Keep Your Friends Close, And Your Enemies.. CLOSER

It Started With A Bet!

 

LISTEN TO: EXO- Into Your World
 
That same day, you and Dongwoo went to the mall. 
 
"So babe, what do you think?"
 
"Looks nice." You replied.
 
He scratched his head and said, "That's what you said with the past three shoes that I tried!"
 
"They all look nice.." You answered back. He removed the shoe and sat down beside you.
 
"You're so off today. What's wrong?" He asked and wrapped an arm around your waist.
 
"Nothing," you replied nonchalantly.
 
"It doesn't look like it's nothing.."
 
"I already said it was nothing." You sounded almost irritated. Dongwoo thought of an idea and smirked, "Well then.." he said and started tickling your sides. You tried to free yourself from his grip and tickles but you couldn't, since you were laughing so hard- enough for you to lose your strength.
 
People your age who pass by the two of you would look at you and giggle because of your cuteness together. On the other hand, old- age people who would pass by the two of you would give you weird looks. It made you fluster in embarassment.
 
"OKAY! OKAY! I GIVE UP! I'LL SAY IT!" You plead.
 
"Shoot."
 
You fixed yourself and heaved a heavy sigh, "Ailee.. Ring any bells? I met her this morning. She's back from Japan." From a wide smile, to a sour facial expression, Dongwoo's face turned upside down. "I know your story with her, it's okay." You said.
 
Dongwoo clicked his tongue and shook his head, "I'm not so sure about that... Cause it's you that I'm worried about." He said.
 
You held his hand and interlaced his fingers with yours. He looked at you and you gave him a smile, "You do know that I'm a tough girl, right?" You raised your brows and smirked. He chuckled and pulled you into a hug.
 
"Now this is why I love you..."
 
Your eyes widened and you froze. Dongwoo was also surprised with what he said.
 
"Yah! D-DID YOU JUST SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME?!"
 
"I-I s-said I..."
 
"DON'T TAKE IT BACK!" You warned.
 
"Ho-- Why? Do you love me too?" 
 
"Of course you pabo!" You said, jumped onto him and hugged him tight. "Ooof!" Dongwoo chuckled and hugged you even tighter.
 
"I want to hear you say it.."
 
"Hmm? Say what?"
 
"Tsssh! That you love me! Pabo!"
 
"Uhh, do I have to?"
 
"YAH!"
 
You chuckled and kissed his cheek. "I love you, pabo!"
 
"And I love you too baby." He replied and smiled.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Hand in hand, you walked around the mall with Dongwoo.
 
"Hey baby, let's buy those... "
 
You didn't look to where he pointed since your attention was attatched to something you wanted to buy too.
 
Suddenly, you bumped into a tall man with a red hair. The man was indeed familiar.
 
"Ooof!"
 
"OW, my head!"
 
"YAH! Watch where you're going!" Dongwoo fumed then checked you, "You okay?" He asked worriedly and you nodded. You looked at the guy and your eyes widened.
 
"CHUNJI SUNBAE!" You beamed. You let go of Dongwoo's hand and hugged Chunji. Chunji chuckled and hugged you back.
 
Dongwoo stared at the two of you and furrowed his brows while gritting his teeth, fists turning into a ball.
 
"How have you been, princess?"
 
"Why are you still calling me a princess? It's embarrasing!" You whined and pulled off from your bear hug. He smiled and messed your hair. 
 
Dongwoo who felt out of place coughed and cleared his throat. You and Chunji looked at him. You ran awkwardly back to Dongwoo's side to introduce him to Chunji and said,
 
"Sunbae, this is--"
 
"Jang Dongwoo." Chunji interrupted.
 
"Nice to see you again Lee Chanhee." Dongwoo smirked.
 
"Wait, how do you guys know each other?" You asked confused.
 
"It's a long story Yaelin. Anyway, it was nice bumping into you again. I would really like to catch up about you princess, but I have to go now. Gotta run some errands for my sister." He said. "I better get going. I hope to see you again some other time, princess!" And then he started to walk on the opposite direction. 
 
But before he finally disappeared, he gave Dongwoo a dirty look, which Dongwoo gladly gave back. "See you around Jang Dongwoo.." He whispered.
 
"er." Dongwoo hissed.
 
When Chunji had finally disappeared, Dongwoo held your hand and then the two of you started walking as well.
 
You already know that something was fishy between the two of them. You thought only stupid people wouldn't figure that out. 
 
"What's with you and sunbae?" You asked.
 
Dongwoo knew that you and Chunji are good friends-- really close friends, and he doesn't want to break whatever bonds the two of you just because of their mess.
 
"We met at a random bar before. We aren't that much in good terms, but it's nothing serious." He reasoned out calmly and smiled in assurance. You nodded and bought his explanation... for now.
 
You could feel that something could be even worse. They gave off dirty looks and smirked at each other, but you were very sharp to miss it. You just tried to pretend as innocent as possible. But you were determined to find it out yourself... 
 
*What's the thing between the two of them?*