Chapter Two

What is Love.

You casually walked to your bike and hopped on it. It was time for you to go to work. The only reason you needed to work was because you needed money to support you and your sick dad. As you headed to the ice-cream shop, you constantly wondered about what happened today at lunch.

 

What a stupid jerk. And Baekhyun made me so disappointed. But what can I do...Baekhyun is Baekhyun...I was just blind the whole entire time. 

 

You shook it off and was determined to keep the smile. You walked your bike over rack and locked it.

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo." 

 

You bowed down to the manager. He just nodded and walked away without saying a word. You were use to his cold gestures. You changed into your work clothes and headed to the customers to take orders. After a few minutes or so, the store started to get crowded.

 

Why are there so many customers today?

 

You were running back and forth, constantly assisting the customers. Just when you were about to take a quick break, you heard a familiar voice. You turned around and saw a familiar face, but you couldn't remember where you saw her.

 

Haven't I seen her ... from somewhere before.. ?

 

Suddenly, you saw a guy wrap his arms around the girl's waist. It was Baekhyun, and that girl was Yoomi!

 

Oh shoot! What do I do? What is he doing here anyways?

 

You started panicking, searching for a hiding place. You looked over at the cashier counter and decided to hide there. You ducked your head down and tried to crawl away into the storage room. You didn't want them, especially Baekhyun, to see you like this.

 

"Hello? Waiter? Cashier? Anyone?"

 

Yoomi called. You were determined to glue yourself to the ground, and tried to crawl even faster, holding in your breath because you were scared. Unfortunately, your luck faded when your boss yelled,

 

"______! What are you doing? Can't you see the customers are waiting?"

 

Aishh...

 

You did a quick frown and slowly rose up from behind the counter, peeking up and regretting it when you realized they were both looking down at you. You realized that you had been caught.

 

Nice going _______..

 

"A-anyeonghasaeyo," You shyly greeted Baekhyun and Yoomi.

 

They gave you a what-are-you-doing-behind-the-counter look. You acknowledged the fact that they were staring strangely at you, so you cleared your throat , blushing a bit from embarassment.

 

"S-Sorry, I was searchi-I mean, I dropped something, haha.. What would you like to order?"

 

The entire time you were talking, Baekhyun was just staring at you strangely, like you guys never met before. You felt uncomfortable at his gaze, and bit your lip again.

 

How come BaekHyun isn't greeting me or anything? He knows me.. doesn't he? We did a project together in class too..

 

"Hello? Did you hear us?" Yoomi waved her hand in front of your face.

 

You snapped out of your thoughts and bowed.

 

"Sorry! What did you want again?"

 

Yoomi scoffed.

 

"I SAID I wanted a strawberry flavor and a chocolate chip ice cream cone pleaseee." She stretched out her words through clenched teeth and batted her eyelashes.

 

Gosh what an annoying attitude.

 

You quickly scooped their ice creams, trying to avoid eye contact and not knowing that Baekhyun was staring at you the entire time. He furrowed his eyebrows.

 

Have I.. seen her before? He asked himself.

 

Your hands were shaking as you tried to successfully scoop the three scoop chocolate chip ice cream, and you dropped the entire thing on the table counter. It splattered and some of the ice cream landed onto your work uniform.

 

Stupid! ______ what do you think you're doing?!

 

You heard Yoomi scoff and say something about the bad service and attitude. You glanced up to see Baekhyun chuckling at your mistake. You blushed even harder and snapped your head back down, mumbling about how you were going to get some napkins as you dashed into the storage room again.

 

She's cute. Baekhyun thought. Wait, what am I doing?

 

He shook his head shrugged away his thoughts and turned his attention back to his girlfriend, who was chatting about something he didn't really care about. He just smiled and nodded his head like always, not really paying attention to her gossip. After awhile, he got bored and he put his attention to the entrance of the storage room, waiting for you to come back.

 

Meanwhile, in the storage room, you were sitting on one of the boxes, fanning yourself with your cap, your face red from the heat and stares you got from the couple back there. You puffed up your cheeks and blew out air a couple of times before calming yourself down and getting a hold of the situation.

 

Alright _______, just calm down and keep your cool. He's just another customer, with a terrible attitude of a girlfriend, but still. You can do this, ________ hwaiting! You pumped your fist, and went back into the shop.

 

After you returned and cleaned up the mess, you finished scooping the two ice cream cones and looked up to hand it to the couple when you realized that Baekhyun was directly staring at you. 

 

"U-Uhh, sir? Your ice cream."

 

He snapped out of his zone and took the ice cream cones. They left the shop.

 

Phew.. I thought I was going to die under his stare. Finally, no more customers.

 

You decided to take out the trash. It was late and everything was pitch black.

 

Omo.. What if there are kidnappers?

 

You quickly dragged the junk bag to the alley. You thought it was best if you speed walked back. Left and right, back and forth, you looked in every direction possible, eyes wide and scared. You thought you heard a noise behind you. Scared, you picked up your pace. You almost reached the back entrance of the shop before you knew it, someone ran into you, hard.

 

Ouch!

 

You rubbed your head. You were too tired to get back up, so you laid at the ground for a while. You could feel someone heavily breathing on you.

 

Wait, who is on me?!

 

You gathered your surroundings and pushed the boy off. Just before you started to dart inside the shop, you quickly got a quick glance at the person. 

 

That person was no other than Kai.. the jerk you saw that afternoon.