Missing Your Best Friend

Clash of the Players
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, what’s your problem?”

“My problem is you. Can’t you see you're messing with my girlfriend?”

“Well your girlfriend didn’t seem to mind it at first. I thought I’d take it to the next level.”

Myungsoo glared daggers into the guy’s face. If Myungsoo and you didn’t hate each other, you would’ve really thought he cared about you, the way he was defending you.

“You have three seconds to leave before I mess up your face so bad that even your mom won’t recognize you.” Myungsoo said, through gritted teeth.

“Ooh, I’m so scared.” The guy feigned horror.

Myungsoo threw you his jacket.

“Wear it and leave.” He hissed.

You were too scared to protest and quickly wore his jacket. You were at the entrance of the room, about to leave. You sighed and turned around.

“A-are you sure?” You asked, still not recovered from what just happened.

“Go!” Myungsoo shouted.

You flinched and ran out. You ran until you reached your house. Tears made their way down your face and you wiped them away, but they wouldn’t stop flowing. You fumbled with your keys and finally opened the door. You looked up to a sight you never wanted to see. Your parents were in a heated conversation and your mom was crying. So that’s why shouting was heard from the inside of your house this early in the night. Your parents were home and they were arguing. You could see the look of horror on both of their faces. There were occasional small quarrelling between them for the past few weeks, but this time it seemed very serious. They tried to reason with you and ask where you were to be wearing what you were, but it was too late. You already ran off.

Your hands trembled as you tried to dial Howon’s number. Tears blurred your vision once more and you tried to keep your voice steady as you talked to him.

“H-Howon oppa,” You breathed. “the worst thing j-just happened to me…”

“Where are you?” He asked.

“A-at the park.”

You barely finished telling him where you were when he bolted from his house to the park.

“~~~-ah?” He called.

“Here.” You whispered.

Howon sat down on the grass and pulled you into his embrace. Your sobs were muffled because your face was buried in his shirt. The two of you sat there, listening to you crying. Howon noticed you were wearing one of Myungsoo’s jackets. He didn’t question about it until you were ready to talk. You finally began to calm down. You finally pulled away.

“…thanks.” You mumbled.

He placed your head on his shoulder as he leaned against the tree.

“So tell me why you were crying.” He said gently.               

“I-I was almost…” You couldn’t f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter