Chapter Five

What is Love.

You were waiting for your English teacher to come. Last night you couldn't sleep at all because your dad was very sick. He was coughing constantly and needed you by his side just in case anything bad happened. The entire night, you stayed by his side and tended to his every need. He even told you to go to bed, but you couldn't force yourself to, knowing how weak he was.

 

You even forgot all about the incident at the dress shop. You decided to just close your eyes for a bit, but little did you know it turned into a quick nap. You could hear people calling your name in your dreams, but you couldn't see them anywhere.

 

That was when you heard a smack on your desk. You quickly woke up and stared at your surroundings. Mr.Lee was holding a ruler and staring at you angrily. 

 

"_____! Who allowed you to sleep in my class?" He yelled.

 

"Mianhaeyo." You slightly bowed your head. You were still tired and sleepy, so you asked Mr.Lee if you could go to the washroom. 

 

"Go ahead and hurry up."

 

You ran to the washroom and rapidly splashed water on your face. You could feel the whole world rushing back to you.

 

Much better _____. No more sleeping, school time. You lightly slapped your cheeks. 

 

While running back to class, you accidently bumped into a girl that was exiting the classroom. Both of you were pushed back by the collision but she fell on the ground.

 

"Omo! I'm so sorry!" You quickly helped her up.

 

She slapped your hand away and stared angrily at you.

 

Crap! Isn't that Baekhyun's girlfriend?

 

It was a good thing all she did was huff, pick up her stuff then walk away. You could hear her curse under her breath. 

 

You walked back to your seat, already bummed out by the back luck you had today. You noticed that your books that was on your desk were gone. You stared around the room, searching for your supplies, but you didn't see it anywhere. 

 

Did I forget it at home? No, couldn't be. I made sure to bring it today..

 

You then heard these popular girls giggling behind you. You had a hunch that those girls had your books. You shyly walked over to their desks in the back and politely asked.

 

"What the hell are you talking about? Why would I have your books? Leave before I call the teacher."

 

They gave you a  death glare and you gulped, obviously intimidated by them. But you stood your ground stared at them in disbelief because you saw your books in her bag.

 

"Give it back! Stop fooling with me. I see it in your backpack right there!" You tried grabbing her backpack, but she pushed you away.

 

You fell and landed hard on your . The classroom erupted in laughter and Mr.Lee looked at you like he wanted to kill you on the spot.

 

"_____! Is there a problem with you today? You know what? I'm sending you to the office." He started writing the detention note when you heard Baekhyun told Mr.Lee to stop. 

 

"Excuse me?"

 

Baekhyun walked up to the immature girl and grabbed her bag. She was too scared to do anything rude to him. She was afraid if she spoke up, the other girls in school will kill her for talking back to a Kingka. 

 

He grabbed the books out and handed it to you. You shyly smiled and whispered, "Thank you."

 

"Yeah whatever." He quietly said.

 

You gave him a confused expression, a bit hurt by the way he acted towards you even though he helped you. You walked back to your seat and you could tell Mr.Lee was frustrated. 

 

"Okay, so as I was saying, we're going to have a project-"

 

"Is it a group project?" The students asked.

 

"Yes-"

 

"Do we get to choose our partners?"

 

"No. I will be choosing for you." The class groaned but Mr.Lee ignored them.

 

"I'll be calling your partners out so listen up."

 

You waited to hear your name. Come on.. please please... I don't care who I get, just as long as it's not those stupid girls.

 

"______ and Baekhyun."

 

You stared at the teacher in disbelief.

 

No way.....

 

You stared at Baekhyun to see his reaction, but it looked like he didn't care. He wasn't even looking in your direction and was texting someone.

 

"Your project is to do a poster on the book we just read." 

 

The bell rang and we were dismissed.

 

You saw Baekhyun ready to leave class, so you quickly packed your stuff and ran up to him.

 

"Baekhyun-sshi! When and where do you wanna work on the project?"

 

He shrugged. "Whenever is fine. I don't care." He started to walk away.

 

You ran up to him and pulled his hand back. "How about after school at my house? Just find me in the front of the school and we can walk to my house."

 

You didn't notice that you were still holding his hand until you followed his eyes to where he was looking at. You blushed and pulled your hand back. He walked away before you could say sorry.

 


 

You were waiting for Baekhyun in front of school. You looked at your watch. The bell rang 10 minutes ago and he was nowhere to be found.

 

What if he's not going to come? No...I don't think he would make me wait...Would he?

 

You waited and waited. The sun started to set and he was still no where in sight.

 

Maybe he didn't come after all.

 

You were hurt and disappointed. You were deciding to just give up and walk home, when you noticed a shadow coming towards you. You looked up and saw that it was Baekhyun. You didn't even bother asking why he came so late and just stood up and started walking.

 

"Follow me." You managed to say. You were a little hurt that he didn't even say sorry to you.

 

I guess I can't expect too much from him...

 

When you arrived, you opened the door quickly, and the first thing you did was run into your dad's room to see how he was doing, leaving Baekhyun alone in the living room.

 

"Appa, are you fine? One of my classmate came today to work on a project, so I hope you don't mind. Don't worry, I'll check on you as much as I can." You reassured him a smile and walked out of his room.

 

Baekhyun followed you to your room and awkwardly stood in the middle of the room. Your room was neat and tidy with every little thing was organized and put in their respective places. The only thing that really threw him off was the amount of Super Junior and SHINee posters you had in your room. 

     

 

(A/N: I couldn't resist ^____^ This is my room. -vitaminnie)

 

You asked Baekhyun to do the gluing and cutting while you focused on what to write. You were working dilgently on your work, immersed it in. For the rest of the couple of hours, the two of you were doing your respective task, the room enveloped in a comfortable silence.

 

Whenever you heard your dad coughing, you ran out your room and rushed to your dad. "Appa! Are you okay?" You gave him a cup of water to drink.

 

"I'm fine. Go study." He said hoarsely. After you made sure he was okay, you returned to your own room and continued to finish the project.

 

"Who was coughing." Baekhyun asked, without even a tone of question in his voice, like he didn't even care to ask in the first place.

 

"Huh? Ohh..uhh..Nothing. It's just my brother. He's sick." You lied.

 

Baekhyun just nodded. Once in a while, you would see him spend his time on his phone texting someone. You could tell that he was happy with that smile of his every time a message popped up.

 

You secretely blushed and automatically slapped yourself for being stupid. You didn't want to keep him here any longer, so you told him he could leave.

 

Baekhyun nodded and he even felt kind of bad that he was making you do all the work, but he would rather be with Yoomi, so he just agreed. When he was walking out of your house, he noticed a tired old man in the living room. He was coughing violently, trying to walk to his room. He and the old man met eyes, and the man gave him a sincere smile, his eyes lighting up, crinkling with happiness before he went into his room.

 

Why did she lie to me? He tilted his head a bit and left the house in curiosity.