Chapter Thirty

What is Love.

The whole entire time, your hand didn't leave his grasp once. Although you felt sort of uncomfortable, you held it in, since you knew Baekhyun was hurting more than you. You didn't care where he was taking you, you just wanted to make him happy again. But to be honest, you actually felt special since you were the one that Baekhyun wanted to be with.

 

"We're almost there." Both you and Baekhyun boarded the bus. After staring at Baekhyun's hurt face, you were determined that you would help him forget this painful memory and bring back to the bubbly and optimistic Baekhyun.

 

After four stops, Baekhyun dragged you off the bus. This time, he acknowledged your feelings, and walked a lot slower. Baekhyun you're so dumb. I bet she's scared of you now.

 

"The beach?" You didn't know why he brought you here. Did he bring me here to talk about my suicidal incident?

 

He nodded and told you to follow him. His grip on your wrist was so familiar that you forgot about it. He dropped to the floor and suddenly, his weight made you drop onto of him. You were really startled and automatically pushed yourself up, but then Baekhyun wrapped his arm around your waist, forcing both of you to be connected.

 

"W-wae?"

 

"Just stay. Don't move."

 

You didn't listen and again, tried pushing yourself up.

 

"Please."

 

You felt really awkward in this position, but Baekhyun was practically begging you. The whole time, your heart beated rapidly, and you begged that Baekhyun wouldn't be able to feel it.

 

You finally felt Baekhyun move. He grabbed your shoulders, and lifted you away from him. You were now staring straight into his eyes. It wasn't emmitting the happy and bright aura anymore. It looked dark and watery, lusting for love.

 

"Baekhyun...Are you okay?" You saw tears forming, and you really didn't know how to react or help him.

 

"______, why is the world so unfair?"

 

"Sometimes, it's like that. No one lives a perfect and happy life..." Like me..I've had the worst luck ever. But ever since I've became friends with you and Kai, everything changed.
 

"But I did everything. Why? Am I not good enough for her?"

 

"No!" You swaggered your hand side to side. "Baekhyun, you're probably the best, most caring, and perfect boyfriend a girl can ever have." I know from what I see. Yoomi should really appreciate Baekhyun. If he was dating me ---. What the heck are you thinking _____.

 

"But she doesn't think that way. Why do I have such bad luck in love? He sighed and wiped away his tears. "Whatever, I'll just ignore her from now on." He looked at you, and forced a smile.

 

"That's the spirit!" You cheered him on.

 

"Do you want to know why we're at the beach?" He plopped himself down onto the sand.

 

"Is it...b-because of my suicidal incident?"

 

You didn't want him to stare at you, so you decided to lay down next to him.

 

He started laughing and said, "No, silly. But why were you planning to suicide anyway?"

 

"Uhh...I'd rather not say." You couldn't tell him that you were having such an unlucky life and that time when Kai made you feel really useless and troublesome, you decided to suicide. But now that you actualy knew Kai, you could never have the heart to blame him for anything.

 

"Okay, I won't force you. But about why we're here is because it's my favorite and peaceful place to be. I never told anyone this, but I think I trust you enough. The beach was my mom's favorite place and she would take me here often to watch the sunset with her. Everything was great until my dad started loaning money from other people and didn't pay them. Those shark loaners started coming to my mom, but she didn't have enough money to pay everything, so they threatened that if she didn't pay the money back, I would be in danger. Of course, as a mother, she protected my life more than her own. She was forced to work night and day for 7 days a week and as time went on, she got weaker and weaker, and..... eventually her heart stopped beating..." He swallowed his last word and forced himself to go on, but you stopped him.

 

"Baekhyun, it's okay, you don't have to tell me anything anymore if it hurts you."

 

"No, let me finish. I want to release everything right now. While I was looking for a new home, I found Kai, Chanyeol, Suho, D.O., and Sehun. They were the only ones who I could rely on, and for once after my mother's death, I had a family that welcomed and loved me. But I'll always had this one regret. I never got a chance to say 'I love you' to her. I was such an idiot."

 

"You're not an idiot. You're the first guy I've ever met who actually cared for me. You don't treat me like trash and I really appreciate it, so stop being negative. Think of it this way. Your mom loved you and did all she could to protect you. Now that she's gone, she still expects you to live your life to the fullest. She sacrificed her life for you, Baekhyun. Even if she's not physically here, she's still here. In your memory, here at this beach, and up there." You also felt like crying after saying this because you knew that your father was going to be gone soon to, and knowing that you couldn't do anything, hurt you even more.

 

Baekhyun turned to you and quickly wiped away your tears. "I'm sorry _____. I didn't mean to make you cry."

 

"Let's not think about this anymore. Come on, let's take a walk to calm down." Baekhyun stood up and stuck his hand out. You grabbed it and he pulled you up.

 

You wiped the sand off his back and then he did the same for you. Automatically, your mood lightened up and you felt happy again.

 

"Baekhyun---"

 

"Don't call me Baekhyun anymore. It makes us sound too distant. Call me oppa from now on."

 

"Okay, no promises though. I'm not used to it."

 

"Are you saying you never called oppa to anyone before?"

 

"Nope." You shook your head.

 

"Wow, that's insane. Why not?"

 

"Because I never really had any friends. My only friend was Eunha..until I met you, Kai, and all your other friends."

 

"That's a shame. Those people and guys don't know what they're missing out. I'm glad I met you." Baekhyun's hand entwined with yours and both of you started walking along the shore.

 

"Do you have an ideal girl? Is it someone like Yoomi?" Oh god, why did I ask him that? Aish, you're such a dummy.

 

"I never thought of that before. But no, I don't think it's someone like Yoomi. My ideal type girl is..." He thought for a while and answered, "someone who is sweet, nice, pretty, caring, and perfect like you."

 

You were nodding along to what he was listing until he said the word 'you.' You felt like you couldn't breathe and that the air might swoop you up any second. You slowly looked up at Baekhyun, when you noticed that he was staring right back at you.

 

"I don't know what took me so long to figure this out, but I think I'm in love with you." He leaned down, twisted his head, and motioned toward your lips, but you were too stunned to react to anything. All you did was stare at him with wide eyes, but when you noticed that your first kiss was about to be taken, you closed your eyes and shook your head.

 

Does that mean that he doesn't like Yoomi anymore? Because he likes.......me?

 

Baekhyun stopped because he didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable. "
Right now, I might sound like a player and a jerk. Whatever you want to call me. But to be honest, I think I've been gaining a little more feeling for you each day. I don't expect you to like me back right now or ever... But just know that there's a guy who actually loves and cares for you."

 
I honestly didn't know that I loved you until now. I'm such an idiot for not knowing my own heart. I guess I just have to let time be the judge, since I can't make her accept the fact that I just dumped Yoomi and now I fell for her. She might think that I'm a player, but what can I do? My heart can't help it.

 


 


 

Hehe, finally he confessed to her!! But it was such a lame cheesy plot. OTL

Oh, and for those Kai fans out there, don't worry, I have more stuff coming up!!