Chapter Twenty-Two

What is Love.

This time Baekhyun remembered to wake you up. You walked to the restroom half asleep and was about to open the door, when Kai came out with a towel wrapped around his waist. Your eyes widened and blushed seeing Kai half . Never in your life had to seen a boy his bare before. You couldn't help but stare at his abs.

 

"Can you move?" Kai smirked.

 

You shook your head, clearing the embarrassing thoughts out your head, and moved to the side. After he walked away, your eyes followed his figure.

 

What am I thinking?!  You mentally slapped yourself.

 

After brushing your teeth, fixing your hair, and getting dressed, you decided to head to school.

 

I wonder if they left yet. You were waiting for them, when you suddenly remembered that they didn't want anyone to know that they were in contact with you. You quickly exited the house and locked the door shut with one of the keys Baekhyun had given to you. Briskly, you made your way towards school.

 

When you reached the school's campus, you searched for Eunha. Should I tell her what happened yesterday? After looking everywhere for her, but when you still couldn't find her, you decided to head to class. For some reason, you felt as though everyone had eyes on you, and you couldn't shake off that feeling. You swore you heard your name a couple of times, but you just shook it off for now until you could find Eunha.

 

After the boring lecture you had in class, you headed to the cafeteria. You sat at the usual table where you and Eunha usually ate, but you still couldn't find her. Where could she be? If only my cellphone still had some battery left...

 

You couldn't charge your phone because the charger was still in your house. But there was no way of getting it when you still couldn't find your bag that contained the house keys. You huffed and grimaced. You weren't in the mood to eat, so you started playing around with your food, which you knew was really bad, but you couldn't help it. You groaned and dumped the food in the waste bin. You walked to the restroom when you were stopped.

 

You looked up to see Yoomi and her gang in front of you.

 

"Please excuse me ." You shyly said, trying to move to your right to get out of the way but one of the girls Yoomi was with blocked you.

 

"You're going to pay for what happened yesterday." Yoomi hissed. "Just wait..If Baekhyun decides to break up with me, you're going to Hell." She pointed her finger so close to your face that you thought she would pierce through it.

 

You showed no emotion because you weren't scared a bit. You ignored her threat and continued to the restroom. Before you walked in the restroom, you heard hushed voices around the fountain and near the lockers.

 

"Did you hear? I heard ______ is living with Kai and Baekhyun. That lucky ."

 

"Omo really? Where did you hear it from?"

 

"That lucky ! How come she gets to be with them, we're all totallly prettier than she is."

 

"Yoomi. She told me this morning. She also said that she's going to get revenge."

 

The girls giggled and headed out the restroom. You quickly turned the other way and avoided them.

 

Soon I'm going to the laughing stock of the whole school.

 


 

Guess I'm walking home alone. You sighed and started walking.

 

"Hey _____."

 

You turned to your side to see Baekhyun. At first, you were really happy, but then you started to wonder why he was walking with you.

 

"Why are you walking with me? Aren't you...uhh..suppose to avoid me?"

 

"Nope, not anymore. I don't care if the whole school knows you live with me. I mean, there's nothing they could do about it. Besides, even if they didn't know, I would have walked with you anyways."

 

You swore that he gave you a wink, but you couldn't make sure. Your hearts fluttered at his words, but you swallowed what you were about to say and just nodded.

 

The walk home was silent. You breathed in the cool and crisp air, looking around and the beautiful scenery. The area where you lived was surrounded by many beautiful trees, and just looking at them made you feel revived and fresh. You looked over to see Baekhyun deeply in thought.

 

"Baekhyun..." You whispered. Baekhyun looked at you curiously.

 

"Do you still like Yoomi?"

 

Baekhyun tensed up. He didn't think you would ask such a sudden question like that. To be honest, he didn't even know if he did either.

 

"None of your business." He scoffed.

 

You felt a little embarrassed. Why did I even ask him that?! Ughh you're so dumb, go get a brain! You yelled inside your head.

 

When you arrived at Baekhyun's house, you opened the door to see clothes thrown everywhere on the floor. What was shocking was that it wasn't just a guy's school uniform, but there was also a girl's uniform. You looked back at the doorsteps and noticed a pair of red heels. 

 

You looked at Baekhyun to see if he had an answer. His hand curled into a fist and stomped upstairs, screaming and cursing at nothing in particular. You flinched at the volume of his voice.

