Spring Break

Clash of the Players
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You forgot who the genius was that suggested renting a beach house quite a distance away from home and spending spring break there, but you loved them for doing so. It was the perfect way to spend your break, away from home, away from Haeri – in all, life was great. As soon as sleeping arrangements were settled, you immediately changed into swimwear and headed to the beach. You took a sip from your fruity drink, enjoying the sound of the waves crashing on the sand as you basked in the afternoon sun.

“Enjoying yourself?” Howon asked, taking a seat in the beach chair to your right with his own drink in hand in addition to a book he brought along to pass time.

“Maybe a little too much,” You confessed, laughing.

He joined in as well, then leaned back on the chair and opened his book, resuming from where he left off.

“We’re here on vacation, Howon oppa; you’re supposed to be relaxing.” You joked once your eyes caught sight of his figure reading next to you.

“I am relaxing.” He defended himself. “What more relaxing than reading on the beach while drinking a smoothie?”

“Not reading on the beach while drinking a smoothie?” You suggested.

“I never would’ve thought you, whose love for books rivaled mine, would ever say that.” He said in mock surprise.

You two shared another laugh.

“By the way, where is everybody?” You asked. “It’s strangely quiet for a beach during students’ spring break.”

Both of you turned around in your chairs, looking towards the beach house rented for the duration of your stay. Neither Infinite nor Eternity could be found hanging around the house, so where did everyone go? Did they announce earlier that they were going somewhere but you were too distracted by the beautiful weather to have noticed? No, Howon was still here and he was always attentive, so that couldn’t have been it. Maybe…

“I’ve been looking around for you Howon oppa,” Miyoung suddenly appeared. “I need your help with something.”

“Uh, yeah sure.” He got up, confused. “What did you need –“

He was dragged away by the oldest Eternity member. Your eyebrows furrowed and your head tilted as you watched Howon’s and Miyoung’s figure growing smaller in the distance. How strange. Then again, Miyoung acting like that was even stranger. Shrugging, you went back to enjoying yourself. One week’s too short to be worried over unnecessary things.

“Oof,” Said a voice to your right.

Opening your eyes, you noticed a dazed Myungsoo who seemed to have been dumped into the chair Howon was previously occupying, looking around as he took in his surroundings.

“I was just taking a nap in my room when someone pulled me up and next thing I knew, I’m here.” He mumbled. “What is up with everyone?”

Funny, you were just wondering the same thing.

Myungsoo finally realized he wasn’t alone. His mouth was agape with surprise, his eyes wide. Then he coughed into his hand and averted his eyes to anywhere but you. Your eyebrow rose at Myungsoo’s behavior. Was he alright? He’s been acting weirdly ever since a week or two ago and it’s really throwing you off especially with the four month mark coming up in the near future.

“It’s hot.” He murmured, getting up and stripped until he was left topless and in his swimming trunks before heading towards the ocean.

Call you crazy, but he was ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter