Chapter Twenty-Eight

What is Love.

When school ended, you called Eunha since you didn't see her the whole day at school today.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hey Eunha! Where are you?"

"I'm at the gym right now because there's this dance competition going on! And it's so epic!"

"Jinja? I'll come right now, wait for me outside the gym." You hung up and ran to the gym since you didn't want Eunha to wait for you.

I wonder who's competing against each other this time. It has always been Kai and some other boy; in the end, Kai always won, so he's titled "King of Dancing" in our school.

"Eunha!" You waved to her. "Did it start yet?"

She shook her head and dragged you inside the gym. Inside, you heard screams everywhere.

"Do you know who's competing today?"

"I heard it's Kai vs. this one new student. But I think Kai will end up winning anyway."

"Well, if he's new then maybe he can beat Kai." You shrugged.

The screaming got two times louder and you knew that the match was about to start. You looked down and saw Kai's arrogant smile. He looks too confident.

On the other side of the gym, you saw someone familiar. "Oh my god...Is that Lay?!" You whispered.

"You know him?" Eunha looked at you curiously.

"Uhh..sort of. But I never knew he could dance!"

"Wow...how many good looking guys do you know? You should, you know, hook me up with someone." You thought she was serious, so you looked at her and frowned.

"Gosh, I was just kidding." She chuckled.

Kai was wearing his school uniform while Lay was wearing a white beater and sweat pants. You could see Lay's tone muscle and the trace of his abs through the beater.

The music started and Kai danced first. You noticed that Kai had came up with new moves. The way he moved his body was so smooth, yet so powerful at the same time. How can someone dance so beautifully. Just when you started enjoying Kai's dance, he stopped and Lay began.

"Woahh~" The crowd cheered.

"He's really good." You muttered.

"As good as Kai? Don't think so." A girl said when she overheard you.

You ignored her and concentrated on Lay's dance moves. The way he moved was just as awesome as Kai's. This is going to be a tough competition.

Suddenly, you thought that Lay had just looked at you and smiled. "D-did he just s-smile at me?" You asked and pointed to yourself. You shook your head and rubbed your eyes. "I'm imagining things too much these days."

You didn't notice, but Kai was watching you from below. If you're amazed by his moves, just wait until you see mines. He wanted to impress you and show you what he was capable of.

Once Lay stopped dancing, Kai returned with more powerful moves. "Oooo~" Everyone cooed.

The competition went on for an hour, and when it finally ended, everyone was confused who the winner would be.

Kai and Lay were both trying to catch there breath. They were drowned in sweat, so Sehun wiped away Kai's sweat while Luhan wiped Luhan's.

"So..how...does this...com..pet..tition...work?" Lay asked, while he was breathing heavily.

"The audience chooses the winner." Suho answered for Kai.

You could hear the audience having mixed answers, and you couldn't really hear who had more fans.

"Since the audience is also unsure, let's have," Lay regained his energy and suddenly, his head turned to face you, "______, be the judge."

You stood up without even thinking, and yelled, "Mwoh?! Why me?"

"Kai, do you agree?" Lay asked.

She'll probably choose me, since I've known her longer right? "Sure, whatever."

"Okay then, _____, you're the judge today." He smirked and warned, "Choose wisely."

Eoteoke?! I'm going crazy. I can't believe he expects me to choose. If I choose Kai then Lay will whine and bother me for the rest of my life, but if I choose Lay then Kai will hate me forever, until the day I die.

You stared at Eunha for an answer, but she mouthed "You're all by yourself. Mian."

You sighed and thought for a while.

"Hurry up! Choose already!"

"She's just taking her time, since she knows that they'll be looking at her."

"Lay! Can I be the judge instead? Look, she's not even choosing!"

"Lay." You quickly said and turned the other way. Oh god, why did I choose him. Please don't kill me Kai. If you ask me and give me a chace to explain, I'll tell you why I chose him, but trust me Kai, you're the best dancer ever.

Bwoh?! She chose Lay? She's kidding right? I so owned him just now. Just wait _____, you're gonna die later. Traitor.

