Chapter Seventeen

What is Love.

You tossed and turned, fearing your worst nightmare. 

 

'Appa, no! You can't leave me here alone! Who will take care of me?' You cried, hugging the corpse. Baekhyun stared at you with empathy and guilt, while Kai tapped your shoulder. You felt happy and proud that Kai actually cares for you now. You stared into their eyes, asking them for an answer, an answer to how you will live when your dad is no longer by your side. You saw the doctors and nurses coming in to drag your dad away.

 

You jolted and woke up breathing heavily.

 

It's just a dream. ________ calm down....

 

You simply knew that it wasn't just a dream because in two and half weeks, the nightmare would be playing right before your eyes, and next time, you knew it would be real. You sighed and got out of bed.

 

You walked down to the living room and kitchen but didn't see anyone.

 

Where are they?

 

You decided to check if they were in their room, but there was no one either.

 

You dropped on the couch and was about to turn on the T.V, when you saw "Monday" on the calender.

 

Suddenly, you jumped up from the couch and quickly glanced at the watch. 7:30.

 

Shoot!! I have to get ready and be at school in 30 minutes?!?

 

Quickly, you ran into the shower and stripped down, washing your hair and face as fast as you could , and ran out with only a towel on. You rummaged through the dresser Baekhyun had let you used and managed to find your uniform. While you got dressed, you cursed.

 

Aish! Why didn't they wake me up? Did they not even realize that I might be late?!

 

You rushed out the house and slammed the door, not even tying your shoes. You didn't  even know how long it'll take me to run to school. You looked from the right then to the left, and scratched your head. You didn't exactly know Baekhyun's neighborhood, so you had no idea how to get to school.

 

Which way is the way to get to school, anyways?

 

You saw some students walking, so you decided to follow them to. You ran and didn't even stop to take a breath. You finally made it to the front of the school and rushed through the gate before the security guards could lock it. "

 

"Better hurry, you have 2 minutes to get to class," The ajusshi warned you. You noded and shyly smiled and ran to class.

 

You focused the whole time during math class, and amazingly, you understood the lesson for the first time. After class, you decided to go to the nurse's office in order to retrieve your belongings back. The nurse remembered you and the two of you talked a bit, her asking how you were feeling and you answering her back.

 

"Umm, actually, you didn't happen to see my stuff the last time I was here, did you?"

 

"Omo.. no I did not. I remember seeing it here on one of the mats but I don't know what happened afterwards. I'm really sorry sweetie."

 

You frowned. "Oh .."

 

"Don't worry, if I find it again, I'll definitely tell you, arasso? Now, you should go eat! It's lunch, and a skinny lady like you should eat and enjoy as much as you can!"

 

With a thank you, you quickly walked out of the office. I wonder where it could have been. I remembered I forgot them there..

 

Ohh yeah... I wonder where Baekhyun or Kai could be. Gotta ask them why they didn't wake me up this morning!

 

God must have been answering you. You saw Yoomi, Baekhyun, and Kai walking toward your direction.

 

"Baekhyun, Kai! How come you guys didn't wake me up? I was almost late for school," You shouted.

 

Baekhyun wearily glanced at Yoomi's confused expression. ! I knew I should have woken her up. He shot Kai a look, since he was the once who decided to leave you there and have you wake up on your own. All Kai did was just give him a shrug as if to say 'you're on you're own'.

 

"Uh.. hat did you say? Wake you up? Why would they wake you up?" Yoomi confronted, obviously annoyed at the situation. She put her hands on her hips.

 

"Because I live with th--" Kai slapped his hand over your mouth before you could finish talking.

 

"Yah! Let her finish." Yoomi barked.

 

"No, it's nothing come on," Baekhyun walked away.

 

"N-No wait, I want to hear what she said!" 

 

You didn't miss the look Yoomi gave you as Baekhyun pulled her away. You gulped a bit, and couldn't help but think you'd be hearing from her in the future soon. You didn't get why Kai and Baekhyun acted like they didn't know you. Already having the damage done, you still ran up and grabbed Baekhyun's arm, spinning him around.

 

"Why are you acting like you don't know me?!" You asked, a bit irritated.

 

"Because we don't know you? Stop acting like you know us...You're just like those other girls out there, seeking for attention." Kai scowled. Baekhyun's heart throbbed at Kai's hurtful words. You didn't have to be that harsh did you?

