Chapter Twenty-One

What is Love.

You felt your head getting dizzy from staying in the cabinet too long . You could practically hear Yoomi's ear shrieking and annoying voice as she pranced through the house . She claimed to be tidying things up but you knew better . You had to stay hidden no matter what . It was for the sake of Baekhyun and Kai .

 

I can't let them down , I can't let them lose my trust .

 

Your heart suddenly started pounding harder when you heard her in the kitchen . 

 

"Oh ! Maybe I should start cleaning the cabinets and shelves ! If I'm going to be a good wife someday , I'll need practice wont' I oppa ?"

 

Baekhyun just sighed . He ran a hand through his hair and looked around , frowning . "Yoomi , seriously . I don't need you to clean or anything , can we just leave already ? I'll buy you whatever you want ." Yoomi just pretended to ignore him and continued opening and closing all the doors she could find . Baekhyun looked around in despair , wondering where you must have hidden . 

 

_________ , wherever you are , don't make a noise .. please .

 

You bit your lip and closed your eyes shut , as if it would make you hidden . The panging noises of cabinets near you got louder and you knew that sooner or later , you would be caught .

 

Oh god ... I'm so screwed . Please don't open this cabinet .

 

You in your breath as the cabinet besides you opened . All the cabinets in the kitchen were connected , and you could see the light emitting in . As quietly as you could , you tried to squish as much of your body to the opposite side , praying that Yoomi wouldn't see your feet . When she slammed that door shut , you immediately took action and scrambled to the side she just closed .

 

Yoomi , on the other hand , could already feel your presence . She smirked .

 

I know you're hiding in here . I'm not an idiot , I can hear your breaths .

 

She slowly reached for the handle of the side of the cabinet you were formerly behind . She yanked it open . "Aha !" But her smile fell . 

 

What the .. I swear I heard her in here . 

 

She was about to close the door when she saw your toes peeking out from the other side . She gave a small smirk . _______ I've got you now .

 

Meanwhile , Baekhyun had already left the kitchen and was frantically searching for you . He ran into the living room and pulled Kai up from his lying down position .

 

"Yah , where's ______? Did you see where she went ?"

 

Kai just gave a shrug and pointed to the kitchen . Baekhyun let out a groan and continued running around the house . 

 

God ______ I'm so sorry for this , but if Yoomi finds out you're here , we'll both be done for .

 

"_________ , I know you're there , I can see your toes you know ." Yoomi said playfully . 

 

You let out a small gasp and tried to pull your toes back in . Yoomi just gave a chuckle and reached over to open the other cabinet door , but like you did before , you moved back to the other side ! When Yoomi opened that one , you were nowhere to be found again . Back and forth , back and forth , you were moving side to side in the small cabinets , with Yoomi running back and forth , opening them up when she heard noise emitting .

 

She was so sick of this ! You were in one of the cupboards now , catching your breath . You knew this game was futile . She already knew you were there and you knew that she wasn't going to give up , especially when she was so close to catching you . Suddenly , the panel in front of you slid open , and there was Yoomi's face , grinning evily with satisfaction .

 

You let out a scream and kicked her face , scrambling out of the kitchen as fast as you could and into the hallways . You bumped into Baekhyun on the way but you could care less about that . All that was on your mind was that you had to get away from Yoomi !

 

You ran into the first room in sight and locked the door , panting as you slid down .

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

"WHAT is she doing here ?" Yoomi screeched when she finally got up from the floor . The first thing she did was slap her boyfriend hard in the face . He just looked ahead with an emotionless face .

 

"I-I thought , no wait , WHY is she even here !? What were you thinking , since when did she live with you ?!" Yoomi shrieked , pulling out her hair . Her face was now red with anger as she stomped back and forth . Tears were rolling down her cheeks .

 

"I.. I thought you loved me ."

 

"She's .. she's just a maid ." Baekhyun said , out of nowhere .

 

"Mwoh ?"

 

"She's a maid . That's it ." Baekhyun repeated , his eyes cold and emotionless .

 

I'm sorry _______ .

 

"Oh ..." Yoomi said softly , drying her tears . She went over to her boyfriend and grabbed his hands . "I'm sorry for overreacting baby .." She said , wrapping her arms around his neck , and leaning up slowly . Suddenly , she was pushed away . Baekhyun walked swiftly out of the kitchen and slammed the front door shut .

 

You heard Yoomi briskly walking into the hallway . She knocked on your door . You froze , not knowing whether you should answer or continue hiding like the cowward you were .

 

"Uhm .. I'm ... sorry for .. uh yeah . Back there . I didn't know you were just a maid .." She mumbled out .

 

You couldn't believe your ears , was Yoomi actually apologizing to you ? You got out of the covers and walked up to the door , unlocking it and peering your eyes out . The first thing you noticed was her red face as she looked down , embarrassed that she had just apologized to a lower being like you .