Yes! I knew she was going to choose me. You're the best ____. He looked at Kai's disappointed and shocked face and laughed. And beat that Kai. I guess King of Dancing is now mines.

You quickly walked out of the gym before anyone could kill you. You walked home by yourself and decided to stop by a shop to get something for Kai as an apology. As you walked down the street, you saw a store selling pull-back hats. Hmm, Kai should like this. It'll match him a lot!

"Annyeonghasaeyo, welcome to the shop." The owner welcomed you.

You bowed back and gave a smile. You roamed around the shop until you saw the perfect hat.

You smiled and grabbed it from the shelf. You walked to the counter and took out your wallet to pay.

"$25 dollars, please." (A/N: I don't know korean money, therefore, I will use american money)

You flipped your wallet open and noticed that you had exactly $25 dollars. Oh wells appa, I'll buy you something next time. You were about to use the money to buy your appa something, bit instead, you decided that an apology was more important. Appa will understand.

"Can you wrap it up for me please?" The man nodded and wrapped it with black and white tissue paper.

"Thank you!" You bowed and walked out the shop with the bag in your hand.

When you arrived home, you noticed that Kai and Baekhyun weren't home yet. "I should plan out what I'm going to say to Kai." You couldn't believe you were doing this for Kai.

Suddenly, you heard the door click, and ran downstairs with the bag in your hand.

Kai walked in looking mad and frustrated, while Baekhyun didn't have any emotion on his face.

"Kai -"

"Shut up. I don't wanna hear it."

"No. I can explain. - "

"Explain what? That he's better than me?"

"No! -"

"You made me lose my title and reputation. Thanks."

"KAI! LET ME EXPLAIN DANG IT!" Kai and Baekhyun were shocked by the change in your tone.

"Just let her explain Kai." Baekhyun suggested. "She probably has her own reason for choosing Lay instead of you, and it was just a compeition, stop making such a big deal out of it."

Kai rolled his eyes and followed you upstairs. He suddenly noticed that you were holding something in your hand.

"What's that?" He asked curiously. Wow are you bipolar or something?

"Shut up and let me explain first." You sat on your bed while Kai was looking around in your room.

"I chose Lay because I felt bad for him. -"

"And you don't feel bad for me?" He stared intensely into your eyes which gave you the chills.

"No. I mean yes I do feel bad for you too, but like he's new to the school and everything, so choosing him would hurt you less than if I chose you instead and hurt Lay more."

"Since when do you care for them anyway?"

"Ever since my birthday."

"So that means that you know me more, so why did you choose him?"

"Kai, honestly, I don't know a single thing about you..." You sighed.

Yeah, I guess she's right. I never really opened up to her. But I was just so mad that she chose him instead of me!

"Anyways, I just wanted to say that you're the best and most awesome dancer I've ever known and I wanted to say sorry. So here." You grabbed the bag and pushed it toward him. Just accept it already and stop staring at it.

"If you're not going to take it. I'll just return it." You pulled the bag back when suddenly Kai grabbed it away from you. You smiled and clasped your hands.

"Apology accepted then?" You smiled brightly.

"Maybe." Kai smirked and left the room.

"Tch. He didn't even open it or say thank you." You muttered.

When he was out of your sight, he opened the bag to see a hat sitting. He put it on and stared at the mirror. This looks pretty good on me.

Baekhyun walked in and saw Kai checking himself out in front of the mirror. He raised an eyebrow and asked, "What are you doing..."

"Nothing, like it?"

Baekhyun didn't say anything and asked, "Who got it for you?"

"______."

Baekhyun nodded and thought, 'And she didn't get me anything?' Baekhyun felt like you were starting to like Kai more and he was actually kind of afraid that you might forget him. Snap out of it Baekhyun! _____ isn't that type of person.

"Why did she get it for you?"

"Uhh..I don't know. She said it was for an apology, but she really didn't have to."

"You better make good use of that hat. Hey who knows? That might be the last present she'll ever get you."

Kai stared at Baekhyun like some crazy freak and took the hat off his head.

_____ is so thoughtful. I knew she had her reason. But I wish she got me something too...