A Few Years into the Future and Another New Neighbor

Clash of the Players
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few years have passed since that day that Myungsoo moved in next to you. Throughout the years, you, Myungsoo, and Howon have gotten closer, but mainly you and Myungsoo much to Howon’s disappointment. The thought of losing his best friend to someone else saddened him. Myungsoo was quite popular, mainly among the girls, at school. Howon was too. They both were always surrounded by girls, asking to hang out or whatnot. You were now in going onto the fifth grade along with your two best friends in a few weeks.  

Howon and Myungsoo were both at your house, lying on the grass in your front yard. Howon was engrossed in his third book of the week, despite it only being Tuesday in the summer.

“Don’t you ever get tired of reading?” Myungsoo asked, looking through his parents’ camera – at the pictures he took of him, Howon, and you.

“That’s like asking if you get tired of taking pictures.” You answered, flipping a page of your second book of the week.

Howon nodded. “Or eating. Since you love food so much.” He snickered, earning an icy glare from Myungsoo.

A loud roar disrupted your conversation.

“Must be the new neighbors.” You commented, glancing at the moving truck in the parking lot of the house next to yours.

“Now there really isn’t any chance of me moving in next to you…” Howon sighed.

You giggled and pat his hand comfortingly. “It’s alright. At least we live close to each other.”

A woman got off the truck and opened the door behind her, allowing a girl around your age to get off as well.

“A new friend!” You said, placing your bookmark – a pictu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter