A Friend's Help

It Started With A Bet!

 

 
LISTEN TO: 2PM- I can't
 
 
 
YAELIN'S POV:
 
Stupid Dongwoo! He didn't even get what I was saying. Tsshh. He dares to announce to the whole campus that he has memorized "The Girl Dictionary". Wow. I was just trying to ask him if he really wanted to date me because he likes me. Is that even a hard question?
 
That ..
 
Oh wait,
 
HOLY !
 
I CAN'T BELIEVE I ASKED HIM THAT QUESTION!! 
 
Crap! 
Crap! 
CRAP! 
 
Dongwoo isn't a cassanova for nothing! I shouldn't have asked that! Cause by now, he's probably thinkin' that I asked him that question because I like him too! KNOWING THAT ERTED DINOSAUR, HE'S PROBABLY ASSUMING BY NOW!
 
UGGHHH~
 
Tomorrow, I shall clear things with him... But then I'd sound like.. I'd sound like I'm being defensive. ><
 
Oh, joy. This life is giving me so much to think about. I should probably just ignore him tomorrow LIKE HOW I WOULD ALWAYS DO. Right.
 
--------
 
So the next day at school, I was roaming around the campus since it's the of my classes already. Not to mention, my last class, since Dongwoo was in there, I was pestered by him the whole time. I don't know why. It's not like he's been talking a lot and teasing me again, no. But he's looking at me ALL THE TIME. He's been showing this goofy smile. Man, I know what's running in your mind right now, but no, I don't like you.
 
I felt like a mouse under an experiment. 
 
I quickly disappeared from his sight right after the bell rang. I don't want to talk to him about what I said. Why? Eh, because he'll probably jump to a conclusion that I like him, which is a LIE. And if I would deny, he'll still push it, for sure. ><
 
Okay, back to reality. I think I saw Dongwoo from the corner of my eye, walking his way to... Holy . 
 
ME.
 
I quickly walked away... Quick. Really, really quick, that I don't even know where my feet is taking me, until I ended up in the school garden. Guess I lost sight of him again. YES! 
 
I fist pumped in the air and grinned. And then I stopped. I realized how stupid I look at that moment. Tshh, so I propped myself and coughed awkwardly as if someone was watching me. Man, I could really be weird at times... Okay MOST OF THE TIME!
 
I looked around the garden. Oh, how lovely it is to stay in this place right now! It's too peaceful and quiet, just the way I like it. There are too many trees and flowers that are very pleasing to see.
 
I made myself comfortable in the place by sitting on a wooden bench. I stretched my neck and arms up and closed my eyes while saying, "Oh gosh, what a day."
 
It was too nice to be alone in moments like this. Or atleast I thought I was alone. Cause after mumbling those words, somebody from behind me suddenly said,
 
"Why? How was your day?"
 
My eyes quickly shot open and my arms dropped to my side. I turned around to see a guy... One of Dongwoo's friends actually. The guy who looked like he's always set to kill somebody.. I believe his name was L.
 
Before I could even reply, L sat beside me and smirked.
 
"So what are you doing here?" He asked.
 
"Nothing." I replied.
 
"Shouldn't you be in your dorm room already? I mean, your classes are over right?"
 
"I could ask you the same thing." I replied.
 
"I always come here after class.. so..."
 
The two of us became quiet. I didn't reply because I don't think I should say more. Besides, I'm not even friends with this guy.
 
"So, how do you find my friend Dongwoo?" He suddenly asked.
 
I cocked my eyebrow and smirked, "Are you seriously asking me that question?" But he just shrugged.
 
"You know, I'm not saying this to help my friend." I looked at him as he looked straight, "He may be a cocky player as what you all think, but he's actually a nice guy." He continued. "I don't know if you  have heard this from the gossips around this campus, but Dongwoo has never done so much effort for a girl before."
 
"Maybe because he doesn't need to. I mean, he is a player, right? He could immediately get a girl without much effort. Too bad for him, I'm not easy to get." I replied, but L shook his head.
 
"That's the point. If he knew that you weren't the type of girl that would fall for his trap, he could've left you alone already. But no, he's still trying his best to win you."
 
That was when I furrowed my brows, "This isn't the the first time that Dongwoo did this, is it?" I asked. 
 
I know I don't know much about him, but hey! Eversince I got into this school, all I could hear were the rumors about him and his friends being heart-breakers and all!
 
"I don't know if you would actually believe this, but no. This is the first time that he's doing so much effort to win a girl for a date." And then he looked at me and smiled, but his expressions were saying that he's serious.
 
"Maybe my friend Dongwoo does like you after all."
 
"He said that to me once, but we were bickering that time so I don't think he was being serious," I blurted.
 
"You'll never know Yaelin." Then he sighed, "Think about it. Why would he even bother to ask your friends about your favorite stuffs? Right? I've been with Dongwoo for a long time now, and honestly, I've never seen him so eager to win a girl before. Now I'm not saying this for you to agree on dating him. I'm saying this because this is exactly the way I see things in front of me,"
 
I became quiet but nodded as a respose. And then he stood up,
"The boys are probably looking for me now. I should go." He said.
 
I stood up as well and replied, "Yeah, I should too.."
 
We were about to walk in different directions but before I could go farther away from him, 
 
"Think about what I said Yaelin," He reminded and then I just nodded once.
 
 
And I thought you were a stone wall..