Chapter Sixteen

What is Love.

By the time you had woken up , both Baekhyun and Kai were gone . You didn't know what else to do so you got up and tidied things up a bit . Baekhyun had offered you his room , but you politely refused. Kai objected too.

 

"Hell no! There's no way you're sharing a room with me . Why does she have to get the benefits?"

 

"It's my house , my rules ." Baekhyun had confirmed .

 

You groggily walked into the kitchen , still wearing Kai's t-shirt and pajama pants . It was summer time and it's been two days since you've stayed at their house . But with the drama like you getting kidnapped , your dad , Baekhyun , Kai , everything , you just couldn't take it anymore . As you were busy chopping up vegetables , you heard the door open and a plethora of voices were heard .

 

"Hey !" You heard someone shout . "It's clean in here , man , what did you guys do , hire a maid ?"

 

You heard all the footsteps coming into the kitchen and you froze , not knowing what to do . Before you could run out of there and seek refuge in Baekhyun's room , a hand had already slung around your shoulder and you dropped your knife .  

 

"Hey cutie ." A guy whispered into your ear . "What's your name ?"

 

"A-Ah .." You didn't know what to say . 

 

Luckily , Baekhyun had gone to your rescue . "Get your hands off her ." He barked sharply . The guy took his arm off and raised them in defense . 

 

"Ayy man , I was just checking out this new cutie . Who is she by the way?"

 

"None of your business Chanyeol ." Kai growled as he pushed past you and opened the fridge , looking for something to drink . The guy named Chanyeol raised his eyebrows as a devilish grin reached his lips .

 

"Say .." He looked at you and spoke in his deep voice . "You .. you wouldn't happen to be Kai's girl would you ?"

 

"BWOH ?!" You shrieked and quickly shook your hands in front of you as if to say that it definitely wasn't true . At the same time , Kai had spit out the milk he was drinking from out of the carton . He threw it at Chanyeol's head . All the boys in the kitchen made an 'Ooh' sound and started rushing up to Kai , patting him on the back and telling him to get some . He pushed them all away and growled .

 

"Shut it ." He grumbled a bit .  

 

"Oh ! He defended him and the girl . So you guys ARE going out !" Another guy exclaimed , his eyes widening . You looked at him like he was an alien . His eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets if they got any larger .

 

"A-Ani .. we-we're not anything ..." You trailed off , trying to avoid eye contact with Kai . You didn't want to get him even more mad . Every incident involving the two of you never seemed to end up well . 

 

Smoothly , Kai went over to you and slung an arm over your shoulder . "No touching the maid , alright ?" He gave a smug grin . Your eyes widened at what he said , and you immediately threw his arm off as well . You felt uncomfortable with all the strangers in this house . You felt like you were about to faint when Baekhyun put his arm around your waist .

 

"She ," He made sure to look at Kai while saying this , "is not our maid . She's my guest alright ? Don't bother her or anything , look , she's already pale from all the attention you guys have been giving her ."

 

As if by command , the four boys immediately stepped back from you and went back to whatever they were talking about before , completely ignoring you . You didn't know if you should be grateful or annoyed that they were so rude . It was obvious they were talking about you .

 

"Yeah thure . Hey hyung , can we go play playthation now ?" Another face asked Baekhyun . His face shined bright as he gave a meek smile . You noticed he had a lisp .

 

How .. adorable ... BWOH ?! ______ What are you thinking , these boys are probably as bad as Kai himself ! You mentally pounded your head for thinking such thoughts . 

 

"Okay Sehun ."

 

You gave Baekhyun a thankful look before quickly ducking out of the kitchen . Baekhyun had meant to say something else to you , but you had ran out before he could . Suddenly , he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around . It was the leader of the gang , Suho .

 

Suho gave a quick princely smile before asking seriously , "Who is she to you ?"

 

Baekhyun frowned a bit . "What do you mean ? She's my guest ."

 

"Well , I don't see you ever interacting with a guest like that . Besides , since when did you even start talking to girls besides Yoomi ? You're still together with her , aren't you ?" He raised an eyebrow , and Baekhyun almost gave in to his handsome looks . It was one of his weaknesses and one of Suho's advantages . 