 

Inappropriate ideas ran through your head, but you shook them all off. Is that Kai's uniform? Is he.... You couldn't finish your thought when you heard moans from Kai and a girl from upstairs.

 

You were too disgusted and shocked to do anything. Kai, I never thought you were like this. Baekhyun walked down to see your pale face. He knew that you knew what was going on. You were shocked and disgusted by Kai's actions. You couldn't believe he was this type of person. Sure, there were rumors going, but you never bothered to believe them. You had hope in Kai, but right now, you weren't sure what to think of him.

 

"Baekhyun. Is Kai always like this?"

 

Baekhyun couldn't answer and sat next to you on the couch. Why am I crying? You couldn't understand why. Kai had nothing to do with you, yet you felt like your heart was shattered. Baekhyun pushed your head onto his shoulder and patted your back. Suddenly, you heard Kai's door open and both of them walked out.

 

"Thanks Kai." The girl said seductively, smirking at Kai and placing a wet kiss on his cheek before heading towards the livign rom. She started putting on her clothes without shame in front of you and Baekhyun.

 

"Leave." Kai pointed at the door. She was lost and replied, "What?"

 

"Get out of the house."

 

"But we jus-"

 

"I SAID GET OUT." Kai snarled.

 

"I knew you were a player. Just wait and see. I'm going to give pain to the girl you love most." With that, she slammed the door and stomped off.

 

Kai could already see you were scared without even looking. He felt guilty for what he did, but he really couldn't face you right now. He had to do what he did. That night where he saw Yoomi screaming at you, he didn't know what made him slap her, but, he couldn't force himself to see you helpless like that. Along with all the stress he had with figuring out what exactly he was feeling for you, another hospital bill had  came in and this time, it was even higher than before. He knew Sumi's end was approaching soon. He just had to find a way to relieve all that stress and the only way he knew how as by sleeping with other girls, no feelings attached.

 

On the other hand, you wanted to get away from this house for a while. You broke out of Baekhyun's embrace and headed out the door.

 

"You better apologize to her." Baekhyun said and walked away.

 

Kai sighed and ruffled his hair. He knew Baekhyun was right so he opened the door to run after you. Luckily, you had just exited the gate that surrounded the house, so it wasn't hard to catch up to you. "Yah, _____!" He grabbed your wrist and spun you around.

 

You yanked his arm away and ran. I never know what he can do to me. What if he decides to take ahold of me right now too?!

 

"Stop! Listen!"

"What is there to listen? What? You have an explaination for doing whatever you were doing with that girl back in there? Are you going to take advantage of me now and do the same thing? Let go!" You gritted your teeth.

 

Without saying anything, Kai hugged you. Your heart suddenly stopped beating, and your mind stopped functioning. This was the closest he had ever been to you, let alone having contact. You didn't know what to do.  You felt safe in his arms, they were warm and comforting, the way they wrapped around your waist felt so perfect, but knowing that the hands that were hugging you right now, was used to touch another girl, disgusted you.

 

Go, push him away. What are you doing? Although your brain was contracting you right now, you didn't want to leave him.

 

"Look, I was stressed out, and I know it's disgusting and wrong, but can't you forgive me?" He whispered, while he continued to hug you. He let go of one of his hands to start ruffling the back of your hair, his fingers massaging softly into your head. You didn't reply and suddenly, you started crying.

 

"Please? Can you forgive me?" He continued, his voice even softer.

 

"Why do I have to forgive you? I mean it's your life. It's not affecting mines, so why are you apologizing?" You muttered out, pretending not to care when in reality, it hurt you, more than the news of your father's illness and his upcoming death.

 

"I feel guilty if I don't apologize. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for everything, even from when we first met."

 

You couldn't be cold-hearted, so you nodded softly and he hugged you tighter, but the entire time, your arms were by your side. You told yourself you wouldn't hug him or touch him in any way until you were sure that what he meant was true. You didn't know if he liked you, or if you liked him back at all, but this was the start of a new friendship, perhaps.

 

Kai, you're such a bad boy you know that? I hope after this incident, you won't disappoint me anymore.

 

 


A/N: So are you happy or disappointed about Kai in this chapter? I mean he really messed up, but he made it up to you (kind of..) Just to clear things up, you, Baekhyun, and Kai are still more like friends, but some feelings might be developing, but I won't tell who...

And don't worry about Kris. He'll be appearing more later on, along with EXO K and EXO M too :)

I laughed a lot reading your comments about Yoomi HEHE (CHANYEOL HAPPY VIRUS MODE).