Eavesdrop

It Started With A Bet!

 

 
 
 
"He came for you again?"
 
"I thought he's done with you? He already had his revenge, right?"
 
"It was one of his men." Dongwoo replied while wiping the blood from the cut on his lower lip. 
 
"What is it about this time?" Sunggyu asked.
 
"I don't know. He just attacked me. I had no choice but to break his neck." Dongwoo replied. 
 
"Good thing you're not that injured hyung. Yaelin will worry too much if she'll see you like that. You do know how much she hates it when you get into fights..." Sungjong reminded.
 
"Right. You wouldn't want her to do the what she didi to you last time.." Woohyun cracked.
 
Dongwoo just smiled when he remembered what happened that time. You saw him one night with a bruise under his jaw because he got into a fight in a bar. You got so pissed and worried to much that he had no choice but to endure your nagging and wrath in front of his friends.
 
*She may nag too much, but I'd like to keep her that way.. That just shows how much she cares for me.* Dongwoo thought.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
"What happened to your lip?" You asked.
 
"Uh- oh! Someone's gonna get it from a certain somebody todaaayy ~~" Hoya sing- songed.
 
"Yah, you still have to go get my clothes from the dry clean, LOSER! GO! NOW!" Dongwoo yelled.
 
You squinted your eyes and asked calmly, "Really, what happened?"
 
"You don't remember? You bit my lip last night.."
 
"YAH!" You screamed and covered Dongwoo's mouth. His friends and your friends chuckled and your face flustered red.
 
"I told you not to breath anything about these things!" You said through your gritted teeth. Dongwoo couldn't help it but laugh. He held your hand that covered his mouth and pinched your cheeks. 
 
"You're so cute when you blush!" He cooed.
 
"Okay love birds, sorry to interrupt. But just incase you didn't hear, the bell just rang. Next class starts in five minutes.." Hyuna said.
 
"I'll see you later." Dongwoo stood up and pecked your lips. You nodded and waved him goodbye. Together with your friends, you walked to your next class as well.
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
After class, you and your friends spent time bonding with the Infinite boys in their dorm room. It was unbelievable, really! The fact that your friends hated the boys before made it unbelievable to you. Luckily, they became close and in good terms ever since you and Dongwoo started dating.
 
"Okay, so who's turn is it next?" Gayoon asked.
 
"It's Dongwoo's turn." Hoya replied.
 
"It's my turn to ask right?" Jihyun asked and you all nodded.
 
"Okay so Dongwoo.." she started, "Have you... ever lied to Yaelin?" She raised her brows.
 
"No."
 
"Ever?"
 
"Never." He answered firmly.
 
"So it's my turn now!" Sungjong beamed. "Yaelin noona? What do you hate the most?"
 
"I have a lot of things I hate Sungjong. Most of the things I hate are of the same level. It'll take me 'til tomorrow to state them."
 
"Well, think of the most specific one." He said.
 
You bit your lip and held your chin while thinking. "Ah!" You snapped your fingers, "I hate it when people use me... or when they play tricks on me." You started. "It's can't actually say that it's okay if they lie. Everyone who comes into your life would eventually lie to you, either for the good or the bad. It's just that, I don't like it if they would lie to me because they need something from me." You said and they all nodded.
 
"Hmm.. Does that go the same for a bet?" Myungsoo asked.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"You know, when people try to win you, or something from you, out of a bet.." He explained. You looked at him once in nodded. Myungsoo smirked and looked at Dongwoo who gulped from his seat.
 
Suddenly, somebody knocked on the door. Sungyeol stood up and opened it. It was the house-keeper, reminding you all that by this time, you should be back in your designated dorm rooms.
 
"Curfew ." Sohyun murmured.
 
And then, you all started cleaning up. After that...
 
"I'll see you tomorrow morning baby~" Dongwoo cooed and gave you a kiss.
 
"Hmm." You nodded, "Goodnight."
 
You and your friends bid them goodbye and left their dorm.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
"Dongwoo hyung.." Sungjong called.
 
"Oh?"
 
"What if Yaelin noona finds out that one of the reasons why you pursued dating her was because of our bet?"
 
"She doesn't have to know." Dongwoo firmly replied. "I'm dating her because I like her and I have feelings for her. She doesn't have to know about that stupid bet. I don't want her to think that I just fooled her. You heard what she said just minutes ago.. Besides, I can't bear to hurt Yaelin." Dongwoo replied with all sincerity. "She means too much to me." He continued.
 
Woohyun patted Dongwoo's shoulder and smiled, "You're really changed man!"
 
"I know right? It's like a completely new- scratch that! Different Dongwoo we're facing right now!" Sunggyu said.
 
Suddenly, Hoya's attention was drawn when he heard that their door creaked and saw that it was opened ajar. He noticed a shadow of a female figure with long hair. It seems like the girl was eavesdropping from their conversation. Dongwoo noticed it too and called out, "Hey! Who's in there?!"
 
The female figure seemed to be startled and ran too fast. Dongwoo ran to catch whoever it was but he was too late.