My Bestfriend VS. My Boyfriend

It Started With A Bet!

 

CHAPTER 25- My Bestfriend VS. My Boyfriend 
 
LISTEN TO: In the night sky- Afterschool
 
YAELIN'S POV:
 
So one day, I received a text message from Chunji sunbae. He was asking me if we could meet each other in a cafe in the mall today after class. No malice. It's been a while since we last bonded, and the last time I saw him wasn't a good time to chat with him since Dongwoo was with me.
 
FR: CHUNJI SUNBAE- Hey princess! It's been a while since we last spent time with each other. How about we meet up after class and catch up? You, little miss, have a lot of explaining to do! ;)
 
I was about to reply a 'Yes' or 'Sure' when Sohyun suddenly spoke. "You know, Dongwoo won't allow you to go if he finds out about that.."
 
I looked at her and flicked her forehead. "Yah! Who said you can just peek and read my messages?!" She pouted and scratched the back of her neck. And then she clung onto my elbow and said, "Let's just go shopping today!"
 
"Ha! I knew it!" I smirked.
 
"But really! If Dongwoo finds out, I bet he wouldn't want you to go. Remember what you said last time? It's like they're not in good terms, right?" Sohyun asked. 
 
"Yeah. But Chunji sunbae is like a brother to me. He's my bestfriend. Just because my bestfriend and my boyfriend hasa misunderstanding, doesn't mean my relationship between the two of them should be affected."
 
"Hey, she's right. It's not like she has to choose between the two of them." Gayoon reasoned out.
 
"Chunji?" Hyuna asked.
 
"Yeah. His name's Chunji." I replied.
 
"Hmm. His name sounds familiar."
 
The bell rang indicating the end of lunch break.
 
Just in case you're all wondering, my friends and I decided to eat separated from the Infinite boys since we wanted to eat in the garden area. The boys wanted to stay in the cafeteria..
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
English class finally came - the only subject where Dongwoo and I are classmates.
 
".. So baby, the boys and I will be watching a horror film that Sungyeol bought. Wanna come? You can bring your friends with you.." I was about to nod when suddenly, my phone vibrated. I opened the message and read,
 
'Don't forget this afternoon, alright? See you princess! I will be waiting for you at Starbucks.' 
 
It was sunbae. I suddenly felt confused. I missed my bestfriend. I wanna see him and catch up with him. At the same time I also want to be with Dongwoo.. But I'm already with him all the time. 
 
I guess it won't be bad to spend this afternoon with my bestfriend, right? It's not like it'll take a week or forever. Just this once...
 
Dongwoo snapped his fingers in my face and said, "Babe, you okay?"
 
"O-Oh.. Uh, I'll be meeting with my bestfriend from Andromeda after class." I replied. And I'm not lying. I only have three bestfriends from Andromeda. And Chunji sunbae is one of them. 
 
"Oh.. Okay! Anyway we can watch the movie together some other time." He said. I just half smiled and nodded.
 
*I'm sorry baby. I know I'm not lying... but why am I feeling this guilty?*