Chapter Thirteen

What is Love.

A/N: Orz I fixed the spelling mistakes guisee . thanks for telling me .

 

Meanwhile , Baekhyun had no choice but to take you to his house. You were still sleeping and he didn't want to interrupt, so he carried you to his room.

 

Second time carrying her. How many more times will this continue? Do I want it to stop ?

 

He laid you down and touched your forehead to see if your fever was gone. When his hand made contact with your forehead, it was burning hot. He pulled back quickly.

Crap. Her fever is so high. 

 

He started searching for medicine in his cabinets to calm the fever down, but he couldn't find it anywhere. Neither he nor Kai got sick often, and if they did, they didn't need the help of medicine for them to recover.

 

What do I do? I can't leave her alone, can I? Kai .. I'll wait for him to get home.

 

In the meantime, he placed an icepack on your forehead and hoped that it would lower the temperature. He figured that you would be hungry when you woke up, so he decided to cook something warm and healthy.

 

Why am I caring so much for her anyways? Maybe I'm just a good person that helps everyone else.

 

He took out the vegetables and started chopping them up. Despite his image, he was a good cook . His mother had taught him , afterall , and she had the title of best cook back at his hometown . After taking half an hour to cook the soup, he started to get impatient about Kai not being home yet.

 

I guess she can stay here alone while I buy some medicine. It shouldn't take that long .

 


 

When you finally woke up , you realized that you weren't in your room. You sat up and you felt the ice pack fell down.

 

You picked it up with a confused look.

 

What the... Did I faint again?

 

You looked around the room and noticed that it was a guy's room, with all the magazines and clothes littered evverywhere. You suddenly jumped out of bed, realizing that you were at a stranger's house. 

 

Where am I?

 

You quickly walked out of the room and wandered around the house quietly , not sure if there was anyone at home . First the living room, the kitchen , and then back into the hallways . The apartment was pretty small , and after awhile , you had decided that whoever brought you here had gone somewhere .

 

You entered the second bedroom in the house . It was a simple room with black wallpaper , a desk with a laptop , and a bed . Like the previous room you were in , it was littered with personal belongings , which you assumed were a boy's . You approached the nightstand near the bed . You walked around a little more in the room , looking at the picture frames placed on the walls . Your eyes fell on a picture of Kai . You stepped back again and did a double take at what you saw .

 

Shoot ! Kai ? This is his house ??

 

You stepped back slowly , your brain still registering what you had see n. When you finally realized that this was his apartment , you got the memo and quickly booked out of the place . The boy was already mad at you for 'throwing yourself' at him . If he found out you were at his house , you didn't even want to imagine what he would do . This time , you ran and searched for the exit . You accidenly tripped over a book and collapsed on the ground . 

 

Crap ! He didn't hear me did he ? During the midst of all this , you had forgotten that nobody was home .

 

You spotted the door and was ready to open the door , when the door was pulled away from you . It opened . You grabbed the man's shoulders and started shaking them , tears leaking out of your eyes as you begged for forgiveness .

 

"Please ! Don't hit me , don't yell at me . I don't know why I'm in this house either !" You shouted to 'Kai' .

 

'Kai' didn't respond back so you looked up . You let go and sank down to your knees when you saw that it was Baekhyun . He gave you a stiff look and you weren't sure if he was mad or annoyed with you .

 

"You ..." You pointed to him . "Why are you here ?"

 

"This is my house ?" He stared at you awkwardly .

 

"But .. I .. I thought this was Kai's . I saw his picture in that one room ." You pointed out innocently .

 

"He lives with me ." Baekhyun said curtly and laid the medicine on the table . He started taking off his shoes and jacket , leaving them on the couch before stretching a bit .

 

When you thought that he wasn't looking , you quietly put on your shoes and tried your best to open the door without it squeaking . When you had gotten it wide enough for your small body to slip through , it suddenly slammed shut and you were pushed to the wall , hard . You gave a squeak and looked up to see Baekhyun looming over you , his hand on top of your head against the door , looking down at you . He had a tight hold on your wrist . 

 

"Where do you think you're going ?" He asked you , menacingly .

 

You were too petrified to say anything . This was the first time you had seen him look so scary . He continued .

 

"I saved you from the beach , let you stay at my home , even bought you medicine with MY money , and all you're just going to RUN away? " He whispered harshly , his eyes glaring at you . You gulped .

 

"You're staying here ." He continued . "Don't even try to escape . I'll hurt you next time ." He let go of your wrist and left the living room .

 

You sank down to the floor and let out the breath you had been holding. You heard some clanks and chopping noises in the kitchen and was about to head in there and help him , but you didn't want to face his wrath again . Silently , you shuffled back into his room and laid yourself in his covers again .

 

When it was time , Baekhyun called you out . You sat down and he presented a wide variety of dishes for you and you were shocked . He didn't seem like the type of person who would know how to cook . Carefully , you filled yourself a bowl of rice and helped yourself to some of the meats and vegetables , still being very careful . You didn't want him to explode on you again .

 

"Are you feeling better now ?" He asked , trying to make some conversation .

 

You just shyly nodded and continued to stuff your face with food . It had been awhile since you had a real meal . You kept looking down , trying not to make eye contact with him .

 

"Can I ask you what the hell you were doing back there at the beach ?" He deadpanned .

 

You gulped and froze for a second . You weren't sure what to say . Just tell him you were trying to kill yoruself?

 

"It's .. nothing . I-I was just going for a swim ."

 

"And trying to drown yourself in the process ? I'm not stupid . I know what you were doing ." He glared at you . "Don't lie to me ."

 

 

"It's none of your business ."

 

"I'd like to think it is ."

 

"And why is that ?"

 

"Well , I saved you . I think I deserve at least a decent answer ."

 

"Fine . I was trying to kill myself . Are you happy now ?" You shouted to him , but quickly covered your mouth afterwards , shocked at your own outburst .

 

Baekhyun just seemed to shrug it off . "I heard you calling for your dad or whatever . He was the man coughing in your house last time wasn't it ? Why did you lie to me ?"

 

"I-I just didn't want to ..." Your ears were turning red . You didn't want to talk about this anymore .

 

"He's dying , isn't he ? That was him in the hospital that other time , wasn't it ?"

 

You looked up at him surprised . How did he know that ?

 

And as if he read your mind , he quickly answered . "I was the one who brought you to the chairs , remember ?" He casually leaned back in his chair and rested his legs onto the dining table , as if he was trying to act like it was no big deal . You , on the other hand , blushed like a tomato .

 

Omo .. does this mean , this is the second time he's carried me already ??

 

He opened his mouth and was about to say something when someone slammed open the door and stomped into the kitchen . He pushed a picture frame onto the tiles and it broke . You took a good look and realized that his sides were bleeding heavily ! He looked like he was about to scream when he met eyes with you . You dropped the bowl of rice onto the floor and it shattered .