Fate's Payback

It Started With A Bet!

 

 
 
Listen to: Infinite- Paradise
 
Dongwoo's POV:
 
 
I ran and ran to find Yaelin. I ran to the cafeteria but didn't find her there. I went to their dorm, but didn't find her there either. I tried checking if she was with her friends, but Jihyun said they thought Yaelin and I were together.
 
"Tssh! You got it all wrong! Aissh! Why did you even believe her?! And where could you be?!" I thought loud.
 
I grew tired so sat on a bench near the football field. I felt so stupid when I realized that one thing that I didn't try to do- CALL HER.
 
I fished my phone out from my pocket and pressed on my speed dial. Her phone was ringing, but she was dropping my call on purpose. I tried ringing her phone for thirty times, but she would just do the same thing!
 
"Damn it Yaelin! You didn't even let me explain!" 
 
"CAUSE YOU'RE SUCH A MORON!" A familiar voice yelled behind me.
 
I turned around to see Yaeliin. Her arms grasped tightly on the straps of her backpack, and what she thinks remains unreadable. She was staring straight into my eyes, but I can't understand what her stare is trying to tell me. I hate it when she's so hard to read. I can't even say a single a word when she stares at me like that... Like any minute now, she could just... leave me.
 
"What? Are you just going to stand there and look at me?"
 
I quickly regained my consciousness and cleared my throat. I walked to her and breathed heavily, "It's not what you think it is.. I was just trying to talk to her.."
 
She scoffed, "That close? Sweet."
 
"It's not what you're thinking."
 
"What are you two talking about?" She asked. 
 
Again, I became tongue tied and heaved a heavy sigh. I don't know if I should tell her that it was a threatening match between me and Ailee. And I was threatening Ailee not to tell her about the bet my friends and I made. It'll piss her off for sure.. Or worse, she will HATE ME. 
 
I don't have the guts to hurt her, but I can't lie to her either.  I should've seen this coming. I should've prepared myself for this. I'd rather tell her the truth and face whatever I have to face, than to lie to her face. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Look, I-I have to tell you something..." I started nervously, "The reason I was alone with Ailee in that room in the first place, is because I was trying to stop her from saying these things to you...
 
Before I started dating you, I made a bet with my friends."
 
"Where is this going Jang Dongwoo? And what are you trying to tell me exactly?"
 
"We made a bet, and the bet was about you. It was just for fun for the seven of us. If you agree to go on a date with me, then Sungjong, Woohyun, and Hoya wil be our slave. Sungyeol, and Sunggyu hyung were on my side, and L was neutral." I explained. 
 
"I was so focused on the bet that I tried everything to pursue you. Sure, I find you attractive, but I wasn't really that serious about you. And my only goal was to win the bet... But then...
 
You did something to me. You opened my eyes. You made me see something that I haven't seen before. You made me realize that I should win you because I have feelings for you.. And I didn't realize that until I did... I fell.. hard...
 
.. I became crazy about you. And I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about this, but please don't think that I fooled you or that I used you, because everything that I showed you was real. I have changed for the better, and it was because of you. I'm really sorry. I love you, Yaelin." I finished. Yaelin stood there but didn't say anything.
 
Who  would've thought that a tough player like me would tear up because of a girl? As of now, I don't care if anyone sees me crying. After all, I probably deserve this. Fate's payback. Fate is giving me the lesson I deserve. Fate is giving me the lesson I should've learned long time ago. Cause I broke too many hearts, fate made me fall in love. Fate gave me Yaelin, and fate used Yaelin to have it's payback on me.
 
I looked at Yaelin, and walked to her. I held her hand tight. I was expecting her to shove my hand away, but she didn't. Even worse, she stood there and didn't move, as if I was nothing.
 
She just smirlked and raised her other hand. I shut my eyes and prepared myself for the hard slap across my face that was about to happen.