so you would upset him . The only time you two would talk was when you gave him directions .  

 

He dropped you off at your house and immediately drove off , not even bothering to say a goodbye . As he drove away , he furrowed his eyebrows . He wasn't sure now if he should pick you up again afterwards . But then Yoomi flashed in his mind . He decided to just leave you there . Did I make the right decision ? He drove off back to his house to pick up Kai . 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

You walked up to your house and tried to open the door . You remembered you didn't have any of your belongings , not even your keys . You started wandering on the streets, not knowing where to go. You haven't visited your dad for a while, so you made a trip to the hospital. 

 

When you reached his room, you quietly stepped inside. You closed the curtains and put a new vase filled with fresh white roses and straighted out his bedsheets. You sat on the chair next to the bed and grabbed his hand, massaging it softly. Tears leaked out of your eyes.

 

"Appa, I'm so sorry for not visiting you lately." You whispered. Your dad was sleeping and you didn't want to disturb him.

 

"Appa, get well, so we can go have some father-daughter time again. I really miss it. Please get well soon. I know the doctor said you only have one month, so we have to make the best of it! Please.."

 

Suddenly, a nurse called you outside.

 

"Your dad has been staying here for a while and we want to know if you still have the money for your dad to stay here. If not, we'll send him back home."

 

"Please.. can you let my dad stay here for one more month please. I promise to pay all the fees. He only has one month left to live." You pled.

 

The nurse sighed and shook her head as she walked away. You were relieved that she actually approved your request, but , you didn't know where you were going to get that money.

 

After the trip to the hospital, you decided to walk to your workplace . It was still early , 6pm , and you were pretty sure they still needed some help . You thought you could occupy yourself with some work . 

 

Please don't tell me manager hired a new employee.. I know I haven't been working for awhile but .. I really need this job . It's the only thing I have left ..

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo. I'm sorry I haven't been at work." You apologized when you approached the manager.

 

"You don't have to work anymore. I found someone new, but thank you for all your time and dedication." He said flatly . You just bowed your head and ran out the shop , trying to dry your tears .

 

Great . I've lost my dignity at school , my house , my dad , my job , my entire life .. what else do I have to live for ?

 

You didn't know why , but your legs took you back to your house . You ran up to the front door and started pounding it , screaming and sobbing . The sun was starting to set , and it was getting dark outside . You slid down and wrapped your arms around your knees , sobbing as you placed your head down .

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

In the meantime , Baekhyun had just finished driving Kai to the hospital . He had to pass by your house on the way to the hospital , and glanced by , noticing that no lights were on .  It was nighttime now , and as he was driving back to his shared apartment , he noticed a figure outside the doorsteps all shriveled up , lying on the cold hard ground . 

 

What the ...

 

He stopped his car in the middle of the street . A couple drivers behind him honked and yelled , obviously annoyed , but he just gave them a middle finger and rushed to the figure . He brushed away the hair , and looked back in shock . It was you , again . You were already asleep , and there were dried up tears on your cheeks . 

 

What deja vu .. I found you like this last time too ..

 

He felt a pang in his heart as he picked you up and brought you back to his car . He felt guilty for treating you like he did earlier , but , it was either that , or lose Yoomi . He couldn't really choose , but Yoomi was important to him . He felt even guiltier after realizing that herove off without making sure you were safely in the house .

 

Did she forget her keys or something ?

 

He vaguely remembered you leaving the school after the incident at the nurse office empty handed as he drove you back to his house .