Blessing In Disguise

It Started With A Bet!

 

Listen to: B1A4- Only One
 
 
YAELIN'S POV:
 
One Friday night, I've been tossing and turning a lot on my bed. Seems like the word 'sleeping' isn't on my vocabulary that time. I've been lying onto too many positions already, only to find myself tossin' and turning around for the umpteenth time.
 
I grew tired so I decided to bolt up and take a walk outside. By this time of hour, students aren't allowed to roam around the campus. So I guess I'm just gonna have to bring myself to that mini kitchen down this floor.
 
We have this mini kitchen that contains groceries like milk or some stuffed food, etc. provided by the school so that the students don't have to go out to buy stuffs that they need. There are also some first aid kits in the shelves, some neccesities like napkins and tampons... You can probably now imagine what I'm talkin' about.
 
So anyway, I made my way to that mini kitchen. It was a little dark since the only light that's was the light from the kitchen. I grabbed some chips and and stirred myself coffee. My tastebuds are pretty weird today, I just feel like eating and drinking those two together.
 
Oh, did I mention that I brought my laptop with me? I knew it would be taking me a while to stay here that's why I brought it along so that while I'm eating, I could also surf around the web or probably watch some movies.
 
It was exactly 3 in the morning when I suddenly heard some shuffling of feet outside the kitchen. I was watching a really scary movie by that time, and the non- stop shuffling of feet wasn't helping at all. I was already feeling goosebumps and was imagining with some ghost stuffs until the shuffling stopped. I stopped the movie, but I was still rooted on my seat by the coffee table. I was trying to listen if the shuffling had really stopped, until I heard a loud groan and a really heavy sigh.
 
It was of a man's. If I'm not mistaken, he was groaning because he was hurt. I stood up and made my way out of the kitchen only to find the person I didn't expect to see.
 
Well, I never really expected someone. I mean, it's three in the morning so I'd assume that all the students are probably asleep.
 
But there he was. Dongwoo.
 
He seemed to be beaten up. He was trying to stand on his feet but miserably failed. I quickly made my way to him and made his one arm slung onto my shoulders. I assisted him to the kitchen and made him sit on a chair. Dongwoo was beaten up, BADLY.
 
His eyes adjusted to the light and finally recognized me.
 
"Yaelin?" He asked.
 
"What are you doing here?"
 
"Helping you, pabo. What happened to you?"
 
Before hearing his response, I quickly made my way to the shelves where the first aid kits are. I grabbed a towel and damped it in water. After getting everything I need, I sat next to him and wiped his face. He had a cut on his bottom lip and his face had bruises. Whoever did this to him must be really, really mad at him. But at that moment, I just wanted to make sure that he was fine. Maybe I should just ask him later. He's still really weak and his hands are a bit shaking.
 
I never thought that even with his toned muscles on him, he would be beaten up like this. I mean, come on! He's a dude! Couldn't he defend himself?
 
I finished doing everything to clean up the messy blood on his face, and the next part were his arms. He had some cuts here and there too! But they were nothing serious. I tried not to be harsh while putting some alcohol on his cuts. Dongwoo would react a little because it's stingy.
 
The whole time I was curing him, none of us was talking. Maybe because Dongwoo's really tired to even utter a word, and I've also got nothing to say to him. As much as I wanted to nag him why he ended up like this, I doubt if he would ever listen, and it wouldn't help him in his situation right now either. 
 
Besides, I'm not his mom.
 
I finally finished aiding him when I noticed that his shirt was a bit stained with blood. It was uncomfortable to see so I went through the shelves again and found a white wife beater. It was about his size, good!
 
I walked back to him. I was really hesitant and a bit shy to say this, but I did anyway.
 
"Uhmm.. Take off your shirt." I mumbled.
 
That time, Dongwoo didn't mock me. I was expecting that he would, but he didn't. He just slowly stood up, and took of his shirt and obediently did what I said.
 
Damn, I don't know he kept those six pack abs underneath that shirt! And yeah, he's hot. I mean, hot hot! I don't know why I'm saying this, but it's for real. His body was piece of art. His huge biceps... and abs... abs,
 
DARN IT! God knows I can just stare on them the whole year.
 
It's just that I don't know how long have I been starring onto his body until I heard him cough. I looked at him and felt my cheeks heat up. 
 
"Can I have that already? It's really cold." He said.
 
I quickly gave him the shirt and mentally cursed myself for starring. Why did I even do that? Oh yeah, who am I kidding? He's hot.
 
When Dongwoo was finished, he sank back on the seat and closed his eyes,
 
"I probably owe you an explanation after seeing me like this." He suddenly spoke.
 
I sat next to him and replied, "If it's too personal, you can keep it."
 
"No, not really. Actually, I wanted to tell someone so..."
 
"Go on," I urged him.
 
"I dated a girl a month ago for like a week or two. And just like how I would always do, I dumped her. She was nice, really. But I don't usually dig on nice girls. Her brother came in town last week and decided to give me a payback, and here I am now.." He chuckled bitterly. "I guess I deserve this. After all, I am a bastard for doing that to her," He added. "Maybe if all the girls that I've dated before has a brother like her, I've probably been beaten up for more than a hundred of times, or even more. Yeah, I deserve all those." He sighed. 
 
I looked at him and was finding the right words to say, but I don't feel like mocking him right now. I also don't think that comforting him would be a good idea so I just stayed impassive.
 
"You know what, I think you're right. I don't deserve to date someone like you." He said, and I felt my heart sank. The reason? God, I don't know.
 
"What makes you think you're not deserving?" I asked. He cocked one eyebrow, looked at me, and scoffed, "After hearing everything I just said, aren't you even worried one bit?"
 
"I don't remember saying 'yes' though.." I replied.
 
"You're right." He sighed, "And just last night, I found myself giving up already. I don't want to bother you anymore, Yaelin. And I guess I'm sorry for being a cocky bastard." He suddenly stood up. 
 
He looked at his watch and said, "Good thing it's Saturday tomorrow. It's already five in the morning, we should probably go back to our designated dorms." I stood up as well and grabbed my laptop. 
 
"From this day on, I'll stop bothering you. Goodnight Yaelin, and thanks for the help!" He said with a smile and turned his back and started to walk away. I suddenly felt something in my chest. It was suddenly hard for me to breath. I wanted to hold on it so bad, but I can't. I felt like crying, but, AGAIN, I don't know why...
 
..
 
....
 
.....
 
 
"Dongwoo, don't." I blurted.
 
Dongwoo, stopped from his tracks and looked at me, confused. 
 
"Huh?" He asked.
 
"Don't stop..." I mumbled.
 
"Err, why?"
 
"Because..."
 
"Because?"
 
I breathed heavily and bit my lip. I don't care if I would be going through a lot of nagging from my friends, or rumors spilling everywhere, right now I just had the guts to say this.
 
"I wanted to give it a shot, so let's go out on a date shall we?"