 

"Of course I am !" Baekhyun snapped .

 

Suho gave him a frown but continued on . "Well , this is just my opinion , but I think you should do something about your 'guest' ," He made quotes around the word guest , "before things really get out of hands ."

 

"...What do you mean ?"

 

"I'm sure you know exactly what I mean Baekhyun . Don't be in denial for too long , you might just drive her away with your obliviousness ." Suho gave his dongsaeng a pat on his shoulder before heading into Kai's bedroom as well . Baekhyun didn't know why , but his face was radiating off heat . For some reason , he wanted to check to see if you were okay before going back to his friends . He opened his bedroom and found you curled up in the sheets , looking up at him .

 

"Hi ."  You meekly said , your voice muffled by the bed sheets .

 

"Uh .. hey ." Baekhyun awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and stood there . It took him awhile until he mustered up enough courage to go up to you . When you saw him approaching , you immediately hid under the bed sheets and flipped over to the other side .

 

O-Omo .. what is he doing ?!

 

Much to your relief , he just sat at the end of the bed , where your feet was , looking out the window . At first , it was a little awkward and you were really tense , but when you realized that Baekhyun wasn't going to do anything , you relaxed and pulled out of the bed sheets , sitting up .

 

"So uh ... sorry about .. all the commotion back in the kitchen . Just ignore my friends , they're douchebags ."

 

"..........."  

 

"..........."

 

"It's .. fine ." You softly spoke .

 

"Yeah ..."

 

It was another awkward silence . Baekhyun quickly got up , not being able to handle the tense atmosphere and slammed the door shut on his way . You pouted and slumped down in the bed . You really didn't know why he always acted like this , one minute nice and sweet and the other distant . You really did wonder if he had a bipolar personality , but you were too afraid to ask .

 

After awhile , you got bored of just lying in bed all day , so you decided to go out and do something .

 

Make them lunch , dinner ..? I wonder till what time will they be staying . I should go ask them ? Ani , what if they gave me weird looks ? Aish !! I don't know what to do .

 

When you stopped in front of Kai's door , you heard shouts and laughs emitting from the other side . You took a deep breath and twisted the door knob , ready to enter . It didn't budge .

 

Bwoh ?! They locked it ! Shoot ! How embarrassing , I can't run away now , they'll know it's me ! I'm the only one in the house !

 

You had a mini panic attack as you tried come up with something to do when suddenly , the door opened . It was the same boy with the alien eyes before . 

 

 

 

"Omo , it's the maid!" He exclaimed . His eyes widened again and you had to stifle a laugh . You had to admit that he looked really cute as well .

 

I wonder if all of Kai's friends are cute ..

 

"Uhm .. I-I was wonderin- I mean , are you hungry ?" You blurted out , causing him to widen his eyes even more . You felt uncomfortable under his stare and was about to leave when you heard another voice . 

 

"Yah , Kyungsoo , what are you blabbering about ?" 

 

Another boy came up and rested his hand on the panda boy's shoulder . He looked at D.O's expression and covered his mouth to keep from laughing .

 

 

 

"May I help you , Miss ?" He asked politely , giving off a handsome smile . You couldn't help but melt at it .

 

"I-I was just , uhm , do you want anything to eat ? I'll make you something ."

 

The boy gave another breathtaking smile and replied back politely . "Ah no thank you , we'll be alright . Thank you for asking though ."

 

"A-Ah , arasso ."

 

You bowed down to him and he gave another hearty laugh , his facial features lighting up and making him at least 10x more handsome .

 

"My name is Suho , by the way ." He held out his hand and you carefully shook it ."

 

"________ imnida ."

 

"A pleasure to meet you then , _______sshi ." He smiled again .

 

"Y-You too ."

 

You heard Kai call Suho in , and he gave you another small smile before closing the door and bidding a small farewell . Not having anything else to do , you  went back into the bedroom and slept the entire Sunday away , forgetting everything from the rowdy boys and Suho's handsome smile to your sick father .