A Repeat of the Past

Clash of the Players
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of winter break went by pretty smoothly. There weren’t too many arguments or pranks pulled. Maybe the occasional tiny prank occurred; like adding a whole bunch of salt to one’s hot chocolate or surprise snowball wars. You stayed away from Myungsoo, though. Far, far away.

It was the week back from winter break and the days for you and Myungsoo to slave for each other were approaching. You were walking to school, planning what you were going to make him do and came up with a few ideas. You smirked to yourself, wanting for Thursday to come quickly.

Everyone sat down in their seats and waited for the teacher to arrive. The members of both Eternity and Infinite (minus Howon) busied themselves by flirting with nearby classmates.

“I’m sorry for being late everyone.” The teacher apologized. “We have a new student. Please introduce yourself.”

“Annyeonghaeseyo, Shin Haeri imnida!” She bowed. “I used to attend middle school here, but I moved a few years ago. I recently moved back and I’m going to be attending here for the rest of my high school years. Please take care of me!”

Shin. Hae. Ri. How you disliked that name so much. You haven’t heard of the name since the day she left years ago, but hearing it again, still made your blood boil.

Eunhee nudged your side and whispered, “Isn’t that her?”

Your hard stare on the new student answered her question.

The boys of your class were busy talking amongst themselves.

“She’s cute.”

“Wonder if she has a boyfriend…”

“Eh, she doesn’t compare to Eternity though.”

“Yeah, I agree with him. Cute as she is, she’s not even close to the hotness of Eternity.”

The girls weren’t quiet either.

“Look at her. So pure and sweet. So unlike Eternity.”

“Pure and sweet? She looks like a fake to me.”

“No, I think she looks really genuine.”

“She is. I was in her class back then. She was the nicest girl I knew. You could say that she was like Eternity – before they changed and began to hang around lots of guys.”

“Like Eternity? Seriously?”

“Mhm, no joke.”     

Haeri’s eyes met Myungsoo’s and she flashed him a smile, which he returned with a very small one. Her eyes also met yours and you could have sworn she smirked. You gave her a scary glare and she wasn’t fazed. Class went by quickly because you were too busy burning holes through back of Haeri’s head. The bell rang and Infinite gathered around Haeri, excitedly chatting with her. You scoffed and left, Eternity following you.

You frustratingly ruffled your hair, messing it up. Misun reached out and fixed it.

“Ugh!” You said. “Was making my life miserable not enough? Now she’s back, probably going to try to ruin it even more!”

“It’s alright.” Miyoung reassuringly rubbed your arm. “We’re here for you – unlike your so-called used-to-be best friend Kim Myungsoo.”

“Sorry guys. Got here late since there was an entire crowd at the front of class, trying to catch a glimpse of the new girl.” Howon said, joining the group.

It was quiet.

“So, she’s back.” He commented, fixing his gaze on you.

Eunhee nodded. “We’re going to get her back for what she did to ~~~-ah.”

“We are?” Miyoung asked.

“Yes. After what she did, we have to.” Eunhee replied.

“It’s alright guys.” You said. “What she did doesn’t really matter anymore. I guess you can say she sort of opened my eyes about Myungsoo. He wasn’t a good friend for not believing me and now I know that. I don’t want to get any more involved with her than I need to.”

“Alright, we won’t do anything if you don’t want us to.” Misun said. “Well, for now anyway.”

The day went by pretty fast. Haeri had no problems adjusting to the new surroundings. She fit in perfectly and got along with everyone. At the end of the day, you wouldn’t even think she was a new student, seeing as she was always surrounded by a crowd of students. First having Haeri return and now having most of the students at school favor her. That’s just great – all the sarcasm in the world intended

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter