Chapter Ten

What is Love.

You could feel your body aching all over. You could hear murmurings, but everything sounded like a dream. It was unreal . You couldn't believe this was actually happening to you . It had been a day already since you were captured , and was currently 5am .

 

Suddenly, you jumped when you felt a bucket of freezing water splash onto you. You immediately opened your eyes and tried to move from the wet spot, but you noticed that your eyes were blind folded and both of your hands and feet were tied up tightly with ropes .

 

"Finally you woke up." You could sense the smirk from the way he spoke .

 

You could feel the figure standing very close to you. You tried scooting back a bit towards the wall, but was stopped.

 

"Where do you think you're going huh?" You heard another man's voice.

 

How many of them are there?

 

"Now hand over the money or else you're going to regret it." You felt his hand on your shoulder.

 

You shivered , thinking of what he might do to you. Which one's worse? Being or killed? You continued the decision in your head , not realizing that one of the men had asked you a question . Upon being ignored , he slapped you hard . You flinched back and whimpered .

 

"C-can you please take the blindfold out of my eyes?" You begged.

 

For a second, you felt stupid for asking that question.

 

What do you think they are? The nice guys? Come on ________ ,  think for once.

 

Shockingly, you felt someone tugging on the blind fold. He wasn't gentle , and yanked a bit of your hair along with it . You gritted your teeth with the pain that came along . You rubbed the sore spot at the back of your head before looking up at your capturers .

 

When you regained your sight, after blinking a couple of times , you noticed that there were 5 boys surrounding you in an empty basement. You gulped when you saw that all of them with serious dark faces, and although the situation was quite grave , you couldn't help but thought that they were all extremely good looking as well .

 

"So? Do you have any money or not?" You saw one of them coming closer. He had jet black hair and fierce eyes that seemed to pierce through you . It was the one that had captured you .

 

"M-Money ..?" You carefully asked ?

 

"Yeah , won , dollars , coin , you know . Got any cash on you ?"

 

You feebly replied no , and the five gave each other knowing looks before looking back at you .

 

"Okay then. Your choice. You can't blame us anymore." They all said .

 

Tao was now 2 feet away from you. He bent down slowly and started touching the collar of your shirt , softly bending and pulling it down to expose your neck and collarbone .

 

"W-what a-are you doing!?" You shrieked , trying to pull back , but suddenly , another guy rushed towards you and held you still. He put his arm around your neck and put your head in a lock , making it uneasy for you to move .

 

"Just wait and see." He smirked. Tao continued and then to the buttons of your shirt.

 

"Please! I beg you! Please don't!" You begged and cried, thrashing around , kicking your legs . Trying to get away from all of the chaos happening . Tears were streaming down your cheeks . You just wanted all of this to stop .

 


 

Kai was carrying a bag full of money with him to EXO M's basement.

 

Just wait a big longer Sumin and you'll get the proper treatment. Oppa is coming to get some money for you.

 

He felt disgusting for having to do such a dirty job and using the money he gained from it to save his sister, but he had no choice. This was the only way to save his sister from dying. He walked in and he greeted by Kris.

 

"Ayo wassup Kai!" Kris greeted him and threw his arm over Kai's shoulder.

 

Kai cringed . He alwasy felt disgusted when Kris did that. He hated it when people touched him.

 

"I needa buy a couple more of those special packs you got from Tokyo last time . I have enough money for at least 10 of them ."

 

"Alright then. Come this way." Kris led him down to the basement where they kept most of the drugs , hidden , and in room temperature , safely stored . 

 


 

Suddenly, you saw two boys walking in. Both of them were super tall, but what threw you off was you knew one of them. 

 

What is Kai doing here? He works for these jerks?

 

You almost forgot that you were being . Your shirt was fully taken off and you only had a tank top left. Although the tears were still falling and your heart was beating rapidly, you didn't know why but when you saw Kai, you told yourself that you had to be calm. 

 

He looked at you with pity, but shook his head and continued to follow Kris.

 

"K-kai. Please help me!" You desperately yelled. You didn't know why you asked for his help. You felt embarrassed for having to ask him, especially when he clearly told you to stop showing yourself in front of him.

 

You saw Kai stop for a second, but then he just continued walking.

 

You jerk. Were you really serious? I thought you would at least have some feelings inside that cold heart..

 

The continued to make his way toward your tank top.

 

"Please! Don't! I'll do anything. Just please don't me. I beg you!" You cried, but he still didn't listen. You didn't know what else to do, but to unconciously beg and kick.

 

"! Stop moving or else I'll rip it instead. I'm playing nice here." He slapped your face.

 

You could taste the blood dripping down your lips from biting due to all the nervousness , but that didn't stop you from crying and kicking.

 


 

Kai could still hear your screams, and he felt a pang in his heart . His brain was telling him to just ignore it , but he knew his heart was feeling guilty for not saving you back there . 

 

"Ayo waddup Kris , why is that girl down there?" Kai asked Kris.

 

"Oh .. yeah ..." Kris rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly . "You see , the latest shipments we got , apparently Japan's economy is rising so the prices got higher . The drug lord , we're currently in his debt by a whopping one million won . We're just trying to get some extra cash by scaring some girls here and there . We're not going to actually hurt her or anything , but she keeps on denying that she doesn't have any money."

 

Kai mentally slapped himself . Sure , Kris was the leader of EXO M , and he was pretty ruthless and scary when it came to situations , but sometimes , he just came up with the most idiotic ideas ever . It drove Kai insane . Sometimes , he would even wonder why he was doing business with this guy in the first place . Sumin .. for Sumin .

 

"How much do you need?"

 

Kai, what are you doing ?!

 

"Huh?" Kris asked .

 

"How much do you want? Money for the girl." Kai looked away. He felt ashamed for having to say this. It made him furious , having a weak spot for you .

 

"All the money you have in that bag." Kris pointed to the bag Kai had in his hand .

 

Kai half wanted to hand over the money, but half didn't want to because of his sister. This money was supposed to be used towards Sumin. I feel like such a bad oppa. Mianhae, Sumin..

 

"Deal ."

 

Kris grabbed the bag from Kai's hand and dragged Kai to the basement again.

 

"Guys stop! Let her go. Someone paid for her escape." Kris ordered when they went upstairs again .

 

The boys whined and started to untie you. You felt weird and ashamed for having to face Kai half . You tried to avoid his stares at you and picked up your shirt. You dried away your tears and walked toward the exit.

 

You couldn't stop crying and you needed to say thank you to Kai, but you were afraid to.

 

Suddenly, you felt two hands on your shoulders and looked behind you. You saw Kai staring at you furiously.

 

"Thank you, but you didn't have to." You said quietly.

 

"You know, you're really funny. This morning I told you to stop showing yourself in front of me, but I guess you don't listen do you? Do you know that money I used could have saved my sister right there?" He yelled at you. He was so furious that he wanted to slap you.

 

"Then why did you save me?"

 

He didn't even know why he saved you.

 

"Aren't you the type that would ignore everyone and live your own peaceful life? I didn't even know that your heart could even care for someone."

 

Before you could continue, you felt a hard slap on your cheek again . 

 

Great. Three slaps today. Why do I even deserve this?  You quietly chuckled under your breath. You were going mad having to deal with this. 

 

"You are the worst girl I've ever met in my whole life. I'm going to say this one more time. Stop getting into my business. Who do you think you are? Trying to throw yourself into trouble so I can save you? Do you have any shame AT ALL? Try me again. I won't save you next time."

 

When he walked away, all you could do was break down and cry. You couldn't hold the tears any longer.

 

Does he think that I get into trouble on purpose so that he could see and save me? Does he think I have that much courage to do that? He doesn't even know what I have to go through. Why am I so unlucky. Why can't I just die already? Life is so meaningless, what's the point of living anyways.