Chapter One

What is Love.

A/N: Sorry it took awhile to update . We wanted to get a couple of chapters ahead so we don't procrastinate .

 

"Bye appa !"

 

You bent down to tie your shoe and gave a short wave to your dad before heading to school. You closed the door and stood on the front steps, taking a deep breath of air.

 

The sky's blue today . This is a good sign, ______ hwaiting !

 

You did a small gesture of pumping your fist and giggled before skipping down the steps . You spun on your heels and grabbed your blue bonnet bicycle , which your dad bought for your fifteenth birthday, and quickly got on before speeding off in the direction of Seoul Academy .

 

On the way there , you could see students left and right , dressed in crisp white shirts and navy pants or skirts, chatting with each other about how boring their weekend was , and the final essay that was due this week .

 

You sped off without giving them a second glance , determined to make it to school with a little bit of extra time to put your lunch and textbooks in your locker. You didn't have a lot of friends at this school , one to be exact , but you didn't mind . After all , being a new student was hard and Eunha was all you needed. You guys were perfect for each other .

 

In a short amount of time , you arrived at the front of the school gates . You hopped off your bike and guided it to the bike racks before meeting up at the benches near the gym . You and Eunha always met here every morning . Wandering around the hallways a bit , you spotted a girl with a black haircut and teal rain coat sitting on one of the benches . What stood out most were her feline-like eyes and her pale skin .

 

 

"Unnie !"

 

You shouted and ran towards your best friend , smiling widely . She was on the phone so she made an apologetic gesture before resuming to her phone call .

 

"Umma , I already told you I DON'T need a boyfriend , why do you keep telling me about it ? .. Yeah yeah I know I know . WHAT ?! No ! Umma , I don't want to meet your flower shop vender's son .. Aha , arasso , I'll talk to you later umma , have fun in China , I love you ."

 

Eunha snapped her phone shut and jumped up to hug tackle you .

 

"______-ah ! I've missed you so much , why didn't you call me ?" She ruffled your hair sweetly and gave a sweet smile .

 

"Mianhae unnie . I've been so busy with work ."

 

"Aish , you always say that . How long has it been since we last hung out , four years ago ?!" She laughed .

 

You opened your mouth , about to say that she was exaggerating when the bell suddenly rang . You pouted and gave Eunha another hug before dashing off to your first class of the day . You guys had separated floors for your class since Eunhae was two years older than you were .

 

"Bye unnie !"

 

"_______ , bye ! Take care and don't overwork your self !"

 

Eunha screamed arcross the hall with her loud voice , not caring about the looks other students were giving her . You chuckled . This was one reason why you loved her so much . She was so willing to be loud and bold, unlike you who was more conservative . But that didn't mean you didn't give people a piece of your mind when they were messing with you . You've only been here for a couple of weeks , but she already acted like you guys have been besties since forever .

 

Smiling a bit , you headed into class .

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Before you knew it , it was already lunch time . You sat at your usual table in the cafeteria , waiting for Eunha to arrive . In the meantime , you pulled out your sack lunch and started nibbling on your sandwich . A couple of minutes later , you felt a hand on your shoulder and turned around . It was Eunha .

 

"Hey ! How was class ?"

 

She asked as she sat down and took out her sack lunch as well . You two were the only ones in the school who brought their own lunches , since you both thought the food served was inedible .

 

"Boring like always ." You managed to say with your mouth full of lettuce and ham . You gulped it down and took a sip of orange juice before continuing .

 

"I had to-"

 

"OH MY GOD WHAT IS SHE DOING ?!"

 

Eunha suddenly interrupted you and pointed a finger in the other direction . You turned around and a couple of tables behind you , you saw a girl gripping a small lunchbox facing a boy . You could only see the back of the boy's head so you didn't know who he was . Uninterested , you turned back and continued to eat your sandwich.

 

Eunha slapped the sandwich out of your hands and jumped forward , grabbing your wrists with big owl eyes .

 

"DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING ? DON'T YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS ??!" She started shaking you back and forth .

 

You blinked . You had no idea what she was talking about . Finally , Eunha lowered her voice and whispered to you .

 

"See that boy that Jiyoon is talking to ? That's Kai ."

 

You blinked again and whispered back .

 

"Who's that ?"

 

Eunha gave a dramatic gasp and pulled back , her hand to her heart . She leaned in again and whispered .

 

"You don't know who Kai is ?! He's one of the worst people you could like at this school . He's a kingka , and trust me , don't even try falling for him . You'll just end up getting hurt . I also heard this rumor that he was in a gang but I don't know if that's true or not . He's seriously one of the biggest jerks here . I don't get why girls keep on confessing to him when they know he's gonna turn them down ."

 

You frowned your eyebrows .

 

Is he really a jerk ..

 

"See that guy next to him ?" Eunha continued . "The one hugging that girl ? Yeah that's Baekhyun , and that's his girlfriend , Yoomi . Don't get fooled by his looks , he seems nice in class , but he's really cold , especially when it comes to topics about Kai and Yoomi . They're best friends . Probably in the same gang too ."

 

You turned around and looked at the male named Baekhyun . You suddenly recognized him from one of your classes . He had English with you , and he was the one who always got good marks on his tests and always raised his hand for every question . You even remembered doing a partner worksheet with him once . He was really friendly to you .

 

"_______ LOOK !"

 

You turned around and saw Jiyoon holding out the lunchbox to Kai . You could now see the side of his face as he cracked his neck side to side . You had to hold in your gasp . You had to admit , he was beautiful . It was no wonder all the girls fell for him .

 

He doesn't look at all like someone who would be that rude .. Maybe unnie just had a bad past with him .

 

"O-Oppa .. I made this for you ."

 

You saw Kai give one look at it before taking it . The entire room was silent as they watched the scene in front of them .

 

See.. I don't know what Eunha was talking about he's not a jer-

 

Suddenly , Kai dropped the lunchbox on the ground , spilling out all of its contents and kicked it away from him. He rolled his eyes and gave a Jiyoon a bored look .

 

 

"I'm sorry , is this for me ?" He asked , his eyes lighting up with mischief .

 

Jiyoon was too shocked to say anything . She froze on the spot and looked down . Kai took this to his advantage and tipped her chin with his finger , making eye contact with her . You could tell Jiyoon was really scared . Kai smirked and whispered .

 

"Don't ever talk to me , again ."

 

You saw Jiyoon look over to Baekhyun for help , who had his arms around Yoomi . You remembered they were good buddies in English too . But this time ,

 

"What are you looking at ? He told you to go ." He coldly spoke to Jiyoon .

 

The last thing you saw was Jiyoon running out the door crying .

 

"See ? I told you so ." Eunha said as she stuffed herself with a sandwich .

 

I guess looks can be deceiving ..

 

You just shrugged it off and continued your day like any other day . When school  finally ended , you got out of the school and mounted your bike while saying goodbye to Eunha . It was time for you to head off to your job .