Son Yaelin

It Started With A Bet!

 

Listen to: Infinite- Come Back Again
 
"This is .."
 
Was how you always greet the world 'Good morning',
 
"Why does school have to start so early in the morning?!" Being NOT the morning person you are, your routine would always be like this: You'll take a shower, head downstairs where your mom would be waiting, wouldn't bother to eat breakfast, and head off to school. You always thought that you'll blow up if you eat breakfast in the morning, in fact, you never really eat breakfast, AT ALL.
 
"Hey mom, I gotta go." you said.
 
"Okay honey. Oh, by the way, I'll be home late.. Don't wait for me for dinner, huh?"
 
"Yeah, yeah.... What's new."
 
You mumbled the last words but your mom's ears were very sharp to miss it. She just inhaled deeply and shook her head. 
 
"This is for the both of us."
 
_________________
 
*RIIIIINNGGG!!*
 
"FINALLY!" You exclaimed. The school bell finally rings, indicating that it's already lunch time. Your friend Hana linked arms with you and smiled, "Excited much?"
 
"No, just really not into Geometry today."
 
"Shut up, you were never into Math, ever!" Your other friend Jesica said and you rolled your eyes. "How come you always ace in it?" You just shrugged and smiled at her.
 
"Let's get going, I'm hungry." You simply said. Then the three of you went to your usual table every lunch time, with Jesica clinging onto your left arm and Hana on your right.
 
Okay, so here's the deal. A little, but brief introduction about yourself:
 
You're an only child, raised by your single mom. Your parents were separated when you were eleven, and since then, your bubbly personality disappeared. You're a girl, but not the girly- girl type. You're kind of snob, to the ones you don't know. May be rude and grumpy at times. You have a very bad temper, and most of the time, you'd scare off people that would ruin your day... or even just your peaceful moment. It's a miracle that you still have friends, really. Hmm, No, you're not a queenka in your school. You're just.. YOU. You'd rather buy tons of food and groceries instead of carrying shopping bags in your hands. You didn't like make- ups. You can put on a simple shirt and jeans and still look like a beauty queen.
 
Everytime you'd open your facebook account and change your display picture, you'd always reach more than a hundred 'likes' for it and people would always leave such wonderful comments like, "Gorgeous!" or "Hot!" or, "You're really pretty! I wish I could be like you."
 
Your reaction? "What the fcuk?" 
 
You don't really know why they'd hit the like button in the first place since you personally think that your pictures look simple, and nothing special.
 
*Psshh. I'm nothing but a simple girl under these dorky eye- glasses. Maybe they're all having poor- eyesights.*
 
Well, that's for your peripheral point of view. Actually, you're pretty. Very pretty indeed even with your glasses on, but your self- esteem was all time low. And you NEVER, and as in NEVER really have dated any one before. In your school, you were labeled as "Ms. No Boyfriend Since Birth." Not because you're a tomboy or anything. No, you're not under identity crisis either. You just never really showed your interest in boys. 
 
People around you find it weird. They say that your beautiful face is such a waste, but you could actually care less. Many boys-- handsome boys actually, have tried to court you or ask you out, some even tried to lure and seduce you, but you'll always give them your poker face and icy stare, and they'd initially back- off so nobody has really won your heart or even caught your attention. They all failed.
 
WHY? Having a relationship was never in your vocabulary. You've always thought that you're still very young to even think about the idea of having a boyfriend. Lastly, you don't want to end up just like your mom. Not that you don't believe in love or anything, but you've always wanted your first boyfriend to be your last. You wanted to be sure on how it will go for your future. You've always thought about having a good future and relationships like that would always be your last priority. That's why you're one of the outstanding students in your school. Teachers in Andromeda University don't love you for nothing. Your reputation was never trashed, and you intend to keep it that way.