 

Kai turned over to Yoomi and said "Just ignore her, she's just trying to get attention like all the other losers here." He shot Baekhyun a look and Baekhyun meekly smiled back, saying thank you.

 

You saw them walk away and this time, you didn't bother running up to them. You were mad, sad, and confused. You didn't understand anything, and part of you wanted to find out what's wrong with them, but the other part of you didn't.

 

I guess they have their reasons..

 


 

After school ended, instead of heading to Baekhyun's house, you decided to take a walk. You were scared to go back, after how they treated you this morning. You kicked a pebble around as you strolled around town.

 

You wandered on the street until it was nighttime. You knew there was homework due tomorrow and it was getting really late, but you didn't want to face them, not yet. You checked your watch, 8pm. It was still early. Your feet was getting tired, so you decided to sit down at a bench and relax for a while. The air was cold and crispy, but you liked it.

 

Suddenly, you saw a shadow creep up toward you. You looked up with wide eyes. . Not another kidnapper.

 

You were about to make a run, when you felt someone hold you back. "Ahh!! Let go!!" You screamed and yanked away from their embrace.

 

"Wait! Don't scream. Look at me."

 

"NO!! NO NO NO! DON'T! NOT THAT CLOTH AGAIN. NO!! GET AWAY FROM ME!" You kept on thrashing and flinging your arms everywhere, trying to ward off the kidnapper. He harshly grabbed your face and pulled it up to meet his.

 

You slowly opened  your eyes and noticed that his face was familiar. Suddenly, memories flew back to you. The guy in the basement with Kai last time! Wait...then he's one of the bad guys!

 

 

 

You started screaming again, and this time without warning you, he embraced you and you were too shock to do anything else. Slowly, your screams were muffled and you stopped.

 

"Let go! You're the kidnapper!" You mumbled halfheartedly, your face still against his chest.

 

He smirked and glanced down at you. "I'm not going to harm you. I just wanted to talk to you." He whispered in your ear.

 

You didn't let your guard down, but you calmed down and tried to be level headed. "Why are you still out here? Isn't it late?"

 

"Who are you? What's your name?" You ignored his questions.

 

"Call me Kris." He sat at the spot you were sitting before. "Now answer mine." 

 

You noticed that maybe he wasn't so bad and didn't mean any harm, so you also sat down next to them, keeping a reasonable distance.

 

"I don't know. Getting some fresh air?"

 

"Aren't your parents worried?"

 

You were quiet for a while, wondering how to answer the question. Instead you asked, "What's your point?"

 

"I already told you."

 

"Can I ask a question?" He nodded and you continued. "Why was Kai with you last time and can you tell me why I escaped so easily?"

 

"Sorry can't answer your first question. And you should be thankful toward Kai. He was the one that saved you, and I know him. He wouldn't save anyone so easily. I was also surprised that he saved you."

 

You nodded and jumped up from your seat. "I think I should go now. See ya..."

 

"Wait, let me walk you. It's dangerous for girls like you to walk alone. You don't want the same thing happening like last time do you?" He smirked.

 

You knew he was right and decided to let him follow you. It was quiet and no one talked, but you felt more comfortable that way.

 

"I'm here. Thanks...I guess." You turned and smiled at him.

 

"No problem. See you next time ______."

 

Next time? And how did he know my name?

 

You shrugged and walked inside. You felt that you didn't belong in this house anymore, so you awkwardly walked in "your" room.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" Kai asked angrily. You didn't answer and he continued. "Do you know who that guy was? If I knew you were with him the whole time, I should have told Baekhyun to stop looking for you. Such a waste of time." Kai spat.

 

You raised your eyebrows. Baekhyun was looking for me the whole time? "...Mianhae."

 

"That's all you can say? I pity Baekhyun sometimes..." He walked away and slammed the door of his room.

 


 

What did Kris say to her anyways? What were they doing together? Don't tell me Kris is using her to get to us...What if they wanna hurt her again? Wait...Why do I even care? Kai ruffled his hair in frustration and called Baekhyun that you were now home.

 


 

Ughh! Kai sometimes! If it wasn't for Baekhyun ,I would have left his house a long time ago! Why are they mad at me when they were the ones acting like jerks this morning.

 

You stared up at the ceiling, sorting out your thoughts.

 

But I guess I can't really blame them, especially Baekhyun. He actually went out to look for me. I'm sorry Baekhyun. Sometimes I question why you have such a y girlfriend when you're so sweet. Yoomi must be one lucky girl...