Continuation

It Started With A Bet!

 

LISTEN TO: Infinite- Real Story
 
 
Dongwoo drove you to a park. It was afternoon and there are many children playing and running around. He offered his hand again and you willingly gave your hand to his.
 
You walked by the river side hand in hand and were casually talking, asking some stuffs about each other. Everytime you'll look at your hand in his, you can't help but smile and blush. *This feels... nice.*
 
Dongwoo, on the other hand, was also feeling so giddy inside him and was trying really hard to keep his cool. 
 
"Dongwoo?" He looked at you, "Can we go get some ice cream and cotton candies?" You looked at him with your bambi eyes. He smiled and nodded, "Sure." You smiled back at him. "Thanks!"
 
You sat on a bench and started your ice cream.
 
"Can I ask you something?" You started,
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Uhh, why... I'm sorry if this will sound a little bit offensive, but why are known as 'the heartbreaker'? " You asked, doing the quoting sign with your fingers.
 
"You wanna know the real stroy behind this bad guy here?" You nodded. "Well, I was an only child. My mom and dad were always busy with their work. Eversince I was a kid, I have always wanted their attention, but they were never there to give it to me. I always worked hard in school, tried to get good grades, tried to get in some school's programs so that my parents' could watch me perform, but there was never a chance that they did." 
 
He paused, "I guess they never really care about me. They would only care about their business and their money. When I grew up, I entered Inspirit high since I don't want to stay in a mansion all alone. My parents were always out of the country and never even tried to contact me whenever they'd come back to have their vacation here." 
 
He chuckled bitterly, "It being alone. That's why I became a player. I tried to look for a girl who could finally give me the attention and the love that I needed, but I never found the right one." He paused again and looked at you, "I'm such an attention seeker, aren't I?" 
 
He smirked, "I've always thought that maybe, when I get myself a girlfriend and all, I can finally be happy because I finally got what I want. But I was wrong. I was never happy. I became a horrible beast. I broke too many hearts because I was too blind to see if they were really in love with me or just my money," He paused again. 
 
"I admit, I'm also afraid to fall in love, you know? And if ever I'm already feeling this something about a girl, I'd immediately stop and put her in the dumpster. I'm always having this doubt about them, like, what if they leave me first? So before they could leave me, I'd make the first move to dump them."
 
"What about now?" You suddenly asked. "Are you going to put me in the dumpster after this date?"
 
He shook his head and smiled, "You know, you're the first person I've ever opened up to. I don't know why, but you have this different effect on me. I'm always cool, cocky and all, but when you're around, it seems like I could let you control me... Like I'm a little kid raising my arms to be carried by you."
 
You both chuckled at his description.
 
"Sometimes, you just have to trust somebody, Dongwoo." You said. "I'm not good in giving advices and all, but you should atleast trust somebody, so that you won't have a hard time keeping everything you feel inside of you." 
 
Dongwoo gazed at you and smiled, "This is exactly the reason why I like you." He sighed, "I have always had this feeling that I can trust you with my life or something. I don't know. But everytime I see you, I see hope."
 
You softened at what he said and smiled back. You placed your palm at the top of his hands and squeezed it lightly. He looked at your hands together and smiled, "Thanks Yaelin,"
 
"You can count on me.." You replied.
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED..
 
 
A/N: Double update! :) How was it? Was it too much? Or just right? I wanna know what's on your mind :))
Thank you for your lovely comments my dear subs!