Chapter Four

What is Love.

"Ughhhhh..." 

 

You groaned and dropped your head onto the table for the nth time that day. You and Eunha were at the mall hanging out. It had been a long time since you two hanged out so you thought it was a good idea.

 

"You know.. if you really didn't want to go you should have just said so. I don't want you to be suffering here you know."

 

"No.. it's fine. Mianhae unnie. Just, I'm so tired right now!"

 

You groaned again and hugged your bag, squishing your cheek against it. You were contemplating whether you should tell Eunha about the incident at the ice cream shop the other night. You couldn't fall asleep last night because it kept on replaying in your mind.

 

Should I tell her? No, maybe not. She might think that I like Kai or Baekhyun.

 

"_______! What are you doing? Are you going to stand there forever? Let's go!"

 

She grabbed your hand and dragged you to a dress shop. Before you actually stepped inside the shop, you saw in the corner of your eyes three familiar figures walking towards your direction. You squinted a bit.  

 

Wait, isn't that Kai, Baekhyun, and Yoomi?! What are they doing here?! Shoot...Where can I hide?

 

You didn't even understand why you had to hide from them. You didn't do anything wrong nor do they even know you. You acted without thinking and ran into the dress shop.

 

"________!"

 

You ignored Eunha and crouched down behind the racks of dresses and prayed that they wouldn't walk in the shop.

 

Please pass this shop...Please don't step into this shop...Please God if you can hear me.......

 

You crossed your fingers and squeezed your eyes shut, holding in your breath.

 

...I guess God didn't hear me after all.

 

Coincidently, they walked right into the dress shop and you gave yourself a pat on the back for having the worse luck ever. You jumped from one rack to another like a ninja, spying on the trio.

 

What are they doing here? I don't understand what they would be doing inside a girl's shop full of dresses.

 

That's when you noticed that Baekhyun had his arm wrapped around Yoomi's waist. 

 

You completely forgot that Eunha was probably wondering where you were and continued to hide. You felt a hand tap on your shoulder. Your body stiffened and you were afraid to look up. You were then pulled up and without thinking, you clasped your hands together and begged for forgiveness.

 

"I'm sorry! I wasn't sneaking on you or anything! I was just...uhhh- Eunha! You scared me!" You yelled loudly.

 

"Are you right in the head? You're acting very .... unlike your self." She furrowed her eyebrows.

 

You were half trying to explain to Eunha what happened just now, and half trying to eavesdrop on Baekhyun and Yoomi. You heard them coming towards the rack you were hiding behind and pushed you and Eunha quickly into a fitting room .  

 

"! ______ what are y-!"

 

You quickly covered with your hand and made an expression that told her to be quiet. She quieted down immediately, but her eyes were questioning you the entire time. You heard a knock from outside and gave a short squeak. The knocking got a lot louder and you thought the door was going to fall down anytime.

 

"HELLOOOOO? Can we PLEASE get an assistant over here?" Yoomi huffed.

 

You cringed at her annoying voice. Eunha managed to pry your hands off and give your a short glare. You gulped and knew that you had a lot of explaining to do. But just then, you heard an assistant come over to your door and knock on it.

 

"Excuse me, is there anyone in here?"

 

You froze and clung onto Eunha too scared to say anything. You heard another knock.

 

"Arasso, I'm opening the door."

 

Your eyes widened automatically and as the door knob turned, you slammed it back shut and said in a super high pitched voice.

 

"A-Ah, sorry! I was uhhh changing. Yes yes! Sorry sorry!"

 

"O-Oh.. alright then. Miss, I'll just open this changing room for you instead."

 

"Yeah, whatever." You could imagine Yoomi rolling her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest.

 

"Yah! ______-ah, what's going on?" Eunha whispered to you. You ignored her and opened the door of the changing room slightly, peeking out and spying on the three other people in the shop. You noticed Kai was just leaning against the wall, checking out the salesclerk. You rolled your eyes.

 

Typical.. But you couldn't help but feel your heart beat a little faster at the incident yesterday.
 

 

Suddenly, you noticed Baekhyun's gasp and shocked expression when Yoomi walked out with an elegant dress. You had to admit that her body fit perfectly on the dress.

 

"Baby! You look so beautiful. And I swear, I'm not lying." He leaned near her face and pecked her on the lips.

 

Your face automatically heated up seeing the love scene. You smacked your face and asked yourself what you were doing. When you felt the coast was clear, you half-heartedly dragged Eunha out the shop and back into the food court. She put her hands on her hips and gave you a look. You surrendered.

 

"Okay, you know what? I can't keep this any longer! I think I'm going to explode with frustration!" You yanked your hair. You told her everything that happened yesterday at the ice cream shop from when Baekhyun and Yoomi entered to when Kai ran away after you guys were hiding under the table. You told the entire story in one breath and was breathing hard by the end of it. You looked up at Eunha to see her reaction after that.

 

Her eyes looked like owl eyes and she looked really shocked at the information overload you just gave her.

 

"Omo.. did that really happen?!"

 

You nodded quickly. Eunha looked around a bit and pulled you closer to her. "This can mean only one thing.." You gave her a strange look. "What?"  She whispered into your ear. "They're... FALLING FOR YOU!"

 

You gave her a weird look. "Bwoh? What's that supposed to mean?" Eunha rolled her eyes.

 

"Don't you get it? It's one of those love triangle stories! And you're the main girl. Omo, I can't believe it. My lovely dongsaeng is finally falling in love! Even though it's with someone I really hate and that I would want to cut his head off but still omonaaa I can't believe this! Aigoo, and then when you two get married and everything and I'll be the.."

 

You just ignored Eunha's rambling and thought about what she just said.

 

Baekhyun and Kai? Me? Love triangle? I wish.. Wait, what am I even thinking? A love affair with those two? No way!

 

You shook your head to get rid of those thoughts. It was the least of your worries. You had more important things to do. Your thoughts suddenly fell onto your appa. He was to be discharged from the hospital today and you were more than worried for his health. After being diagnosed for lung cancer for the past four years, life had been a struggle for you more than anything. You didn't feel as good as before after thinking about his condition.

 

"Unnie.. I don't feel too well. I'm gonna go home now okay?"

 

"Mwoh? Is something wrong, are you alright?" She asked with a concerned expression. You shook your head.

 

"It's about appa."

 

Eunha quietly mouthed oh and gave an understanding nod. She slung an arm over your shoulders and pulled you closer to her.

 

"I'll see you tomorrow then okay _____? Take care, and tell your dad I said hi."

 

You just weakly nodded and the two of you said your goodbyes.