 

You blinked a couple of times . "It's .. okay ." Just as you were about to close the door again , Yoomi slammed her hand against it , her lips turning into a smirk . "Just wait a second .." She softly whispered , although you could hear the menace in her tone .

 

"You're the maid , right ?" Yoomi asked as she slowly pushed the door open . You started backing up , trying to look anywhere but in here eyes .

 

"Yah ! I asked you a question ."

 

"Y-Yeah , I am ."

 

"Good ." She smiled deviously again and grabbed you by your ponytail . She started pulling you by your hair into the kitchen .

 

"Ow ow ow ow ow ! Stop it !" You yelled , your hands going up to your head , trying to pry her fingers off . She paid no attention to you and dropped you down on the kitchen floor .

 

"Wash the floor !" Yoomi barked , her eyes glinting with mischief . You had no choice but to do what she ordered you to do . If you protested , then you would give out the fact that you weren't a maid at their house . Rising up , you filled a bucket with water and grabbed the nearby mop . While you were busy mopping the already spotless tiles , Yoomi 'accidentally' knocked over the bucket of soapy water .

 

"Omo ! I am SO sorry ." She said while smirking . She knew that you knew she was faking , and boy was she using this to her advantage .

 

I won't let Baekhyun down without a fight , you rat .

 

You just kept quiet and immediately ran into the bathroom to get towels to clean up the soapy mess . You returned , forgetting about the slippery tiles and you slipped easily , your back landing hard on the ground , making a smacking noise . The towels fell all around you . When you tried to get up , you felt hands on your shoulder push you down .

 

"YOU'RE SO USELESS." She crouched down to meet your eye level . "What kind of maid are you ? Oh , that's right . You're those kinds . The ones that'll do anything to sleep with Baekhyun or Kai , aren't you ?"

 

*SLAP*

 

It was as if time had frozen . You opened your eyes slowly , shocked that it wasn't you that was slapped , instead , the sight in front of you was a fuming Kai and Baekhyun and a tear streaked Yoomi . You noticed her cheek was slightly red .

 

No way ... Kai slapped her ?

 

"O-Oppa .." Yoomi whimpered softly . Neither Kai nor Baekhyun paid no attention to this .

 

"I don't know who the hell you think you are , but under no circumstances are you allowed to do anything like that . Even to her ." Kai snapped . He wasn't glaring at you , but you could feel the tension in the air and shivered .

 

"B-Baekhyun oppa .." Yoomi whined , looking up only to meet the dark eyes of her boyfriend .

 

"Please get out of my house ." He whispered darkly . 

 

"B-but I-"

 

"NOW ."

 

Yoomi immediately shut up . She quickly recovered and gathered her things , drying her tears on the way out . She went over to squeeze Baekhyun by the arm , but he just shook her off briskly . You had to admit , her shocked reaction was priceless . Before she exited the house , she threw you the scariest death glare you had ever experienced and you gulped . 

 

You knew somehow you were going to pay for all of this .

 

"Are you okay ?" You looked up to see Kai looming over you .

 

"I-I'm fine .." You answered carefully . He walked up to you and crouched down , cupping your cheeks in his hands . His face was barely an inch away from yours and you were pretty sure he could feel the heat from your face . He studied your face for a good one minute before letting go .

 

"You don't have any scratches or anything on your face ."

 

"Th-Thank you ."

 

"I know ."

 

You quickly bowed and stood up . Noticing the mess that Yoomi had made in the kitchen , you quickly headed over there and grabbed a towel , wiping up the soapy water , as you were trying to soak up the majority of it with your small towel , you felt warm hands cover yours . You looked up to see Kai almost sweetly smiling at you .

 

"Go ." He whispered . You didn't know what he meant , so you continued to stare at his face , his perfectly shaped pouty lips and his handsome face structure . He chuckled a bit . "I meant go take a shower , you pabo . I'll clean up here ."

 

"O-Oh . Okay !" You shot up and ran out of the kitchen almost immediately , wanting to avoid the awkward atmosphere . You were met with Baekhyun who had just exited the bathroom . When you stepped to your left to go in , he stepped to his right . You stepped to your right and he stepped to his left , resulting in the two of you in front of each other again . Baekhyun chuckled and placed his hands on your shoulders , turned you around , and directed you to the bathroom . He closed the door and locked it for you , you could hear his footsteps leaving .

 

You didn't know what was going on , why Baekhyun or Kai was treating you so nicely than other days . Was it because of the Yoomi incident ?

 

I wonder how long this will last..

 

 


A/N: You seem to be confused with some stuff about the story. She doesn't have her stuff because when she went to the nurse's office, she lost her school bag, which contains her house key and personal items. Therefore, she had to live with Baekhyun and Kai. She doesn't visit her dad because she has no ride and no money (doesn't have a job) LOL....but everything will connect later on :) I hope...

Hehe I love your comments about Kai. It seems like there's a lot more Kai fans here than Baekhyun?